Reaction score
Who were you insured with and did you have an agreed value policy in place?

I share your fear...

Reaction score
I spoke to the insurers (Acromas Insurance Company Ltd) and apparently the value is somewhat open to negotiation: settlement people make a claim and I ether accept or give evidence that higher price is warranted.

Reaction score
hi, you need to make sure they are giving a value for a trophy, my insurance company was quoting normal 182 prices, when i crashed mine and i had to send them 3 adverts of Trophys with similar mileage and condtion

Reaction score
Yes, I’m expecting them to “try on” a quote for normal 182. Thanks for the advice.

From what few adverts I can find, the prices seem to be between £4000 and £5500, and many of these are high mileage (top end of 100k). Mine's only 34k.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I have to admit that with being with Greenlight insurance is a gods send as i have an agree'd value of £6K
Stolen, Written off or burnt out i get my £6k with pi$$ing about and fighting with insurance companies / polices

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your ordeal. I'm going to be investing in one of these next year and given the mileage current retail would be between £6500 and £8000 from what I have seen and assuming it was otherwise minty.

Reaction score
I’ve not seen prices like £6500 to £8000, but like I said before, the adverts I’ve seen are for high mileage example. Please, please, if anyone has any evidence (links etc) for these prices please pass them on. I would be very grateful.

Glass’s online evaluation gives:

Trade in: £1085 to £1645
Private: £2100 to £2560
Dealer: £2960 to £3610

What the heck is going on there?

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear about the news! Not many about for sale at those miles so would look for around 7k at least.

Reaction score
Police updated me today. There is nothing from their number plate system. They are awaiting fingerprint results from some articles but pending that (extremely slim chance) will be recommending closing the case. I really wish the car would be found but know it would need a miracle. That’s why I’m not relishing the fight I’m expecting with the Recovery/Settlement people. I want the car, not the money.

Many thanks for the links and pieces of advice – much appreciated.

Reaction score
I think you're probably in for a battle. Of course you'll value the car much more than they will. Their first offer will be low, reject it and negotiate. It's probably worth drawing up a comprehensive list of reasons why you think your car is worth so much, and maybe hold some back to add weight to each time you reject an offer, rather than laying them all on the table at the outset.

Whatever happens it's not going to be quick or easy, and you'll be punished on future premiums too, which seems so very unfair as you're an innocent victim of crime.

Fingers crossed you reach a satisfactory agreement swiftly. Best of luck

Reaction score
Trophy No.
All Vehicles seem to sell a lot of them - may be worth dropping Steve a line about the value - he may be able to back you up! sales@allvehicles.co.uk - you may well end up buying another one from him anyway. Best of luck with it.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the loss of your T, especially since you have had it from new.

Do fight hard to get an acceptable settlement.

All the best.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This has to be worth £6k+ with little argument from the insurance company considering 1 owner and low miles. I would hold out until they pay a reasonable figure.