Reaction score
Permaguard

This car # 298 has just come through the business and has had the Permaguard treatment. I am a big fan of Perma / Supagard but I would accept that Permaguard appears to be even better! Pictures are here of the car. It has a fabulous lustre. The invoice was for £200 Incl VAT money well spent.

It says something on the sticker about a 'service' a year after application? Any light on that anyone?

http://www.allvehicles.co.uk/lv55xog.htm

Reaction score
Re: Permaguard

allvehicles said:
This car # 298 has just come through the business and has had the Permaguard treatment. I am a big fan of Perma / Supagard but I would accept that Permaguard appears to be even better! Pictures are here of the car. It has a fabulous lustre. The invoice was for £200 Incl VAT money well spent.

It says something on the sticker about a 'service' a year after application? Any light on that anyone?

http://www.allvehicles.co.uk/lv55xog.htm

Yep - you have to have another coat applied after 11 months to maintain the 'fade resistance/water wash only' warranty.

Drew - how did yours go?

O.

Reaction score
very impressed so far - first wash at the weekend using just water and looks fantastic.going to book in for the engine bay treatment soon.

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question? Do you only need to wash with water because the permaguard is just so good or does the soap mess with it, leave a residue etc...?
I like the idea of only needing to drop a quid into the jet wash and blast the dirt away :)

Reaction score
Duffer - think of it as a liquid glass coating. Most things spilt on glass will just wash off - the same with Permagard.

I have just come back from a 2 week holiday and the car was unfortunately not garaged (as my garage door was being repaired). On coming back home the car was filthy and the birds had been obviously indulging in all of nature's goodness.

I took the car to the car wash place and literally asked the guy just to use his Karcher. The result was amazing... it was as if though I had just waxed the car!!! All the bird crap was gone etc and no sponge was used.

I will see if I can remember to post an update in a few months to see if it is holding up.

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
Duffer - think of it as a liquid glass coating. Most things spilt on glass will just wash off - the same with Permagard.

I have just come back from a 2 week holiday and the car was unfortunately not garaged (as my garage door was being repaired). On coming back home the car was filthy and the birds had been obviously indulging in all of nature's goodness.

I took the car to the car wash place and literally asked the guy just to use his Karcher. The result was amazing... it was as if though I had just waxed the car!!! All the bird crap was gone etc and no sponge was used.

I will see if I can remember to post an update in a few months to see if it is holding up.

O.

That sounds like a good enough endorsement to me! :)
Now I just gotta get my car park scrape fixed first.

Reaction score
oliie said:

O.
My power washer's just exploded so used a normal hose and just a sponge with water - got the same result as you Oliie - hardly any effort and looks like it's just been polished - even a few spots of tar just wiped off!!
So far so good - just hope the stuff keeps going for as long as they said it will.

Reaction score
Just a quick query - does anyone have an idea how much the renewal of the coating will cost after the first 11 months? Is it the saem as the initial fee or slightly less?

Reaction score
Ollie / Drew,

How's the car's looking a few months after the permaguard treatment?

I'm thinking of booking mine in now the bank balance has started to recover :D

Reaction score
Mine has been Permagarded since new, so it has had the treatment for 6 months now and the finish is incredible, it gets properly caked in crap on the run to work with the usual brake dust on the wheels and road tar/insects on the front and you can get it looking like it's had a proffessional wax in about 10 minutes! You just hose it all down with a normal garden hose use a clean sponge in a bucket of cold water and chamois it all off. It's the easiest thing in the world, you could wash your car every day if you were particularly fussy. The best thing is they even do the sills and inside the doors and the wheels and glass so you don't have to worry about any of it.

