How would you rate customer service/experience at your local dealer/franchise?

• Total voters

Day

Reaction score
Interested to find out how members rate the customer service/experience provided by your local Renault Dealer/Franchise?

If Renault UK want to use the data please feel free ;)

Reaction score
I've had 353 into Harratts of Pontefract for 2 minor faults (no charge) and a service in the last 6 months (£170) and it all went swimmingly. :D

Even got calls a week after to check everything was working OK. :eek: :shock:

Can't fault them.

Reaction score
DAY do you really want me to air my opions here. I'm not sure the swear filter will cope and I dont fancy having Nik shoot me for mucking up the Forum :lol:

Oh sod it. Everytime I haev been into the dealers I have had nothing but problems, the day I picked the Trophy up I told them that they would be having it back to sort the Recaro which was scratched, one of the Speedline which had a scratch across the edge, the door sill which they had try to touch up but had only put the base coat on, the boot which had paint missing from it, the gear knob which was alreay loossing it logo, and the fact that the car was not prepped at all.

It took them over 2 months to get the car how I wanted it, and not once did I get an apoligie.

LOOKERS CHELMSFORD/COLCHESTER DO NOT TOUCH WITH YOUR ENIMIES POLE.

There I feel much better and no swearing :lol:

Day

Reaction score
Sorry Steve.

Maybe I should of locked the topic!

Glad you got it out of your system, It's only taken me 2 years to get over the effects of Olympian Renault RIP (not)

Reaction score
Evans Halshaw in Middlesbrough took 3 months to sort me out a front splitter.

Doesnt entirely fill me with confidence, especially if something "technical" needs doing in future.

Reaction score
I ve got prob with door alignment and Benfield have been useless. Reg Vardy would not even llok at car till I paid them 27.50? Even though car is under warranty.

Reaction score
My Local is Edinburgh West, I've just got them to change my tyre's... Done a good job, apart from the fact that the 25 point check list showed my spare wheel had 7 mil tread and 2.4 bar.

Nutters

Reaction score
Heres a funny one.

Them "Hello reg vardy sunderland"

Me"Morning would it be possible to book my clio 182 Trophy in for it's first service please"

Them"yes that shouldn't be a problem wot model did you say?"

Me"CLIO 182 TROPHY"

Them" Is that the petrol or diesel model?"

Me "Click" as i hung up!

Anyone else heard of that rare diesel Trophy?

Steve

Reaction score
Interesting thread!

Mario Kart has visited at least three dealers in the Newcastle area:

Big Newcastle Benfield: The dealer where I purchased the car from was excellent when it came to ordering and prepping the car – everything was perfect (as it should be for a new car) and the whole experience was fine. First service came along and I had asked them to sort a few issues out (front splitter clip was hanging and needed a new screw, tracking check etc) and when I picked the car up none of the work had been carried out – instead the chap at the desk started to tell me that the front splitter was broken and that the tracking needed checking! Maybe a mix up on there part but disappointing all the same! They also knew bugger all about taking care of the dampers or prices for fixing them and the car was not washed either. Disappointing.

Hexham Renault: The next dealer to look at the car was for the mud problem and they were fantastic – really friendly mechanic and desk staff who went out of there way to help – fixing the front splitter in less than a minute and for free! The mechanic was clued up about the Trophy which is a positive imo so I can’t fault them. I still think that the mud problem may have been the dampers starting to fail at the back of the car but apparently there is not always any way of knowing – especially when they are covered in mud!

Gateshead Benfield: The other dealer is a large one in Gateshead, they are very close to where I work and so when the dampers failed, that’s where I took the car. Unfortunately the wrong dampers were sent to the dealer overnight so Mario Kart spent an extra day there but the service was excellent and again, the mechanics were really positive about the car and knew what they were talking about. The staff were also very friendly and I’ve had follow up letters asking if everything its still going ok.

So one bad egg and two good ones – car is going for its second service in the next week so I’ll update when it’s done.

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
I ve got prob with door alignment and Benfield have been useless. Reg Vardy would not even llok at car till I paid them 27.50? Even though car is under warranty.

Which Benfield was it mate? Gateshead have been good to me so far but the one I got the car from were rubbish tbh.

Reaction score
Must agree with Bunta that Benfield Gateshead are spot on.

They changed my rear damper when it had the mis aligned dust cover that had scraped through the paint.

Steve

Reaction score
Felling bypass Gateshead, people on front desk spot on but technician was a real arse about door rubbing on body work and the fact that passenger seat is getting loose and rattling more every day. Plus I wasn't too impressed when they brought car back round and it was covered in bird shit.

Reaction score
I found Martin's Renault in Winchester appauling, I paid for a 24k service and asked them to look at a creaking noise coming from the front steering, and i recieved a service which made my air con smell for 3 weeks, 1 scratched alloy! and to be told the creaking was normal.

Since then i have taken the car to Southampton renault and they have sorted the problems with the creaking under warranty.

Still awaiting Renault customer services to repair my alloy wheel!! (im extremely doubtful this will happen!!!)

Reaction score
I don't think i can even bring myself to vote in this one. I am boiling over with rage as we speak. My car has been in the dealers for 5 MONTHS now. Waiting on a wiring loom from france. Very Very fed up indeed. Been to the press. Sunday Post Raw deal are now following my story. Renault UK probably still won't care.

GGGRRRRRRRR. :evil: :evil: :evil:

much angry noises and sweary words and some degree of violence.

Reaction score
Renault UK & Sutton Park Renault

How long does it take for Renault to build a car?????
I've ordered a Megane 230 R26 (back in April), & unfortunatly had to sell my Trophy.
I requested a 1st September collection date, as one would with a brand new car.....
S**t, Trophy sold within a week...... Now carless.....
My delivery date (as mentioned by Renault UK) END SEPTEMBER!!!! Shocking....
No explanation, perhaps they've run out of yellow paint.
They have mentioned if it runs into October I can have a free service YIPPEE!!, How tight are Renault UK???
It's just like trying to argue over any warrantee items, one answer most of you must of heard, NO!

Reaction score
I use West Sussex Motors Renault in Goring, Worthing.

OK, I know them mostly there as I was Sls Mgr for 7 yrs in the 90's but I would say they are all fair people who would be the same with anyone.

Reception great, Top techs Scott and Dom are great, parts all good guys. My cars are always washed and they even do me a deal on the price (because I'm tight LOL) I can also get feedback on warranty probs and best remedies.

If you live within sensible distance I'd use them.

Otherwise, if the prices are a bit rich, for general stuff, RenTech in Portsmouth always get a good write up, but also the guys at EMS in Littlehampton (very clued up tech wise) and Charnocks in Littlehampton (good old school proper servicing and in Good Garage Scheme) will do everything really well.

#168 - Your car obviously missed the factory shut down. I suspect you put an order in when they didn't have an allocation, so they had to order some time after you signed up. then for one reason or another it didn't meet the August French holiday deadline end of July. Last year I ordered a new 225 in August and it was delivered 01/07 (we waited the last three weeks of Dec to get the 2007 reg'n.

Nobody likes telling customers their cars are delayed, but i find if you have a chat and an explanation it's best way.

Reaction score
i dont think they know what they are doing at my local dealer. They wouldnt fix my rear dampers after 10000 miles but they fixed my gearbox after 33000, where they get that logic from i dont know.