Reaction score
Couple of random thoughts to promote your product:

1. Are you planning to have it independantly tested, perhaps by a car magazine?
2. Dropping the price would increase sales, afterall, £1700 is a lot considering the price of the car

Reaction score
marrow said:

2. Dropping the price would increase sales, afterall, £1700 is a lot considering the price of the car

Not really, when you consider the proven gains (from an independent rolling road as well as those above), the custom mapping, carbon fibre used in the product, price of rival setups, ie tbs, & most importantly the reversibility of the product, ie original sensors, no chopping, etc, i think its great value.

The number of orders from CS members already would suggest that the pricing is spot on tbh. If you doubt the product, might i suggest getting out for a passenger ride in one of the demo cars, from my perspective, the power delivery is now very Teg DC2 like, ie it simply pulls & pulls to the redline :twisted:

Reaction score
Some thoughts in bold:

marrow said:
1. Are you planning to have it independantly tested, perhaps by a car magazine?
Good idea, however the product has already been proven on independent rollers, and not any old set - RStunings rollers which are extremely strict - just take a look at the standard 182 figure!!

No chance, if you take a look at the prices of many existing upgrades this is incredibly good value of money. That's before you even consider the standard fitment nature of the kit, not causing any excessive devalue to your beloved trophy :wink:

Reaction score
Sir_Dave said:
marrow said:

Not really, when you consider the proven gains (from an independent rolling road as well as those above), the custom mapping, carbon fibre used in the product, price of rival setups, ie tbs, & most importantly the reversibility of the product, ie original sensors, no chopping, etc, i think its great value.

The number of orders from CS members already would suggest that the pricing is spot on tbh. If you doubt the product, might i suggest getting out for a passenger ride in one of the demo cars, from my perspective, the power delivery is now very Teg DC2 like, ie it simply pulls & pulls to the redline :twisted:

Do you work for JMS or something?

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Tom! It looks like a great product! and the sound in the video is epic! almost V8 like!

If I do consider modifying the car then I think this may be just right!

Good luck with the product!

Reaction score
This looks like a very good product at a reasonable price to me. It occupies the middle ground between a new intake and remap and full on throttle bodies etc. The graph also looks really good. If I had a standard 182 and wanted to tune it this would suit me.
Harrat21 has a good point though. The 182's stopped production at the end of 05 and many owners that want to tune them will have done so. I remember seeing images of something like this back in 07 and even then it would have been too late for me. My car already has an Orb, Itg maxogen, matched manifold and remap. Compared to my Dyno dynamics graph from Sanspeed there's nothing between them from 4500 - 6500rpm. The JMS intake is better at very high revs where it keeps climbing another 9 bhp instead of dropping off and also between 3000 - 4000 its up 10 - 15% which would be useful for day to day and motorway driving. Great product but as I don't scream the nuts off my car it wouldn't be worth the money for me.

Reaction score
WANT! Does the price include everything you see in the picture i.e. new engine mount and mounting bracket for the ignition leads? Cheers

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I don't know Luke, I could sell the Maxogen for £250-300, I've never been too happy with the Flash map that I have, the machined inlets on the RS manifold only gave tiny gains and the Orbisoud is not going to make those figures any worse :)

Reaction score
Jools, you can't help yourself! If I'm 'driving' then I'll sit between 4500 and 6500 so it wouldn't make any difference. I'd rather spend the cash on a diff if I had it.

Reaction score
Luke335 said:
Harrat21 has a good point though. The 182's stopped production at the end of 05 and many owners that want to tune them will have done so. I remember seeing images of something like this back in 07 and even then it would have been too late for me.

Interesting viewpoint. In fact the 1*2 ph2 range of cars are currently nearing there 'peak' for modification options - if you take a look around the range of upgrade options is massive, the cars are at that age now where a younger generation is able to purchase, and modify the car to their requirements. A period of 5 years from any new cars release is required to really see the modification options mature.

In stark contrast the Mk1 range of Clios are well past their peak, having slowly declined in number and at the other end of the scale the 197 & 200 vehicles still have very limited options.