Reaction score
I have an idea...let's ignore the garbage. Rather than ban it, let's all agree to ignore it. I think that would be rather sensible. This was we can all concentrate on discussing a really great car and not be bothered by these inane and pointless rumbleings.

Reaction score
GUYS i asked a simple question and thanks for the replys HOWEVER there is no need for the rest of it. its a great car. 6mags cand top gear cant be wrong. ot the 500 ppl who own then but i didt ask if the get "backhanders" it dont matter. will it be worth £13,00 after 10,000 milea or one year? thats it. yth

Reaction score
Maverick said:
King Stromba said:
Jeremy said:
As with all manufacturers press launches, Renault pay for journalists flights for a launch in another country and hotel accomodation and food. But I think that what you're suggesting is something more than that ?

Evo couldnt lose any more credibility if they compared a hatch back car to the space shuttle.

Its becomeing embarrassing to read now. It so obvious they have hidden adjendas.

You often harp on about the Willy being in the top ten cars.... so that must be bollocks as well then surely? Or did Renault pay Evo to get a 10 year old relic in there too? :roll:

Your far too easy to see through. Some of your wind-ups used to be subtle and even bordering on witty.... your losing your touch. :wink:

Or is it the case that you spew this garbage out so much your actually starting to believe it?

The story about the Williams beating the NSX was true. But the road was so old, small and twisty, it resembled a rally track more than a road. As soon as the cars hit any kind of straight the Williams was history. The P1 could pull 5 or 6 car lengths on me just under acceleration off a raodundabout. Ask Paul Mitchell, his Lotus Carlton got toasted too. To give you an idea abuut speed differential, i was getting to the end of the long straight about 8 seconds slower in the williams than in the M3. 8 Seconds. Just in a drag race down a straight. Ayreton Senna could have been in the Williams because i was so far ahead it didnt matter how fast the Williams went round the corners. Oh it was just as much fun when it got their. But second fun, not first fun.

Thats how quick the other cars were. Im under no illusion that on the type of Britist roads most people frequent 99% of the time, an M6 would murder any Trophy. Even on a Standard B road it wouldnt even be close. Sure if you want the driving thrill im sure the Trophy is just as much 'fun'. But then where is the fun in losing?

Trouble is alot of suggestible people are starting to beleive the 'fantasy' that these cars are as fast as the supercars they are pitted against. Its all rather sad really.

Reaction score
that has nothing to do with Trophy holding it's value though.

i think there's a fair chance they may command a higher resale, it's 50/50, but if my local Reno dealer are anything to go by then it looks like they will hold a much better price than regular 182's.

think of it this way, the Cup could be bought for 10kish brand new, but now fetches slightly more than a full fat 172. not bad really imo, end of the day these cars are not marques of distinction, just cheap supercar killers (okay, within reason...)

Reaction score
I don't think anyone thinks they are faster than supercars in a straight line. Get them on a tight twisty roads and there faster. A Ferrari would get wedged betwwen the hedges there so wide.

Reaction score
The used value of the Trophy has already appreciated and is now the same price as a new one was 3 months ago....

Reaction score
oliie said:
The used value of the Trophy has already appreciated and is now the same price as a new one was 3 months ago....

as i'm finding out looking at one of the few remaining ones at the moment... if people don't mind me asking what sort of prices have people paid... may give me some ammo when I go to the dealer on Saturday to have a go in one.