Reaction score
Update: Today Insurers phoned with new offer after “research” - £4750. I said that is still unacceptable.

I said you could only get high mileage ones for that money. They said they had an advert for 36k mileage (“just like yours”) at £4490. I said send it to me.

A screen grab png of the advert did arrive. The advert is entitled “Renault Clio 2.0 16V Renaultsp” and it has a picture of a BLACK Clio.

They said they would not be increasing their offer and claim will be passed on to senior partners for evaluation.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mugs

You can get a circa 60k miler for £4750 if you're prepared to wait. It would be private sale though, dealer would be £5,500 to £6,000

Reaction score
I’ve spent a good deal of time this week, time I could have spent more creatively, assembling an organised collection of articles and adverts. I haven’t dumped a big collection on them so far. Don’t know if that’s right strategy. They are displaying an inability to even understand what the car is.

Mrbroons: I’ve not sent them your advert yet (many thanks). What I have done is told them I’m in contact with two people who have recently purchased Trophy around 7k.

It’s so sad that this affair can be viewed as “getting them on the ropes”. I really don’t want to “exploit” my insurance. I just want them to understand the loss and recompense me accordingly.

Reaction score
what insurance company are you with? i only had to send 3 examples of adverts of cars in a similar condition and mileage, and it was all sorted

Reaction score
Mikeyjp, was that for a Trophy or some other, less exclusive car? I’m with Acromas through Saga (yes, I’m an old git). I can’t help feeling that the course of my claim has gone wrong from the start because they have failed to understand what the car is. If they can’t understand what the car is then of course they will be unable to assess the significance of its mileage and condition.

When I spoke to them today, they said they had to take an average for similar vehicles, but if they are mixing “ordinary” Clios in with Trophys, as seems to be the case, then their average comes out too low.

Reaction score
yeah it was my Trophy, and it sounds like the work they same way, i dont understand how "they" are mixing in ordinary clios, if you have only sent them adverts of Trophys, must be a right a bunch of retards

Reaction score
We all know that Glass’s Guide is no guide to Trophy values, even though they do have a section entitled “Renault Clio 2.0 16v Renaultsport 182 Trophy”.

But, just a thought, what data if any does Glass’s Guide have access to that we do not? Anything over and above the adverts and forum postings we have access to?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Keith i would like to point this out.

I done a HPi check on my Trophy back on 24/07/2012 as there was a discrepancy logged with NMR & DVLA stating that my car had done 79,000 miles in under a year and yet it was only showing 54,000 on the clock.
Once i collected all the information from all the garages that carried out MOT's, Servicing & Renault for warranty work NMR & DVLA changed the milage to the correct miles as it was an error on there part.

Looking through old documents i noticed this that was listed on the HPi check.

359w8hx.png

So back in 2012 with 54,000 on my clock my trophy was valued at £4,000
We are now 3 years on with the car being more sought and yet i still have under 60,000 on my clock.

Reaction score
That is very interesting MarcR and makes a mockery of the offers my insurers have made to date. Thank you for that.

I’m about to send insurers some data analysis with a covering letter pleading for a fresh start in a cooperative and transparent spirit. Don’t know whether that is best approach but I am fed up with them repeatedly making an offer a little higher than the last and then when I turn it down the claim ratchets up to the next level. I am now, officially a complainant. It should never have got to this situation and it is because they started from a position of not understanding the vehicle model and their incompetence (I hope its that and not disingenuousness).

You all might be interested in this chart.
Chart.jpg