Reaction score
Has a few things in it favour, like limited numbers, dampers etc. I'm sure it will depreciate hopefully not as much as the normal 182. I'm with the Trophy for the long haul though so i'm not too bothered.
I'll wait for the day when a Sultan offeres me silly money for it. ha. Its just trying to keep the mileage down and when i'm having so much fun in it, thats hard to do. I didn't buy it to "make money" just to have fun before i think about kids etc.......

Reaction score
No. With the prospect of being shot down by all the trophy lovers on here.

Renault saw to that when they knocked 3.5 k off the retail price with discounts.

Honda dont discount. Result - civic holds its value. Renaults policy of reducing car prices with discounts will mean your car will be worth less than 10k within a year. Thats a whopping 33% depreciation in 1 year for someone who paid full price. Youll be hard pressed to find a car that depreciates faster.

Reaction score
Most people did'nt pay anywhere near £15.5K. I paid £12.6K, so I would assume it would be a similar depreciation level to most other cars.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think initial depreciation will be the worst as it always is, however i beleive with the amount of raving reviews and the fact that its as rare as a positive post from stromba, then it will hold on well and always be in good demand. The fact that renault sold em cheap dosent matter IMO because in a year or two the fact will always remain that there are hardly any around and people will be keeping them.

Day

Reaction score
My 172 was £15999 new (discounted!), It's now worth at most £5.5 k some five years later.

I wouln't hold much hope on it being worth much more after the same period if the market continues like it is :(

hyb

Reaction score
Think it''ll depend on how many trophy's are for sale when you come to sell your own. IF there's only 2 or 3 up for sale, and there scatterd over the country you can stick to your asking price a bit more, if the buyer really wants a trophy they can't really go elsewhere

Reaction score
I think it should hold it's values, in the same way that the Williams has over the years. A good Williams will still set you back around the £5k mark, which isn't bad considering they are around 12 years old now.

Reaction score
I think given the rarity and the following the car has it will eventually regain some value. Of course at the moment its just a 182 to most people I am sure. Possibly if Renault had done something with the engine too it would have helped, but I am sure somewhere down the line it will be more valuable than not.

Of course that is, if its left standard, or can be put back to standard.

Reaction score
Your dreaming if you think youll get more than 10k after one year. Buyers think like this:

You bought it for 12.5k
So im paying 9.5k max

They dont care what retail is. Prices will drop for 2 or 3 years then stabilise around 3, 4 or 5 k depending on condition (as they have for 172's).

As soon as the warrenty is up they will take another hit on depreciation as people wont want to cover the costs of those dampers. I absolutely guarantee that a load of trophys will be for sale in summer of 2008 when the warrentys are up. I mean do you want to pay over 1000 for new suspension?

And i dont care what people say, ALL suspension needs replacing after around 2 or 3 years (at most). Dampers just dont last forever. Springs compress. I bet next year we have lots of 'Trophy doesnt feel as sharp as it did posts'. I reakon to keep the Williams as new your looking at replacing the dampers and springs every 20k or 2 years at most.Ive dont it i should know.

Reaction score
You should get a job with Parkers. Whats your Williams worth taking into account what you have said above £500 quid. To keep a car in good nick you can't refurb your wheels with just any christmas decoration gold spray paint. You should know that.

Reaction score
Neither of my williams will ever be for sale, so they are priceless.

Both my williams have had brand new alloys form Renault (total cost 2000 pounds)

200 has had every nut and bolt i can get to under the bonnet replaced with new. The suspension is new. The engine has been rebulit and blurprinted by Nick Hill. New panels, new calipers, new bearings, new subframe, new balljoints, new windscreen, new rubber seals, new torsion bar, new everything (all genuine renault). The only original item on the car is the gearbox, which at 150,000 is still fine. The sealent has beeen completely removed from the bottom of the car and the whole car galvinised. Your welcome to troll trough trader to find a better williams 1, but ill save you the time and tell you that there isnt one. The only thing left to do is the paintwork. After ive dont that, it will be as good as anything renault own in their historic collection.

Reaction score
(offtopic)

It will be the sellers decision as to whether they will inform the buyer how much they paid for their Trophy. Prices are currently pretty good, between £12.5k and £14.5k.

Reaction score
OliS said:
(offtopic)

It will be the sellers decision as to whether they will inform the buyer how much they paid for their Trophy. Prices are currently pretty good, between £12.5k and £14.5k.

Replying to a question, if anyone has gone off topic its the person who asked the question. That is if your refering to myself.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
So what you're saying is it's not really Williams #200 at all anymore, more of a parts bin special :wink:

Just joking!

Sounds like a hell of a lot of work and money gone into that, hats off to you for that. Got to be in better condition than 0001 thats been sat still for years.

I'm personally not bothered in the slightest about resale values and depreciation of the Trophy. I don't plan on selling it so doesnt matter to me. Ok i said the same about my 172, then 2 months later chopped it in for the Trophy, but this one is different. I cant see any MK3 clio coming up to the same standard for years, if ever.