Reaction score
Thinking about getting my dampers looked over by Cornering Force.

Just debating whether or not to get a set of cup shocks to run round on while they are getting done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just debating whether or not to get a set of cup shocks to run round on while they are getting done.
Definitely mate, they aren't expensive and it's easy enough to switch as and when needed. Some folks take their Sachs off through the winter for example (and run the Cup shocks).

IRK

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Very soon going to be Sachs service time. I think it’s over a year since I took them off and replaced with cup dampers, so ready to get it back up to spec.

@Rik Perry is this something you’re still taking on?

Jason_511

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Rik, hope you’re well. New to the forum having recently purchased #353. Just wondered what you are looking like with regard to Damper refurbs, I see you previously had a bit of a waiting list. cheers Jason

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone know the size of the o-ring between the red button and the cartridge? Mine are down..
I'm looking for the air pressure too?
Thanks !

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just had my MOT today and they noticed one of the front dampers was possibly starting to leak :(. Fortunately it passed so I have a bit of breathing space to get it all done. I assume I might as well get them both done at the same time. The car has just hit 90k.

If I buy some interim cup shocks will these fit with the Trophy Eibach yellow springs?

Is @Rik Perry still available to do them does anyone know?

One of the rear shocks is also possibly starting to go. It looks like these can't be refurbished and am I right in thinking there's no stock of replacement ones right now? What is my best option?

Oh also, for those of you sending these in the post, how much are you insuring them for and who are you sending them with?

Cheers !

Reaction score
Definitely best getting both done, rears are no longer available so standard cup rear dampers or koni seem to be the normal choice. Rik is still doing them but I would check with him on how long turn around might be.

Reaction score
No idea about yellow springs fitting cup damper as I used a full cup set up.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just had my MOT today and they noticed one of the front dampers was possibly starting to leak :(. Fortunately it passed so I have a bit of breathing space to get it all done. I assume I might as well get them both done at the same time. The car has just hit 90k.

If I buy some interim cup shocks will these fit with the Trophy Eibach yellow springs?

One of the rear shocks is also possibly starting to go. It looks like these can't be refurbished and am I right in thinking there's no stock of replacement ones right now? What is my best option?

Oh also, for those of you sending these in the post, how much are you insuring them for and who are you sending them with?

Cheers !

I bought a set of cup shocks from Renault parts direct think they were about £60. Swapped them over no problem.

Still not got round to refreshing the Sachs though. Been sat in my garage for 6 months [emoji23]

I really must book them in.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Cheers !

yellow springs fits but it’ll not me perfect.
For the rear you can take Twingo mk2 cup dampers. It’s the same spec as the Clio Trophy

Reaction score
Definitely best getting both done, rears are no longer available so standard cup rear dampers or koni seem to be the normal choice. Rik is still doing them but I would check with him on how long turn around might be.

It's such a shame that parts are so hard to come by for this car. Really makes me think about getting rid as I'm sure it's only going to get more difficult and stressful :(. I had to replace the front springs a couple of years ago and I think Renault only had four in stock worldwide at the time so I got very lucky there.

It's definitely a relief the cup dampers fit though given turnaround times.

Am I right in thinking these are the ones you're on about? It's always worth double checking with this car!

Cup - 8200681125 (https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...mpers-182-renaultsport-60mm-bolt-spacing.html)
Koni - 8010-1048SPORT (https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...nault-clio-mk2-koni-yellow-dampers-rs172.html)

Do you know of my existing OEM springs will fit as well?

I bought a set of cup shocks from Renault parts direct think they were about £60. Swapped them over no problem.

Still not got round to refreshing the Sachs though. Been sat in my garage for 6 months [emoji23]

I really must book them in.

That would be 8200681109 e.g., https://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.u...lt-clio-182-front-shock-absorber-cup-version/ right? That's pretty good value.

Did you use your original springs too out of interest?

There's nothing more motivating than having a week to source an fit a part for an MOT failure! I feel I might end up doing the same once I get the replacement ones on.

yellow springs fits but it’ll not me perfect.

For the rear you can take Twingo mk2 cup dampers. It’s the same spec as the Clio Trophy

Any chance you could elaborate on not perfect? It looks like cup springs aren't available anymore either so I'd have to go aftermarket e.g., H&R / Grams / Cooksport / Eibach Proline and they seem to sell in sets of four springs not two.

As long as it's not going to damage the springs, make the car dangerous or handle terribly or make it sit a foot higher than it currently does then I guess it would make sense to use what I have. I don't drive on the track or like an idiot.

I hadn't heard about the Twingo ones before. Any chance you can send a part number so I can make sure I have the right one?

Thanks

Reaction score
Yes they are the ones I’ve got. Using them with standard springs. [emoji1303]

Reaction score
It's such a shame that parts are so hard to come by for this car. Really makes me think about getting rid as I'm sure it's only going to get more difficult and stressful :(. I had to replace the front springs a couple of years ago and I think Renault only had four in stock worldwide at the time so I got very lucky there.

It's definitely a relief the cup dampers fit though given turnaround times.

Am I right in thinking these are the ones you're on about? It's always worth double checking with this car!

Cup - 8200681125 (https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...mpers-182-renaultsport-60mm-bolt-spacing.html)
Koni - 8010-1048SPORT (https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...nault-clio-mk2-koni-yellow-dampers-rs172.html)

Do you know of my existing OEM springs will fit as well?

That would be 8200681109 e.g., https://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.u...lt-clio-182-front-shock-absorber-cup-version/ right? That's pretty good value.

Did you use your original springs too out of interest?

There's nothing more motivating than having a week to source an fit a part for an MOT failure! I feel I might end up doing the same once I get the replacement ones on.

Any chance you could elaborate on not perfect? It looks like cup springs aren't available anymore either so I'd have to go aftermarket e.g., H&R / Grams / Cooksport / Eibach Proline and they seem to sell in sets of four springs not two.

As long as it's not going to damage the springs, make the car dangerous or handle terribly or make it sit a foot higher than it currently does then I guess it would make sense to use what I have. I don't drive on the track or like an idiot.

I hadn't heard about the Twingo ones before. Any chance you can send a part number so I can make sure I have the right one?

Thanks
562108671R

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If you struggle, the easy set up is to get the oem front dampers refurbished, rear dampers go for Koni adjustable and springs all round from mark fish motorsport. It will lower the car slightly but it's the closest match to damper rates out there.