Reaction score
Did find a description of the loaction on cliosport, but was never 100% sure i was looking in the right place. Best evidence i got before it broke completely was filming it on my mobile. Took a short vid of it moving all over the place.

Spanner Monkey.
" Well we have checked the car over sir and im afraid to say we can't find a problem"

You.
Really Renault Gimp. Well have a look at this. . . . . . . . . . Cue Video.

Reaction score
wigstar1 said:
Spanner Monkey.
" Well we have checked the car over sir and im afraid to say we can't find a problem"

You.
Really Renault Gimp. Well have a look at this. . . . . . . . . . Cue Video.

Classic - nice one!!!

Lee

Reaction score
Mine is in for the 5th time today for this.

Twice it's been in and they have failed to find anything, on the occasion it did do it for them they changed the sensor. That had no effect at all.

Yesterday they had the car all day, only to call me at 4.45 to tell me they had managed to get it to happen (it does it all the time now) but only after a good test drive as it wouldn't happen in the workshop. They then added that the CLIP showed nothing, and the fix I told them about was already applied to my car as it was on all cars from May 2005 onwards.

So......today I've had to take the car in again and they are fitting a new sensor, something they could have done yesterday had they not left it till late afternoon before they even bothered to look at my car.

Funnily enough they did carry out the oil and filter change, the one thing I'm paying for.

Fingers crossed it's done today. Still not had a call, and they've had it all day once again.

Reaction score
Not good to hear. Im not sure exactly what they did do to mine as i never got any paperwork!!! I haven't had any problems since but i know from posts on other forums that this problem is fantastic at showing it's ugly mug again and again and again!

So for now all i can do is keep my fingers crossed and pray it's gone for good. [-o<

Hope they do sort it out properly for you this time mate.

Reaction score
Really sounds like an issue :(

Fortunately I don't have this. Just good to give perspective of those who don't have the problem as well as those that do incase it puts people off!!

Damn electronics... ;)

Cheers
O.

Lee

Reaction score
Just had the call, it's all done.

As the fix had already been applied at the factory they went through it again with new components, so it's had a new cable, block connector (which they think was the problem) and a new sensor.

They are just giving it a wash, so I'll go get it at 5.30.

Reaction score
You dont seriously let them loose at the dealership washing you little Red Pride & Joy do you??? :-s

Lee

Reaction score
They did it without asking, and at the moment I'm beyond caring.

They managed to ring the paint on my Arctic 182, so I'm hoping the amount of wax on it is protecting it.

Lee

Reaction score
All done and no problems on the way home either.

Looks like they gave it a proper valet as it was clean inside too, very nice. Doesn't look like the usual kid with a grit filled sponge did the outside either.

I'm happy. :D

G

Yes its the sensor mine did the same at 2500 miles which in turn part of the wiring harness had to be replaced to put it right