Reaction score
Looking at a Trophy that’s currently on 80k miles. Sachs refurbed in 2013 at 60k. Are they likely going to be in need of another refurb now. Is it based on mileage or age generally? Thanks.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Looking at a Trophy that’s currently on 80k miles. Sachs refurbed in 2013 at 60k. Are they likely going to be in need of another refurb now. Is it based on mileage or age generally? Thanks.

Where is the car if you don't mine me asking? I always thought it was 2 years or 36k miles but don't quote me on that.

I think a visual inspection can sometimes give it away too but does vary.

Reaction score
Where is the car if you don't mine me asking? I always thought it was 2 years or 36k miles but don't quote me on that.

I think a visual inspection can sometimes give it away too but does vary.

2 years ???? FFS don’t start that rumour

Reaction score
It’s number 386. Currently in Dawlish, Devon but not been with current owner for long at all. On EBay.

Reaction score
If it was me I’d base it purely on their condition/performance and would ignore age and mileage. If they still work, great! If they don’t, get them done. Keep it simple ?

Reaction score
What are the tell tail signs that they need doing. Is it obvious if driving the car?

Reaction score
I don't think it was a rumour, lol. It also affects the seals if the car has lived by the sea!

I can’t imagine many owners dumping £1200 into their shocks every other year. That sort of liability with the cars would make them near worthless

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I can’t imagine many owners dumping £1200 into their shocks every other year. That sort of liability with the cars would make them near worthless

Is that for a service with the pistons replaced?

There are far more competitive places, approximately £250 + VAT for a service of both shocks is what I would expect.

Admittedly my service prices at BG years ago were much steeper than this but I did have one piston replaced which pushed it over the £500 mark (my fault as left them too long)

Reaction score
Is that for a service with the pistons replaced?

There are far more competitive places, approximately £250 + VAT for a service of both shocks is what I would expect.

Admittedly my service prices at BG years ago were much steeper than this but I did have one piston replaced which pushed it over the £500 mark (my fault as left them too long)

as far as I’m aware the starting price is £500 and that’s just replacing the oil and seals.......and goes skyward from there

Reaction score
Trophy No.
as far as I’m aware the starting price is £500 and that’s just replacing the oil and seals.......and goes skyward from there

I've never used cornering force and aware that there are a couple of other options but I paid £144 Inc vat each and the service received was the best yet ?

Reaction score
mine were last done at cornering force 4 years ago £980 as I recall but quite a bit of work done on them

Reaction score
Mine were recently done at Cornering Force for £490.80 - that's for a powder coat and rebuilt. If no powder coat then it was around £300 for the rebuild which I think is pretty damn good.

Reaction score
I have a second-hand set of front Sachs that came from RENBreakers and with the grime cleaned off they look to be in excellent condition, with everything I can see in perfect condition. The shafts seem flawless and uniformly exactly the same diam when checked with a mic. These have a “prepared by BG Motorsport” sticker so refurbed by them. I contacted BG to see what they could tell me and they only track the work they have done by owners name. Renbreakers could tell me that they came off LM05 UDU or maybe original T22PHY or maybe #045 or #095. Can anyone suggest the names of the owners of the above or which ones it is not. I have messaged the forum alias of a previous owner of T22PHY, but no response as I think he was selling it and maybe gone from the forum. So can anyone suggest the name of the owner over the last few years? Please message me with any suggestions as keen to know the history of these. They seem to have been done not many miles ago and does the blobs of yellow paint mean anything? Thanks Paul.

Attachments

• 20210625_165959.jpg
    20210625_165959.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 52
Reaction score
I have just purchased a refurbished set, the receipt I have with them is for a bill of £654 for work carried out at cornering force..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine have sat about for almost 2 years, need to get the finger out and will be sending them to cornering force again.

Other than the wiper seal mod, is there anything else of note to be aware of that may have changed in the last 2 years?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine have sat about for almost 2 years, need to get the finger out and will be sending them to cornering force again.

Other than the wiper seal mod, is there anything else of note to be aware of that may have changed in the last 2 years?

I sent mine off to Cooksport in Bath who turned around very quickly and offered a powdercoat service, very competitive price too.