I will be doing this to all my cars from now on (not that I will ever be seling the Trophy), £200! It's a bargain! Think of how much you earn an hour and multiply that by the number of hours required to keep it looking this good waxing in a year. On the website, it states that no amount of waxing can look as good anyway and doesn't offer anything like the same level of protection. I mean Permagard do boats and aeroplanes, cars are easy to them. Check it out.

www.permagard.info

Reaction score
stevegunnis said:
Mine has been Permagarded since new, so it has had the treatment for 6 months now and the finish is incredible, it gets properly caked in crap on the run to work with the usual brake dust on the wheels and road tar/insects on the front and you can get it looking like it's had a proffessional wax in about 10 minutes! You just hose it all down with a normal garden hose use a clean sponge in a bucket of cold water and chamois it all off. It's the easiest thing in the world, you could wash your car every day if you were particularly fussy. The best thing is they even do the sills and inside the doors and the wheels and glass so you don't have to worry about any of it.

I will be doing this to all my cars from now on (not that I will ever be seling the Trophy), £200! It's a bargain! Think of how much you earn an hour and multiply that by the number of hours required to keep it looking this good waxing in a year. On the website, it states that no amount of waxing can look as good anyway and doesn't offer anything like the same level of protection. I mean Permagard do boats and aeroplanes, cars are easy to them. Check it out.

www.permagard.info

Steve,

Your comments have convinced me to take the step and get mine done too. I've been impressed with the initial comments and pictures from Ollie but was waiting to see whether the treatment still looked good after say 6 months.

I'll be booking it in over the next 4-6 weeks, will keep everyone posted and how it goes. I've got a couple of little parking dings in the passenger door which i'd like to try and get sorted first.

Steve - did you get yours done in London?

Cheers,

Gareth

Reaction score
T23PHY said:
stevegunnis said:

www.permagard.info

Steve,

Your comments have convinced me to take the step and get mine done too. I've been impressed with the initial comments and pictures from Ollie but was waiting to see whether the treatment still looked good after say 6 months.

I'll be booking it in over the next 4-6 weeks, will keep everyone posted and how it goes. I've got a couple of little parking dings in the passenger door which i'd like to try and get sorted first.

Cheers,

Gareth

I'm looking to get mine permagarded as well and to that end I'm getting a car park ding sorted tomorrow. I see ur in Leighton Buzzard and there's a place in Markyate called Scuffsnstuff thats sorting me out. If you're looking for some place to get it done they maybe an option for ya.

Reaction score
T23PHY said:
Steve,

Cheers,

Gareth

Gareth,

Happy to provide an update but feel the thread is worthless without a photo!

Will wash my car this weekend if it's sunny (with just water) and take a photo to show you how it's holding up.

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
T23PHY said:
Steve,

Cheers,

Gareth

Gareth,

Happy to provide an update but feel the thread is worthless without a photo!

Will wash my car this weekend if it's sunny (with just water) and take a photo to show you how it's holding up.

Cheers
O.

No prob's, i'll keep an eye out for a freshly clean picture :wink:

Reaction score
Mick
Can't remember the address of the top of my head and at work at the moment. I can email you the address on Monday - got no internet access at home.
Got the blokes phone number though - 07921355600 - his name's Graham Scattergood - decent bloke.
The place is just outside Stockport
Well worth getting done mate - washed mine yesterday just with water took 15 mins - looks like it's just been polished!!

Reaction score
It's been 2 months and almost 3000 miles since I first had my car Permagarded.

Today I faced what was my toughest time cleaning the car with water... the front end vaguely resembled a bug morgue.

Most of the bug marks on the front end are now gone but I have still been unable to clean my windshield glass properly. This means that the water took off the dead bugs more easily from the paint than from the glass.

So although I had my doubts today over whether or not the treatment was holding up, a little bit of relativity meant that I am still happy with the results.

The only area which I am not convinced about are the rims which I think were originally treated but don’t seem to clean that easily with water.

As requested I’ve linked to a few photos of the car after today’s cleaning session (wheels were not cleaned today for fear of being caught in the rain!). The original photos taken the day of the Permagard application are located on page one of this thread for comparative purposes…

Cheers
O.

A few pics:
http://public.fotki.com/oliie/trophy/

A sample of pics:
IMG_2590-vi.jpg

IMG_2591-vi.jpg

[/b]