Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
amm said:
nick when you say you have uprated brakes what have you dun to them :?: :?:

I've been running Performance Friction PF'97 carbon metallic brake pads as they use in the cars in the Clio Cup. Also have Goodridge braided hoses fitted. I've used them for a while now, and I think they are great. Back on the Renault pads at the moment though as I finished the others off at Donington.

Reaction score
Stromba, Not sure if I am missing your point but, I have pictures of a mitsi evo 8 on 3 wheels on track, does this mean that it is a poor handling car? I don't think so.

Yes we all know that any front engined front wheel drive car is going to understeer, that is the laws of physics with the weight up front in a car with such a short wheelbase, but this does not seem to bother you as you own two Williams', or do you like owning cars that don't handle :wink:

Anyway, comparing the Trophy to most other hot hatches you can say that the Trophy is a good handling car as it is more stable and adjustable than the others, the same as the Williams was back in it's day, ultimately compared to cars that cost two, three times as much it is not going to handle as well, but I don't expect it to :D

Reaction score
You say it doesnt 'handle as well' as cars that cost 3 times as much. Define handle?

Handling just means the cars characteristics. It doesnt mean a car is good or bad. The MR2 turbo mk2's are said to 'handle badly' because they have a tendency for the back ends to come round. But its not 'bad handling' its just a characteristic of a car with 250 bhp going through the rear wheels and a heavy engine sat over the rear axle. A good driver will adapt to this and treat the rear end with respect. An MR2 wont swap ends any more than an F1 car will swap ends if the driver adapts to its 'handling' characteristics.

The Trophy doesnt 'handle well', any more than a Williams does or a 306 gt16. People think its 'handles' well because its easy to drive. If your a driver, who wants a drivers car a 205 gti will 'out handle' a Trophy as the chassis is more adjustable and lift off oversteer is more readily on tap. It depends what you want from a car.

Handling is subjective. You cant say a Trophy handles well, all you can say is that you like the way it handles.

If you like big sallon cars with 400 bhp, a trophy is going to handle like a bag of crisps in the wind to you. If you like a smooth ride a trophy is going to feel like sitting on a washing machine on fast spin to you. If you like nimble small cars the trophy is great...FOR YOU.

Its subjective.

I dont have a problem with people loving the trophy. I love my Williams and i think the trophy is great too. But i do have a problem with people thinking they are better than they are. Until youve owned / driven a P1, a Ferrari 355, an AMG mercedes etc, your havnt experienced what a real car can do.

The Trophy is great, the civic type r is great, the williams is great, but at the end of the day they are shopping trollies with 2 litre engines. They arnt great race cars. But they are fun.

Reaction score
OliS said:
Stromba, Not sure if I am missing your point but, I have pictures of a mitsi evo 8 on 3 wheels on track, does this mean that it is a poor handling car? I don't think so.

Post em up then.

Reaction score
I have to agree with stromba as he is right the clio is a very good car ..for the money ..it does most things well as do all hot hatches but when pushed they all give primarly down to gravity ..suspensions etc.. I bought mine casue i love small quick cars.. the trophy fits all buttons for me but can never compare to the tvr i also own in any form.. i get out that grinning from ear to ear..most times anyways

rodger

Reaction score
Fair play Stromba, good points well made, I guess I just like the way my Trophy handles then! :lol:

Pic of Evo 8 is very small have had to take it from a website...

Attachments

• EVO on 3.jpg
    EVO on 3.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,209
Reaction score
I also remember pics of the new AM V8 at the Ring with the inside front wheel in the air.

Anyway, what I wanted to post was that handling isn't just subjective. You can talk of a car that handles well and not mean just "I think it handles well".

Take a Kia Rio. If someone says they think it handles well, they need to be driven in it.

Good handling is about the predictability and feel a car gives, the confidence it inspires, the way it tells you what is going on.

You may disagree with someone about what handling characteristics are desirable, but you are still sharing a notion of what good handling is about.

Some people though never get beyond their impressions of a car to actually analysing the handling characteristics and why they like / dislike them....

Reaction score
Well if you wanted a smooth ride the Kia Rio beats the Trophy on that handling characteristic. If its a priority, you could say it out handles a Trophy.

But i agree in principle we are talking about sports handling, not egg on dash balancing properties.

Reaction score
lol, im surprised nobody has replied with a personal experience...
my best friend has a type r, it got rr'd at 208 bhp. its a quite fast car.
personally i think it looks crap. but anyway.
when i got my cup we raced (cup standard)
0-60 i really did blow him, by quite alot. he started catching slowly and at about 120 he was caught up. no doubt he would have come past me after that.
but to the point, some1 said that its down to handling preferance, NO ITS NOT lmao, the cup was officially the best handling car around til the trophy and i tell u wot, it eats the civic for breakfast when it comes to cornering.
anyway best let sum1 else have an opinion lol
:)

amm

Reaction score
Nik said:
amm said:
nick when you say you have uprated brakes what have you dun to them :?: :?:

I've been running Performance Friction PF'97 carbon metallic brake pads as they use in the cars in the Clio Cup. Also have Goodridge braided hoses fitted. I've used them for a while now, and I think they are great. Back on the Renault pads at the moment though as I finished the others off at Donington.
nik could you tell me how mutch thay cost and where you get them from thanks :?:

amm

Reaction score
thanks nik .
have you tryed gowing on to the yozzasport web site recentley as i canot get on it :?:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, they've had some hosting problems i think, sure it will be back online soon

Reaction score
amm said:
Thay are both good cars but the trophy just seams to pull better i know this due to the fact i had a 2004 civic type r and i now own a trophy.
The trophy is mutch better in the corners and pulls better at low reves and mid range as for at the top end would not know as i am still running it in but the full fat 182 of my brother semed to pull about the same as a type r but we never tryed them agenst eatch utther 8) 8) :)

Only because you wouldn't race my 182 :D

amm

Reaction score
Neal said:
amm said:
Thay are both good cars but the trophy just seams to pull better i know this due to the fact i had a 2004 civic type r and i now own a trophy.
The trophy is mutch better in the corners and pulls better at low reves and mid range as for at the top end would not know as i am still running it in but the full fat 182 of my brother semed to pull about the same as a type r but we never tryed them agenst eatch utther 8) 8) :)

ha ha ha ha very funny do you know it is against the law to race on the public highway
and you know you self that the trophy pulls better :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reaction score
amm said:
Neal said:
amm said:

ha ha ha ha very funny do you know it is against the law to race on the public highway
and you know you self that the trophy pulls better :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It only pulls better when it hot amd my is cold + whats the fastest you been in the trophy? NOT as fast as my 182. You now yourself that my 182 would win hands down. Its only against the law to race if you get cort.

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Someone was going to put the integra lump in a Williams. Dont knw if the integra and civic use the same lump?

depends which integra.
DC2 engine is the B18(1.8- 187BHP on uk fuel. JDM 200BHP)
DC5 engine K20A(2.0- 217BHP on 100RON)