Reaction score
I think dynamically it is the same as the Megane Cup, but it would appear it has the same Recaro's that are in our Trophy's, albeit in a different colour scheme - it has blue Alcantara, which I'm not to keen on...Quite like the exterior colour scheme, even the graphics!

There are some good photos if you look towards the end of this topic on the R'sport forum - http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community ... IC_ID=2872

Anybody know any more details?

Attachments

• RenaultMeganeSportF1_1.jpg
    RenaultMeganeSportF1_1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 580
  • RenaultMeganeSportF1 Interior.jpg
    RenaultMeganeSportF1 Interior.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 580

Day

Reaction score
Get's better with every facelift however I wish they would sort that awful rear end!

Reaction score
I think it'll be very, very quick!

Don't mind the colour either... :)

O.

Reaction score
Think that's all there is to know Oli apart from the price. Which i don't know lol.
It is based on the Megane Cup. But with the facelifted body, personally I prefer the old font end. Then it's just the colour, wheels and seats.

Reaction score
Why o why o why, do renault employ these numbskulls in their marketing department to come up with these hideous coloour schemes?

Clio Trophy - wtf is Capsicum red? Does the colour of a red pepper really stir the emotions in any way in a car that is eesentially a track car designed as a pocket roller coaster? Should have come in a unique colour (possibly a white or blue) and have been called something like 'Trophy Blizzard White', r 'Trophy Storm Blue' or 'Trophy Hades Red'. A car should stir the emotions and a colour is an extension of the car. Lets use some adjectives to describe the colour. The english language is colourful, so lets use it properly hey Renault?. Typical unemotive French twats.

The megane - Renault had a unique opportunity to copy the F1 colour scheme. The F1 cars look beautiful. This blue is way too dark. If lookes like someone has bought a nova and slapped some 'motorsport' stickers on it. Very shit and chavvy.

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Renault had a unique opportunity to copy the F1 colour scheme

The F1 colour scheme is surely way to bright to cover a whole car in. I think it would have limited who would have bought it, much more sensible to go for the blue with graphics...

Perhaps you would have liked it more if it had gold wheels, I mean they are not at all chavvy are they? :lol:

Reaction score
Renault car sales went down last year despite winning the F1 championship. I rest my case.

Mareketing department is obviously completely inept.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
So you'd rather they looked like this?

1987231f.jpg

I think they made the right decision personally.......

Reaction score
Did i say they should sticker it up? Or did i say that stickers looked crap? Maybe re read my post? Then when you learn to understand what someone has said, we can have a proper discussion.

The colour scheme for the F1 cars is actually different to what you probably think it is. Go and look at the cars BEFORE they are stickered up for an F1 race with sponsorship. Last year preseason they ran in a blue colour (mild seven sponsorship colour)with just a hint of yellow (renault colour). It looked very nice.

I would have gone for the blue colour in that pic with detailing in the yellow. And i would ditch the black wheels and go for silver.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
King Stromba said:
Renault had a unique opportunity to copy the F1 colour scheme

1987231f.jpg

Looks like the F1 colour scheme to me. Stickers or no stickers.

I actually quite like the f1 style one above, but wouldnt want it as a daily drive.

You didn't used to work for VW did you stromba? Someone thought the Polo Harlequin was a good idea once :roll:

:wink:

Attachments

• Img_8179.jpg
    Img_8179.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 509
Reaction score
The F1 is based on the 225 Cup but with Recaro Trendline seats in blue (with a matching back seat !), MP3, gloss black wheels and door mirrors. No technical differences.

Day

Reaction score
I'd love too see those teddy bear rims refurbed in gold and on a clio williams :D

Reaction score
Quote King Stromba "numbskulls, Typical unemotive French twats, inept"

You're such a pleasant chap...

Reaction score
Jeremy - How many are coming to the UK, and how many are going to be produced in total?

Reaction score
OliS said:
Jeremy - How many are coming to the UK, and how many are going to be produced in total?

They're not limited by numbers but on sale from now until September.

Reaction score

Guess you will probably be bringing some along to the Renaultsport trackdays this year then - might have to have a go, not driven a Megane yet.