Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
TheJesus said:
Stromba, we're not talking 0-100 though are we? he's said he's compared it against his brothers Cup with circa 185bhp (assuming this is estemated as Chris' was 190+ iirc?), so I don't really see what the problem is. The P1 figures you have there also seem rather on the fast side for a 280bhp car that weighs almost bang on 1300kg's... by the same logic Chris shouldn't be absolutely level with his mates classic STi (260bhp) at 1235kg's...

P1 also has a 60-100 time of 8 secs, a Scooby RA does it in 7 secs (low side of 7 too), no reason why a modded Cup wont be able to see a fairly similar time, maybe 8-9 secs I would have thought, as high 10's are standard... so to lose out from 80-90 plus from a roll would be about right then :lol:

of course you know best though as is always the case, there will be some form of scientific BS you'll try to numb people's minds with... but i'd tend to believe the three trusted sources that have first hand experience and not someone who preaches their views from behind a computer screen... like you said yourself, if you did see a Scooby or other car that you could give a run for it's money who's up for some fun you don't bother... I do, so do many other people. Shame my mate doesn't still have his, I'd like to show you how my car compares to his with the chip in... you'd be surprised.

Just for once look at the evidence. The power to weight ratio of the P1 gives it a massive performance advantage. And then look at the torque it produces. 4wd more grip. Huge brakes that dont fade.

Chris and nic this, rsport ecu that. Do you have another record?

Reaction score
the rx8 is a bit lame imo. only 230 at best.
Ive been after a 7 for ages but havent had the bottle to get 1. Im trying to keep the clio too so i can have best of both worlds!

Reaction score
there is a few rx7's by me, there is one blue one which i see quite regularly racing down the ring roads between my hose and the misses house.
doesnt handle as well as the clio but its devilishly fast!!!!
my ate cooked the engine on his. was quite funny the passanger got hydrolic fluid all over his feet. the car was totally fcuked!!!

rx8 is soft. not as pretty as the rx7 to!

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Just for once look at the evidence. The power to weight ratio of the P1 gives it a massive performance advantage. And then look at the torque it produces. 4wd more grip. Huge brakes that dont fade.

Chris and nic this, rsport ecu that. Do you have another record?

yes, the P1 is faster, who said it wasn't? you said the claim made BY THE SCOOBY owner was bollox... even though this is actually far from a compliment to his car, he admitted his brother's lightly modded Cup kept up til around 80-90... you seem to be missing the bigger picture... just for you again, NOBODY SAID IT's FASTER! It kept up to a point, then got left... comprende? i'm sorry that I turned the topic back on track to the Scooby and that we are not inflating your pathetic ego with talk of how great 0002 is, but this is a Trophy/182 and WRX thread and the Cup is certainly comparable to a 172 Cup, being that one is an evolution of the other with similar pwr/weight as standard.

Oh yeah, factor in the power to weight, then start reducing the at the wheel power due to 4WD tranny losses and there you go. 30bhp on the road is never enough to 'smoke' the other car anyway, the main advantage here is the massive torque to keep it at the higher revs where a 2.0 NA will struggle... especially going into 5th...

Reaction score
Sorry, but by 40 the cup would be behind. By 80 it would have been comprehesively beaten. But like i said, obviously his p1 is broken or he cant drive it. Im not calling him a lyer, maybe he THINKS a cup is as quick. The fact is it isnt.

Reaction score
Why compare the 2 cars anyway, they're totally different. Take away the P1's 4wd and turbo charger and it would be a fairer comparison i.e. it would get it's ass kicked.

Anyway, the only Impreza I've been in was a P1 and can confirm that they so fookin fast, totally different league of performance to my williams, and that's with cams, LSD etc etc. I find it hard to believe a cup kept up to 90 unless it's a freakily fast one, or as said before the P1 wasn't driven to its full potential...

Reaction score
how would the Cup be behind if the rolling start was at 40? sorry, i'm being ostentatious, but it's the only way with you sometimes unfortunately, so forgive me if at anypoint I become amazingly irritating, as I am genuinely unsure on the best methods of communicating with you.

I have enlarged the text to aid your malfunction of being unable to read other people's posts:

IT WAS NOT A STANDING START, IT WAS FROM A ROLL

CUP IS 'NOT' STANDARD

AT NO POINT DID HE SAY IT WAS QUICKER

IT PULLED AHEAD BY 80-90... HIS WORDS, NOT MINE

THE P1 'IS' FASTER

so, a quick recap. race from a roll, P1 owners words not mine, Cup didn't pass til 80-90, no standing start involved... hopefully you are able to decrypt this De vinci code post of mine... as complicated to understand as it is... :roll: lol

as for not being able to drive, how hard is it to press pedals and wait for that red bit before you change? come on, get real, anyone knows how to change gear and as Paul and Neil are both SQM regulars I'd say better than most.

Reaction score
Jesus, give up. We dont want a my cars faster then your car thread, but pretty much everyone here agrees (except you) that a P1 would beat any 2 litre clio in mildly tuned form, comprehensively.

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Jesus, give up. We dont want a my cars faster then your car thread, but pretty much everyone here agrees (except you) that a P1 would beat any 2 litre clio in mildly tuned form, comprehensively.

Which is pretty much what he's been saying..... :roll:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think all the sensible discussion has long gone in this thread now, time for it to end me thinks.

locked2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.