Reaction score
Hello Trophy owners

My Clio Trophy, which I’ve had from new, was stolen this week. It was parked on the road just outside the house. During the night thieves broke into house front door and stole the keys. In the morning the car was gone.

Stolen from Nimrod Road, London SW16. Reg is LV55 EJJ and issue number 459. It was immaculate and I’m utterly devastated.

I know there is little hope of recovery but if anyone does by chance hear or see anything please alert me or the Tooting Police.

Thank you
Keith

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear this Keith, I hope this turns out as best it can for you

Reaction score
Sad news I hope karma deals with these crooks , we will all keep an eye and ear out

Reaction score
Posted in Germany and Austria as well!!
will keep my eyes open on parts and the car.

I Hope we will bring up the car!

Reaction score
I must say you guys are great. There’s no way I will recover car but just maybe there is some hope of getting a handle on what has happened to it. The feeling of being completely powerless to do anything about it is terrible.

I doubt the car was targeted as such. Mine wasn’t the only house in neighbourhood broken into that night, according to police. I reckon low-life broke into my house looking for anything and nothing in particular, found the keys, went outside and clicked key fob, car obediently beeped and unlocked, they jumped in and drove off ignorant of what they had stolen.

Reaction score
So sorry to hear about you lose. I know the feelin when bikes where stolen but Keep a eye out for parts on ebay and the like i got a lot of stuff back that way and lowlifes went to do time

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
A few people on the cliosport forum have shared this info to the following sites -

Its currently on -

Renault UK
Renault Cars & Parts for sale
Clio Sport Owners Club (& instagram)
Slamber Town
Club Clio

Reaction score
None, zilch. The police have kept me updated but just really to prepare me for there being no good outcome.

I see over on cliosport.net they have got into a discussion about not leaving the keys where they can be picked up. Heck, we can all be wise after the event. And we can all beat ourselves up after the event, as I have and continue to do. The keys were downstairs in the lounge – its not as though they were on a hall table just inside door. If it hadn’t been the keys, it would have been my laptop or it would have been my custom made hi-fi - perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

Thanks for the continuing interest.

Reaction score
How long d'you have to wait before you can claim on your insurance?

Thought about the keys aspect. I'd rather they take the car and feck'd off.

Hope this resolves as best it can for you

Reaction score
I’m not sure how long the insurance rigmarole takes. The relevant documents have been sent and received and I was expecting someone to ring to explain the process but so far they haven’t.

I think you a right about the keys. Of course, one of the emotions after such an event is extreme anger and imagining what you would have done to them if you’d caught them in the act. In reality its more likely you’d be the one ending up in hospital.

Reaction score
Just found out that the insurers allow two weeks for the vehicle to possibly be recovered. Since that time has passed, the claim will now be passed to the Loss and Settlement people.

Has anyone any handle onto what settlement I should accept. The car was in excellent condition, had been garaged for a lot of the time, and had a major service last year, which included timing belt change. Its mileage was 34 000 miles.

I have an awful fear of the settlement people making a derisory offer.