Reaction score
**UPDATE**

Had the Trophy looked at as wanted a second opinon and by someone else and it seems the ball joint is hanging out literally! :evil: Not happy is the word but happy found the source of the problem!
My main gripe is why wasn't this picked up on the MOT you cant tell me with in the weekend of having the MOT it has failed!
Lucky for me its covered under warranty by Renault still which is a result so car in tomorrow to have the new arm and got to have a Twingo as a courtesy car tonight! :lol:

Reaction score
Yikes! Good to have found the issue - I'm sure you must be relieved.

Is that the standard Renault warranty under which your problem is covered?

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
Yikes! Good to have found the issue - I'm sure you must be relieved.

Is that the standard Renault warranty under which your problem is covered?
Relieved is another word as i was ready for a £500+vat hit with a new steering rack!

Yeah Renault are covering the cost of the part and labour under RCL scheme where its 4 years old and within 60k! Which is good as i thought i was going to be paying!

Hoolio well lets say its not stopping there to the thread shuffle comment!

Basically what thread shuffle means is go away i cant find it or i cant be bothered!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cue said:
could something like worn ball joints maybe?

i tell you, i should be employed by reno to head up all technical issues..... :wink: or at least change my nickname to canny cue and get a spot in the sun predicting the future.

Reaction score
Cue said:
Cue said:
could something like worn ball joints maybe?

i tell you, i should be employed by reno to head up all technical issues..... :wink: or at least change my nickname to canny cue and get a spot in the sun predicting the future.
Not just a pretty face eh Cue? :lol:

The only reason i didnt think this was due to having a MOT as this should be one of the main checks!

Reaction score
Hi Power ranger,

Glad you found the problem out =D> , gives me even more confidence, my ball joint is failing.
Though this does worry me about the MOT, as I've said in the past I recently had an MOT and it passed, and knowing
that there was play in the joint too. Will get mine done this weekend.

Ajr

Reaction score
Get it up on a ramp, stand underneath, grab the column just above where it goes into the steering rack and yank it about, if there is movement & the noise, there's your answer!

Reaction score
Ajr said:
Get it up on a ramp, stand underneath, grab the column just above where it goes into the steering rack and yank it about, if there is movement & the noise, there's your answer!
Thats what the plan is now i think otherwise i just call it one of them many quirks!

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm erring on the side of further quirks for the knock that you feel through the floor - especially after I found that it was the same in another car which is v v low mileage. However, if you find anything, I'll be keen to hear about it!

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
To be honest, I'm erring on the side of further quirks for the knock that you feel through the floor - especially after I found that it was the same in another car which is v v low mileage. However, if you find anything, I'll be keen to hear about it!
Hmmm intresting as the T is only on 20k but I'm sure i cant recall the noise before!

Reaction score
Well I thought that too, but then would you be looking for something like that ordinarily? I'm sure that few of us would sit in the car and put pressure on the steering wheel whilst stationary and that's the only time that you can detect this..

The other T that I performed the test in is a sub 11k uber low mileage example!

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
Well I thought that too, but then would you be looking for something like that ordinarily? I'm sure that few of us would sit in the car and put pressure on the steering wheel whilst stationary and that's the only time that you can detect this..

The other T that I performed the test in is a sub 11k uber low mileage example!
So this one had the same noise?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My 30k T has the same noise, sounds like the coloum. Mk1's had the same issue. But I will check ball joints firts like you have said.

Reaction score
**Another Update**

Seems the diagnosis now is that the subframe bolts need re-torqing once thios is done i will then up date you with my results to see if this has finally solved the problem!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Was there an update on this?

Mine has 'issues' which i think are related but a reliable mechanic has checked it over and no movements, etc.

Many Thanks