Reaction score
In the photo attached I have shown the pipe which is attached to the valve... I find it strange it goes straight into the engine?

I have no idea what disabling this valve (and hence the pipe) will result in....

Attachments

• HILLPOWERBEND3.jpg
    HILLPOWERBEND3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 3,037
Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
Does this valve make the whistling noise when blipping the throttle?

I've got it! The valve is to make the whistling noise! That's why it's called an acoustic valve, the whistle is deliberate. End of. :^o

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
stevegunnis said:
Renaultsport said:

I've got it! The valve is to make the whistling noise! That's why it's called an acoustic valve, the whistle is deliberate. End of. :^o

I was just wondering if you removed this valve then would it also stop the whisling noise. This valve is only fitted to 182s isn't it?

Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
stevegunnis said:
Renaultsport said:

I was just wondering if you removed this valve then would it also stop the whisling noise. This valve is only fitted to 182s isn't it?

Makes no difference to the whistling noise.

O.

Reaction score
OK, not end of. Won't life become dull when the mysteries of the valve/whistling/non-starting are solved. I might have to do some work instead.

Reaction score
Lol... this is proving to be quite interesting indeed! :)

Am very interested to read what the 'Panel of Experts' on the Renault site have to say... "Oh yeah, we put that pipe/valve there for fun... we love browsing enthusiast forums and watching people deliberate over absolutely nothing..."

O.

Attachments

• DSC00666.JPG
    DSC00666.JPG
    814.6 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC00667.JPG
    DSC00667.JPG
    788.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC00668.JPG
    DSC00668.JPG
    798.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC00669.JPG
    DSC00669.JPG
    789.8 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Reaction score
oliie said:
In the photo attached I have shown the pipe which is attached to the valve... I find it strange it goes straight into the engine?

I have no idea what disabling this valve (and hence the pipe) will result in....

I forgot to add that I blocked the other end of that pipe with a small screw. I did this because I read that the ITG Maxogen kit comes with an end cap for the pipe.

Reaction score
Ahh interesting. I was wondering what the CAI pods would come with to resolve that now redundant pipe. Arg the mystery!!!

:)

Thanks for the link for the pipe... will order it soon.

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
My tubing has arrived this morning, I shall get to work with it tonight and see how much room I have to route now the acoustic valve and piping has gone! :p

Reaction score
An answer from Allen Collen one of the panel of experts on the rs forum.

The indution noise will be different if you remove it - there could be some marginal improvement in performance but only if there was not enough air available when the butterfly was open. It is controled by the ECU and its objective was to reduce induction noise in line with an EU directive.

So there you have it.

Reaction score
Good work mate! A conclusive answer from Renaultsport themselves, so there's only one thing to do now...rip it off! :twisted:

Reaction score
Good one mate - thanks for following this up.

At least now we know for sure what it is.

But to be honest it still doesn't make sense. You should hear the induction noise on a M3 CSL... if that got past the EU directive surely ours would've without the valve.

Oh well...

O.

Reaction score
stevegunnis said:
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community/experts/questiondetail.asp?QuestionID=882&ExpertID=6&TopicID=1

Er...do I not get any thanks for this? it was me (Trophy 298/500) who posted the question about a month ago. :wink:

This is brilliant news, my prediction (and a lot of other peoples) were correct. This will be coming off tomorrow.

Well done!

I got an email from the RS forum to say my question had been answered and when I looked I only saw your question.

Still good result.

Reaction score
Thanks 7MAT, have they still not answered you about the non-starting? Oh, well, it is Renault. Far too busy winning F1 championships and applying F1 addenda to road cars, have you seen the new adverts? F1 x Va Va Voom = 197. I had to laugh.