Reaction score
Oil level check, think i must be doing it wrong. Mine starts bonging and the needles move round the dials in increments. Whats that all about or have i just bust it? :shock:

Reaction score
ken wilson said:
Mine starts bonging

What - starts smoking through a water pipe!?! :wink:

Your problem does sound a bit bizarre, I just get in, turn on the ignition and hit the trip computer reset button and then I get a read out of the oil level...the needles do not move from the bottom of the dials!?! :?

Reaction score
Do you mean the Oil ok thing when you first turn the ignition on, or is this something else you are going on about?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
ken wilson said:
Oil level check, think i must be doing it wrong. Mine starts bonging and the needles move round the dials in increments. Whats that all about or have i just bust it? :shock:

Yep mine did this, which freaked me a little so just check oil manually.

Reaction score
How do you do this oil level thingy! lol! Or am i just being very blonde! :?

Reaction score
Turn on your car. Within 2 seconds press the trip reset meter the one next to the speedo on the dash). You'll see the boxes indicating your oil level.

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
Just tried it, very useful tip!

Now i just need to work out how much oil equates to one blob on the oil level display!

:D

Reaction score
When i said one blob on the oil display, i meant there was one blob missing from the end of the display rather than only one blob left !!

:D :)

Reaction score
Don't know if this one's already been pointed out but something I have noticed is:

When you start the engine, you don't need to release the key once the engine is started... What I mean is that the engine will start and the starter motor will stop automatically, even if you keep the key turned to the ignition position and hold it there.... This is quite a handy tip because it means you never 'mis-start' the car i.e. you never need to let go of the key too early and risk the car not starting properly.

A waffley explanation written too quickly, but I think and hope you get the gist!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Scott said:
Can someone tell me what exactly the "magic" wiper stalk does?

It allows you to alter progressively the speed of the interupted wipe. i.e. the one that wipes every 10 secs

Reaction score
thought I'd suggest the fact that the Trophy numbered badge on the seat, Renaultsport sills and the Renaultsport badge on the steering wheel may still have a protective piece of plastic wrapping over them that you can take off :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
ratched - there's 2 screws in the boot - you need to remove the rear seats first. (the gold ish coloured scews).