Reaction score
Cue said:
plus they break easily, reno can supply them if your friendly with the part guy for nowt...

yep found that out too lol one was a right bugger to get out, in the end the top ripped off. :( can you get them off ebay? the plugs? or should i try reno first

Reaction score
Trophy No.
keith185 said:
Hoolio, would be great if we would have before and after graphs with the maxogen. :wink:

Yes would be great but it's proving to be an expensive idea, bit more than i expected, trying to organise something at the moment. Also I'm still unsure of the merits of it as i think most breathing mods probably need a map tweak to get the most out of them. Having said that Mark Fish was quite enthusiastic about it so i probably do it as long as i can find somewhere cheap enough.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Simon_172 said:
Cue said:
plus they break easily, reno can supply them if your friendly with the part guy for nowt...

yep found that out too lol one was a right buffalo to get out, in the end the top ripped off. :( can you get them off ebay? the plugs? or should i try reno first
i got a couple of reno for nothing.

Reaction score
just done it, only took like 40min, though i took both hoses out rather than just the one. sounds awesome thanks for posting this

Reaction score
Trophy264 said:
just done it, only took like 40min, though i took both hoses out rather than just the one. sounds awesome thanks for posting this
Your best putting the hoses back on as you will draw hot air from the engine bay.
You just need to remove the valve and leave the pipe where it was as this then draws in cold air.

Reaction score
OK, ..took the time to read the last few pages,
so in summary get rid of the valve full stop. however.....if you want the car to sound good, take the pipes out (which i have) this decreases the performance ever so slightly, but sounds hot
but if you still want to keep the performance leave the pipes in, minus the valve.leaving it sounding pretty much the same.

either way you have to block the tube that runs parallel with the battery overflow tube.....

yes???

Reaction score
A guy in Australia with a 172 tried dynoing with the tube to the acoustic valve removed from the airbox and with a larger diameter tubing fitted. Both time he lost power/ torque.