Reaction score
I believe Permaguard is very different form Supaguard/DiamondBrite etc...

Mine Trophy was Supaguarded and I just washed it off! Ask anybody keen on detailing and they'll tell you!

Permaguard is the real deal originally developed for aviation and marine use!

I'm thinking about getting mine done soon. I love cleaning the car properly (I'm a Zymol user) but finding the time to do it a real problem.

Do a Zymol + hours spent equation and Permaguard is a bargain....

Reaction score
for those not sure about permaguard, check out my thread here : http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 2167#22167

i think you'll agree the results speak for themselves. the car has ended up looking highly waxed again and all i've really done is spent a couple of hours washing it.

i had some tar stains which also scrubbed off easily too, same goes for the collection of insects welded to the front bumper :wink:

Reaction score
g40steve said:
What preparation is needed before this treatment???

Cause if there is any dirt etc don't this just get sealed in?????????

they prep your car, then they give it the treatment.

i dropped mine off filthy and with a front bumper plastered with roadkill

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
g40steve said:
Anyone near Loughborough do this????

no, you have 3 choices in the uk - london or two in the manchest area. closest one is probably stockport for you. Nice drive in the Trophy though..... a few motorway junctions then take it across Snake Pass, one of the bet roads there is :)

and as Gaz said, they clean the car before starting work and i don't just mean a quick going over.... they shine wierd lights at the car and look at the paint surface with microscopes and stuff.

I'd recommend getting the engine and internals done if your car is over say 8k on the clock - brings everything back better than new. The screen thing though i'd argue unless you didn't drive a lot may be a bit useless - it works great don't get me wrong but only lasts about 1000 miles.

Reaction score
Cue said:
they shine wierd lights at the car and look at the paint surface with microscopes and stuff

yes they check the quality of the paint for oxidisation.

my car was very tidy and well looked after when i picked it up, you could tell it'd been polished regularly, yet the paint had a less than smooth finish.

now permaguarded, you are able to throw a cloth on the roof and it glides off, the paint retains a glass like finish after the treatment

Reaction score
Just had mine serviced at Canary Wharf, I was looking at it on the Woolwich ferry on the way back with the sunset reflecting off it and fell in love all over again, they even treated the tyres and all the black plastics, it really does look like liquid glass, and feels like it too. The service cost 50% of original cost so was £100, that included the glass treatment as well as the full exterior. I didn't opt for the interior or engine bay as It's been an expensive month but the Focus RS that was in having it's done looked mint, proper show quality.

I picked up two people from the station the next day that have zero interest in cars and they had to have a walk around it to admire it, saying they'd never seen such a clean car in their lives! I'd forgotten it about and wondered what on earth they were doing - it really is the nuts and if anyone thinks they can get a shinier look from waxes and polishes they're 'aving a laugh. I couldn't recommend it enough, it's more than an aesthetic thing, it warranty's the paintwork against minor blemishes and oxidisation for a year and makes water literally bounce off the windscreen, they're a highly professional friendly bunch too and were working on an Aston Vantage and a Maserati while mine was in so know their onions and are meticulous. Pictures to follow.

Reaction score
I had No. 099 done yesterday the guys are great, really nice, friendly and professional and obviously have 110% belief in their product.

I'll let you know how it goes but certainly standing under the arc lights in their workshop it looked fantastic! I'd recommend them to anyone...

Regarding the glass treatment, I was a bit dubious given the 1000-1500 mile period of the treatment, but they provide a top up kit which you apply as and when. Apparently there's enough in the kit to last a couple of years?

Reaction score
They even were kind enough to leave me a polishing mitt...

...under the bonnet!

Luckily, Mike @ Ren-tech did a service the following weekend and spotted it. He very politely told me he'd put the 'shower cap he had found under the bonnet in the passenger footwell'. Must have thought I was a right numpty.

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
They even were kind enough to leave me a polishing mitt...

...under the bonnet!

Luckily, Mike @ Ren-tech did a service the following weekend and spotted it. He very politely told me he'd put the 'shower cap he had found under the bonnet in the passenger footwell'. Must have thought I was a right numpty.

any pictures of your beast now fully treated up for the winter?

Reaction score
Believe it or not I don't have a digital camera, I'v e been waiting to ge the 350D after wanting the 300D since about 2002 and they've just replaced it with the 400D now! Never know when to buy in but I think I'm going to get the latest one now, can't imagine ever needing more than 10 Megapixels. Sorry that's a long way of saying "No, not yet."

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
Believe it or not I don't have a digital camera, I'v e been waiting to ge the 350D after wanting the 300D since about 2002 and they've just replaced it with the 400D now! Never know when to buy in but I think I'm going to get the latest one now, can't imagine ever needing more than 10 Megapixels. Sorry that's a long way of saying "No, not yet."

Take a look at the new Pentax offerings! The K10D is fully weather sealed, high speed focussing, image stabilsing etc...

Reaction score
Will do, I'm a bit of a stickler for Canon though, my SLR's have always been Canon's so I'm used to them, and Canon were the first to make an affordable top quality (using the same CCD's and components as the uber-expensive ones) digital SLR with the 300D.

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
Will do, I'm a bit of a stickler for Canon though, my SLR's have always been Canon's so I'm used to them, and Canon were the first to make an affordable top quality (using the same CCD's and components as the uber-expensive ones) digital SLR with the 300D.

I think that's what it comes down to at the end of the day! The cameras are so similar in specs and features that it boils down to personal preferance. My 35mm SLR was Pentax so I went with an *ist DS and maybe in a year or so I will think about the K10D or it's successor.

Reaction score
There's a valetter over on Cliosport claiming to offer 'Permaguard' at considerably less than Permagard!?!?

I've told that I'll have to give them a call and find out why they've overcharged me.......

Reaction score
chiefsilverback said:
There's a valetter over on Cliosport claiming to offer 'Permaguard' at considerably less than Permagard!?!?

I've told that I'll have to give them a call and find out why they've overcharged me.......

i have read that and watching with interest :wink:

i'm sure Mike who runs the London franchise might be interested too

Reaction score
Gareth said:
chiefsilverback said:

I'm going to drop him an email! ;)

Reaction score
Gareth said:
chiefsilverback said:

Mike and David in London are Permagard UK! They sell franchises etc... I think the product originates from Australia and the two operations are very closely linked so I doubt the guys in Oz are undercutting the guys in London by passing on the products cheap? I'd suggest Terrorist on ClioSport is a cowboy who doesn't know anything about Permagard!!!