Reaction score
:evil:

For those of you not up to speed, my coolant temperature needle turned into a disco on My drive round the M25 on Sunday. Would just go all over the place. . . . . Didnt think too much of it, but maybe i should have!!!

Was cruising at 30 in 3rd gear today, put my foot on the clutch, revs stayed well over 2000rpm??? Engaged the cluth with it now in 2nd, put my foot on the acellerator, lost all power. Car starter to Kangaroo!

Highly Embarrasing. :oops:

So i carried on home, filled up with Petrol just in case the Petrol needle was giving a false reading, all seemed well. Pulled up to some traffic light, car cuts out! Try and start it again, can hear it winding but it wont fire up.

Got it started again! Now the coolant light has come on! Quality. Stopped the car outside my house, locked up, then notice the fan was going! Never heard this before after i've shut it off!

Anyway. . . . Renault Assistance have been called, and 'The Man Who Can' is on his way. I'll keep you posted but lets just say im not happy!

hyb

Reaction score
Dodgy temp sensor ? :/ what a bummer, not what you want from a new car, im worried about picking mine up friday now ;(

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Oh dear :x

The dodgy temperature readings cause the fuelling and stuff to go all over the place. I know another trophy owner had exactly the same problem.

Reaction score
Oh dear. Hope you get it sorted soon. Let us know.... I hope this doesn't happen systematically to any car with a dodgy temp guage !!!

Reaction score
AA were too busy to come out so they farmed the job ou to the local 'Spanner Monkey'

So he turns up, scratches his head ans says " I dont really wanna touch it mate in case i void your warranty, best to get it back to the dealer "

Right but it wont start so how am i going to do that???

" Have to ring the AA again mate "

Are they taking the Piss or what??? Cant see my Boss being too happy abou this in the morning.

Reaction score
Gutted for ya mate, your boss is just going to have to accept it, it isn't your fault after all. Good luck getting it sorted, keep us posted on what Renault report.

Reaction score
Nik said:
Oh dear :x

The dodgy temperature readings cause the fuelling and stuff to go all over the place. I know another trophy owner had exactly the same problem.

That was Lee. It had all sorts of crap with this...

Reaction score
Morning has broken. . . . . .

AA are on their way to pick me up. Tow me back to Wests in Cambridge. And i was told they'd look at it straight away! I looked up this problem on Cliosport and it seems quite common. Quite a few people have had it and it appears to cause a number of different problems. Lets just hope it gets sorted quickly and easily, and it's sorted well enough that it never comes back! I'll keep the updates comin, but my advice for now is. . . .

If your water temperaturs guage starts to play up, and moves all over the place, driver to your dealer ASAP and dont keep on drivin it waitin for something worse to happen!

Reaction score
Well they sent a guy in an AA truck to come pick me up and then the fun started! And all Trophy owners should make a note of this for future reference!

Trophy's do not load onto Drop Frame AA Pick Ups! They are too low.
The bloke looked at it at went, "Have you had that lowered, cos if i put that on there and lift it, it's gonna rip you splitter and bend the bumper before it does anything else! "

Hmmmmm

" Gonna need to book you a Flatbed Truck "

So an hour and a half later it turns up! Picks me up no probs, back to the dealer, hire car sorted through the AA for 24 hours ( A Boggo Clio ) and the car was in for repair, where it still is now, and where it will be staying overnight at least. . . .

Attachments

• DSC00285-2.jpg
    DSC00285-2.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 1,292
Reaction score
Trophy No.
at least it is gonna be sorted mate. then you can get it back and enjoy it.

another thing, at least the aa guy had the sense to realise about the spoiler and no damage was incurred!

good luck fella, hope all goes well

Reaction score
Any news, wigstar ?

I went to the local dealer today, after having the same temperature needle problem about two weeks ago, then doing about 800 miles since without any trouble.

Dealer hooked it up to the diagnostic stuff and spent 5 minutes or so checking various bits, declaring it fine at the end.

He could only reassure me that no damage had been done and if it happened again, the car is under warranty.

I suppose it's a relief that nothing was found, but this line about "Don't worry, it's covered" is a bit tiresome, why not make a car that doesn't need attention in the first place? :shock:

Lee

Reaction score
Mine has done this since day one. I've had the sensor replaced once, but within a couple of weeks it started doing it again. I'm still awaiting the day it has a ride on a flat bed due to it.

The biggest problem I've had is that it never does it when I take it into the dealers. So they won't do anything.

Reaction score
Wigstar, any update on what's happened to your car ? Sorry if I've missed the news in another thread...

Reaction score
Sorry. Never got round to finishing the post off. . .

Well they kept it in overnight. Got a call at 10am the next morning to say it was all sorted.

Drove back over to pick it up and was greeted by the mechanic who talked me through what he had done ( replace the sensor + wiring clips ) and he was the same guy i dealt with last time. He does seem to really know his stuff which is good. Left the hire car with them so that was all sorted too. Fairly straightforward and all on Renault through warranty.

Also the car had only covered an extra 0.6 miles since i left it with the so no test pilots, and they didnt wash it as i had specifically asked them not too!

So alls well that ends well. I just know now that if the sensor goes again, get to a Garage ASAP dont keep driving it. And if i do have to call out for a recovery, make sure they send a Flatbed truck!

Reaction score
oooo trophy on a tow truck. That is a heart breaking picture. I've taken off my hat with respect.

Good to hear its all fixed/

Reaction score
That photo is a real nasty one :cry:

I hope i dont see that type of thing happen again.

All the best Wigstar1, hope its back to the best now!

Reaction score
Gutted! :(

Knew it wouldn't be long before we had another fallen soldier. At least we have a plan of attack now after it happened to me.

Get it sorted now mate! Dont hang about with it. Kick up a fuss, get Renault Assistance out to pick you up ( Flatbed of course ) :wink: . the AA will sort you a courtesy car, and if Renault are up to scratch it should be sorted within 24 hours!

Reaction score
Its weird. I drove to work this morning at the temp gauge was having a little dance about. Drove home tonight and nothing. I know i'll take it to renooo and nohting will happen. Where abouts its the sensor, i'll have a look see at it, see if anything come off or loose.