BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Tonyment. Ye I fitted it myself with some help from a friend, Its alot easier with two people. It took me about an hour to fit it properly.
If you fancy a trip up you can come see what you think of mine if It will help your decision?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thought it may be a tad loud ! Hopefully I will get to hear it on sunday and if its that loud I may here it down here in Manchester

Ye im going to leave the decat on for this meet so you guys can hear the full system ! :)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I like the decat. I love the noise and downshifts sound awesome ! I just dont know if I can put up with amount of noise. :)

Reaction score
BenG said:
Tonyment. Ye I fitted it myself with some help from a friend, Its alot easier with two people. It took me about an hour to fit it properly.
If you fancy a trip up you can come see what you think of mine if It will help your decision?

I will have to do that might be coming on sunday! You will have to remember that mines got alot of work to do on it tho! lol... I still need to do pretty much everything! My problem is what to do first as its not going to be cheap to get everything done! i was checking out my service history and found it doesnt have a stamp to say its had its belts changed at 36k :( so i am looking in to this to see if it has been done or not is there anyway to tell just by looking??

Reaction score
With regards to the Back box hitting the heat sheald, check its not the clamp. Fitters have an annoting tendancy to face the thread upwards which cluots the heat sheal when at low rpm

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I will have to do that might be coming on sunday! You will have to remember that mines got alot of work to do on it tho! lol... I still need to do pretty much everything!

Get yourself to the meet on Sunday. Dont worry if your Trophy needs work doing to it, some people are just too car proud. :) Be prepared to see me in a very dirty Trophy as i dont think i will have time to clean it before this meet.

Bovvered !

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
With regards to the Back box hitting the heat sheald, check its not the clamp. Fitters have an annoting tendancy to face the thread upwards which cluots the heat sheal when at low rpm

I fitted the system myself mate and I have fitted the clamps with the threads facing downwards. Ive sorted it now, just pushed the heatshield up a bit.

Thanks.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I love it!
I have done about 700 miles since fitted and the noise is less raspy than it was when I first fitted it, It makes a nice noise when flooring it, a very different note compared to the standard exhaust, more of a deep grumble at low revs and then it roars when you give it the beans, I think im getting used to the noise level as it doesnt seem as loud now. Ive noticed its only boomy when travelling at low revs in a high gear. Drive sensibly and you hardly know its there. its quite boomy when at 70mph in 5th but I think this is due to the decat.

I asked a mate to drive the car (gib172) so I could hear it from the outside and I was very happy with the noise it made, I could still hear the induction noise when he was coming towards me, but with the added roar from the exhaust noise it sounded very nice. 'gib172' give it the thumbs up :D

The power delivery is more progressive and the 5K kick has almost gone, you can still feel the pull from 5k but the kick hasvirtually gone !

I made a video but the sound was rubbish so didnt bother posting it up, I need to get hold of a decent camera.

Reaction score
Nice but
Houston we( I ) have a problem.... :lol:

The company doesn't ships worlwide :( ,so I'll have to go to Milltek...

Reaction score
PPTom said:
Jesus you got that quick, when I ordered mine, Scorpion had ran out and I waited about 6 weeks!
The back boxes look massive when they are sitting there in front of you, but they really aren't that big compared to the standards. Also the brace between the tailpipes on mine was too long by about an inch, I had to grind it down so the tailpipes fitted in the cutouts. Just take your time fitting it, get it sitting 'ok' then after a weeks worth of driving, when all is 'bedded in', line it up perfectly. Oh and if you haven't done it already, the exhaust hanger mod is very worthwhile at the same time. I used copper pipe (15mm plumbing) in mine (hosepipe deforms over time) but I've seen people use old sockets with good results:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=334696 - I'll post a pic up if you're not a member.
Give me a PM if you have any questions about fitting.
Tom

Hi Tom

Please can you post the pic as i am not a member and have just ordered the cat back hope it will arrive soon!!! :D

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
You must have liked the sound of mine then . . . :) The cat back will be alot quieter.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well, after 4 and a half months the emissions light has finally decided to light up :roll: Oh well I had a good run. :)

Actually. Quick question, the emissions light is the picture of the Engine on the right hand side, right ? No other lights are on, just that one.

Reaction score
Ben, are you running a cat back now for this?

And if so, has the 5k kick come back?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
No im still running with the decat. My MOT is due in September so ill swap it over then. Ill let you know if there are any changes then.

Marrow - Yes im still getting some resonance, mainly at 3 - 4K revs, if I drive with both windows down its really loud. Im fairly certain this is due to the decat.

Reaction score
BenG said:
Marrow - Yes im still getting some resonance, mainly at 3 - 4K revs, if I drive with both windows down its really loud. Im fairly certain this is due to the decat.

Thanks Ben.

Is anyone running the Scorpion with a cat? If so, does it resonate?