Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am going to book in a Permagard treatment for the little Clio.

Anyone had any experience with the Permagard product?

We have had a similar hard glossy coating on a car which we kept in very harsh conditions and it fared very well.

BTW, they have quoted ~£150 for a full exterior treatment.

Cheers
O.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not sure how it differs to Permagard, but mine was Supagard'ed by Renault (twice in fact!) when I took delivery of the car.

I didn't find it was that good to be honest, i can get a much better result with the range of products i have and which i have now started using on the car. I wouldn't have it done again personally.

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Nik.

I wonder if the treatments are similar? The treatment I have seen adds what seems to be a layer of liquid glass over the paint... it really is incredible! But maybe I am thinking of something completely different ;)

O.

Reaction score
I had my car 'Permagaurded' today... wow!!!

This stuff is fantastic. It is the only polymer on the market to react with oxygen and gives what seems like a liquid glass coating over the car. It also eliminates any microscratches in the paint work.

Probably the best investment I've made in the car. I've also been told never to wash the car with soap or to wax it.. and just to go for an annual top up. The work is fully gauranteed as well. Of interest is the fact that the wheels were also coated...

Piccies of before and after (no prizes for guessing which are the before vs. after shots)...

Attachments

• IMG_2384.JPG
    IMG_2384.JPG
    437.9 KB · Views: 2,165
  • IMG_2385.JPG
    IMG_2385.JPG
    451.6 KB · Views: 2,167
  • IMG_2387.JPG
    IMG_2387.JPG
    264.3 KB · Views: 2,165
  • IMG_2388.JPG
    IMG_2388.JPG
    919.2 KB · Views: 2,168
  • IMG_2389.JPG
    IMG_2389.JPG
    310.9 KB · Views: 2,167
  • IMG_2390.JPG
    IMG_2390.JPG
    689.8 KB · Views: 2,167
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how resistant the polymer is to brake dust. Have been impressed by used cars I've bought that have been Supagarded - it certainly makes a difference and should help resale if you give the car a clean before to offer in px. (Not sure about just washing the car off with water though?)

Reaction score
Welcome artdealer :)

I have been issued a certificate and gaurantee card (transferrable to a new owner) which should help indeed...

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
Looks very impressive oliie - super shiney!

Keep us posted on how it performs, I would have thought that some road grime/dirt will need more than just water to get it off, but I guess this stuff prevents the dirt from sticking to the paint surface? :?

Reaction score
OliS said:
Looks very impressive oliie - super shiney!

Keep us posted on how it performs, I would have thought that some road grime/dirt will need more than just water to get it off, but I guess this stuff prevents the dirt from sticking to the paint surface? :?

Absolutely... it is actually a layer on top oof the paint surface... in fact he mentioned it may also reduce stone ships due to it's hard coat. So nothing actually ever ends up touching the paint surface with this coat on the car.

I will definately keep an eye on it to see if it meets the standards I've been led to believe it will...

:)

O.

Reaction score
Ollie
Looks fantastic. Was thinking of getting this done myself.
Where did you get it done and how long did they have your car for?
Cheers

Reaction score
Thanks Drew.

There is currently only one Permagard outlet - they are located in East London (just past Canary Wharf - next to City Airport).

They had the car from 9am to 2pm and only do one car on a Saturday. They can be booked for a few weeks in advance.

www.permagard.info for more information and contacts.

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
Oliie
Been in touch with permagard and they've got a franchise in Stockport(about 20 miles from me) I can't get to them for the next few weekends so would be v grateful if you could let me know how you're getting on over the next few weeks - before I take the plunge!!
Cheers
Drew

Reaction score
That's interesting Drew... I thought they only had one outlet. My bad!

I will definately let you know how I get on. I have an extreme test coming up shortly (I'll let you know what in a couple of weeks!!!).

At the moment the treatment is proving superb. I have been doing motorway driving in light drizzle and so have accumulated lots of dirty water from truck spray etc. However a quick rinse with a hose allowed the car to look as if though it had just been painted. Amazing!

More details to follow in the coming weeks...

O.

Reaction score
£130 + VAT + There could be a small charge (£20 - £50) for some preparation work depending on the state of your paint(swirl marks etc)

Reaction score
Drew182 said:
£130 + VAT + There could be a small charge (£20 - £50) for some preparation work depending on the state of your paint(swirl marks etc)

This sounds about right. You also get a mini 'valet kit' for this price and a 11 month gaurantee (i.e. that your car will remain very shiney!).

I also had them do my interior for an extra charge which includes protecting the mats, dashboard, seats etc. I thought this might be a good investment as it will limit the amount of creasing/cracking on the bolster of the Recaro seats...

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
Drew182 said:

This sounds about right. You also get a mini 'valet kit' for this price and a 11 month gaurantee (i.e. that your car will remain very shiney!).

I also had them do my interior for an extra charge which includes protecting the mats, dashboard, seats etc. I thought this might be a good investment as it will limit the amount of creasing/cracking on the bolster of the Recaro seats...

Cheers
O.

Having seen the quality of the finish i am quite tempted to get my Trophy done once i've picked it up. Do you mind me asking how much extra it was for doing the interior too?

Cheers,

Gareth

Reaction score
Welcome Gareth :)

I only have half an interior (no back seats, carpet etc.) so was charged £30 + VAT for the interior treatment.

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
Welcome Gareth :)

I only have half an interior (no back seats, carpet etc.) so was charged £30 + VAT for the interior treatment.

Cheers
O.

Oh ok! :D

Looking at the exterior definitely worth investing, i might consider the interior too, depends how my funds are looking! :p