Trophy No.
t_chilicayenne.jpg

Looks like a good match. Perfect colour for a 'HOT' hatch :p

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
King Stromba said:
At least im honest. Istead of pretending to like people to sell them cars.

I'm not having that, i've warned you about making acussations about things like this before.

Reaction score
Hmm, don't like the graphics, but otherwise the cupped/trophy'd meggy isn't too bad. Still prefer my little Ruby, as the 225 handling is a little dull. On the upside, you can get a bunch of wine in the back of the Meggy on a booze run. Getting the Recaros is in a good idea, as is the MP3 compatible stereo: little added weight for quite a benefit. Wonder if the unit can be retro fitted into the Trophy?

I feel a thread coming on...

Reaction score
I really like the 225.

The Trophy edition is one of the best cars I have driven around a track (out of the box)

I presume that the F1 version is available with the options Jeremy?

/y0z

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah the F1 version is based on the Megane Cup so has the suspension and brake mods of the Trophy edition.

I agree, i was very impressed with teh Meggy Trophy driving it around Brands. It was such a different experience after stepping out of the Clio, very smooth quiet and comfortable, but they are rapid and handling was superb. Excellent brakes too.

The only downside to the drive was having the instructor screaming 'Go on! Full Power!' to me every lap through clearways when my foot was indeed planted to the floor, but the ESP light was flashing away! :p

Reaction score
Ask ArronC how quick the Megane 225 Trophy and the Clio Trophy were, as I was annoying him around Brands. I'd let him past and then weld myself to his bumper :)

/y0z

Reaction score
There's no options available on the F1. On the 225 when it has the Cup suspension (as on the F1) you can turn the ESP completely off

Reaction score
I think when it was designed the guy started at the front, and when he got to the rear wheels he took some acid.

Reaction score
WOW That looks great!
Cant tell a difference in the front end tho???!
I had a meggy the other day while the cup was at reno. I was really impressed.
On a side note ,Before the cup i had no interest in french cars at all. I thought they where all badly made euro tin boxes but reno just get better and better! I hope they keep pushing the technology forward.
:shock:

Reaction score
meggy F1 is nice but id have a clio (172 cup/trophy) anyday!!! it doesnt look as nice, its to bulky(like the new clio)!!

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Renault car sales went down last year despite winning the F1 championship. I rest my case.

You're having a laugh right? People who like cars and are enthusiastic enough to know all sorts of performance stats about this, that and the other have marginal interest in F1. The average car buyer looking for something to carry the groceries and kids around won't care in the least and isn't gonna buy or not buy an Espace because of some racing results.
'I rest my case?' I don't think you'll drum up any barrister work with an example like that :lol:

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
King Stromba said:
Renault car sales went down last year despite winning the F1 championship. I rest my case.

You're having a laugh right? People who like cars and are enthusiastic enough to know all sorts of performance stats about this, that and the other have marginal interest in F1. The average car buyer looking for something to carry the groceries and kids around won't care in the least and isn't gonna buy or not buy an Espace because of some racing results.
'I rest my case?' I don't think you'll drum up any barrister work with an example like that :lol:

Im sorry but all the manufacturers are in business for one reason only, TO MAKE MONEY. They enter F1 as a way of showcasing thier technology in order to SELL MORE CARS. If sales fall after investing hundreds of millions of pounds, things are not good.

For example after winning the indy car championship in America, Toyotas sale figures went up the following year. Job done.

Reaction score
King Stromba said:

I agree that Renault race F1 etc to sell cars. But I'm sure sales would always be down last year as the Clio comes to the end of its life. The Trophy was the only good reason to buy a Clio as it is out of date already. The majority of people buying their standard Clio would be more likely to wait and see how the new one turns out. This is the same for any manufacturer when their key model is replaced. ie, 3 series BMW.

I wonder how 'Renaultsport' sales were last year?

As for the Megane F1, I think it would have been nice to have more of a USP. The seats are a bit lairy IMO.

Luke.

Reaction score
Renault have problems as they sell most of their cars in just a handful of contries (Britain, France and spain i think). This makes them economically in a very dangerous position, as all their eggs are in one basket. A company like Toyota on the other hand has good sales in many countries, so if sales drop in one country (for example due to recession) their overall sales are not hit that hard.

If i was in charge of Renault i would be trying to break into new markets as quickly as possible. Trouble is the product is cheap, and only the French and Britsh and Spanish will buy cheap shit. The americans and germans want good build quality.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I believe thats one of the reasons for the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Nissan are producing Renaults in their factories in parts of the world that Renault dont currently sell in.

Reaction score
the yanks and japs dont have to pay as much for a car as we do any way so they have more options.
Alot of older jap cars are crap quality and the japs and us lapped them up.
As for the american cars.....Everyone knows they make some of the worst cars in the world! You ever driven a US car in the us Stromba? Ive driven 4 now and they where all shite!