Reaction score
Supagard, Diamond Brite and PermaGuard are all prettty much the same principle with a few differences in the compund. All do a good job in smoothing the microscopic surface of paint and preventing dirt from sticking. Diamond Brite has a 6 year guarantee. The packs also include interior protection e.g Scotchguard type protection for fabric and carpets. I've sold cars that have been Permaguarded but they require an annual revisit to guarantee the process. I have a feeling there's quite a bit of smoke and mirrors to justify the prices.

Reaction score
drexel said:
mines got the superguard treatment from the stealer. Is that the same as this?

Hi Drexel,

Permagard uses oxidation to fully set the compound hence it's apparent robustness (versus the other products which apparently are more like a hard wearing wax).

I'm not a scientist though...
;)
Cheers
O.

Reaction score
See what I mean about smoke and mirrors Ollie :) I have a feeling the all 'oxidise'.. The DiamondBrite comes with a maintenence compound and shampoo to keep it's effectiveness over the period.

Reaction score
allvehicles said:
See what I mean about smoke and mirrors Ollie :) I have a feeling the all 'oxidise'.. The DiamondBrite comes with a maintenence compound and shampoo to keep it's effectiveness over the period.

True true.

Oh well... I have only had experience with Permagard so I can't really compare. I do know however that a Saab we imported into Cyprus from Hong Kong still remains very shiny and was treated with a similar product to Permagard (in Hong Kong) over 5 years ago. Crazy I know... especially considering the summers in Cyprus (over 45 degrees celcius) in the main cities).

When I am in Cyprus later this year I will see what product it was (the sticker remains on one of the windows... it is a black sticker... maybe it is Diamond Brite?).

O.

Reaction score
Black sticker (gold writing, very 70's !) would sound like SupaGard.

Reaction score
when i bought my trophy the guy gave me bottles of diamondbrite jewelultra, its a 2 stage process to protect the car.

Its amazing stuff and really makes the car shine!!! see pic

Plus the best part is ive been onto ebay and ordered another bottle of stage 1 and 2, with postage it came to 5.04p. A lot less than 150 quid for permaguard and i am guessing its the same type of product!?

the bottles are quite small but should last for 3 or 4 full car teatments.

Ian

Attachments

• 11052006107.jpg
    11052006107.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 1,372
  • 11052006106.jpg
    11052006106.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 1,373
Reaction score
Just got mine done the other day and does it ever bring out the lines of the car, the wheel arches etc... We'll see how it holds up over the months, but initial impressions are very good.
Hey Ollie, Mike wanted me to pass on a 'hello' :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've just had mine permagarded. I've heard mixed reports about the supergard thing, this permagard is great though. 130 + vat for reference from stockport -graham scattergood's the guy's name. proper enhusiast i should add, a credit to the industry.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
btw, diamondbrite aint the same, its a wax based treatment and permagard is polymer based. similar results initially but you only need to do permagard once with a yearly top up and it lasts in all weather conditions as opposed to wax based treatments which 'melt' under hot sunshine and allow traffic film to stick to the body work - this is why you need to do more during summer than winter.

Reaction score
Cue said:
I've just had mine permagarded. I've heard mixed reports about the supergard thing, this permagard is great though. 130 + vat for reference from stockport -graham scattergood's the guy's name. proper enhusiast i should add, a credit to the industry.
Totally agree with you cue - top bloke - will talk about cars all day!

Reaction score
Permagard Shampoo - Amazing!

Just got hold of the Permagard shampoo that you are supposed to use to clean your Permagarded car and the stuff is amazing, up until now I have been using just cold water because I didn't want to risk putting detergent on it and it has looked really good. But after reading the instructions with the service pack (you get 5 bottles of different stuff and a special non-scratch scouring sponge) I added three drops of the shampoo in to warm water and went to work on the car. Chamoised it all off and it looks incredible, every trace of insect/road grime etc is gone and the red looks deeper and richer than ever before. It was getting dark by the time I finished but I will apply the tyre dressing (also included) tomorrow and take pictures to post on here.

In the setting sun, the car looked like Candy Apple red with 20 clear-coats! Like a glass sculpture of a Trophy. Highly recommended, I will definitely be having the annual service done in October.

Reaction score
It makes sense to use more than just water, not just for the car but with no detergent the sponge will just collect the dirt and you'll scratch the car anyway. From what everyone says it makes for easy removal of the insects stuck to the car, of course that goes for all these treatments, Permagard, DiamondBrite and SupaGard.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
it even makes getting rid of tar easy!!! I only got three bottles......... and the tyre dressing bottle split in my glove box covering everything :( Graham's sorting it out though - top bloke.

Reaction score
ive got the superguard stuff and i just use normal car shampoo. ive not noticed it being taken off or anything, i hope im not damaging it without realising lol

Reaction score
I'm just back from getting mine permaguarded today, results look amazing. i have a few pictures to download and re-size, hopefully they'll look alright, need to upgrade my camera i think.

Mike says hello Ollie and says he's considering renaming the business as there's a steady flow of Clio's passing through at the moment!! :D

Reaction score
T23PHY said:
I'm just back from getting mine permaguarded today, results look amazing. i have a few pictures to download and re-size, hopefully they'll look alright, need to upgrade my camera i think.

Mike says hello Ollie and says he's considering renaming the business as there's a steady flow of Clio's passing through at the moment!! :D

Lol... thanks for the message!! Now if only he had a comission system... ;)

I've put around 5000 miles on the car since the treatment and it still looks brilliant. I am tempted to go for another layer though... ;)

O.