Reaction score
Lots of interesting secrets here! Very useful, thanks guys.

The Trophy has a secret dipstick! I couldn't find it for about 20 minutes when I first got the car. :oops: The secret's out now though but, my God, is it a bugger to get at?!... Always burn the back of my hand on the engine so have now resorted to checking the oil when cold, which I believe is the correct procedure anyway.

Reaction score
T7PHY said:
Lots of interesting secrets here! Very useful, thanks guys.

The Trophy has a secret dipstick! I couldn't find it for about 20 minutes when I first got the car. :oops: The secret's out now though but, my God, is it a bugger to get at?!... Always burn the back of my hand on the engine so have now resorted to checking the oil when cold, which I believe is the correct procedure anyway.

LOL at checking the oil level on a hot engine! It'll be anywhere but in the sump.

Reaction score
oliie said:
asim said:
Found out in the last down-pour that when you come to a complete stop at a set of traffic lights with the wipers on a non-stop speed setting, they slow down automatically to an intermediate setting. Until you set off again onto your journey. Magic.

BTW I have the wiper upgrade so I don't know if the standard ones are magical too.

Yup, same on the manual stalk.

Of interest this does not happen on the intermittent setting (which will continue to pause at the same interval regardless of speed).

O.

That's what I found was the icing on the rather crap-tasting cake when it came to the "intermittent" wiper speed. The only way to have your screen wiped at a speed that could actually be described as intermittent was to stop the car whilst the wipers were on continuous :p I'm so glad I did the wiper stalk conversion now.

cue said:
surely the resistor would be connected to somkething - and shouldn't it be on the end of a wire coming from the car not the seat?

What artdealer means is the Recaros have a resistor in, and a airbag connector, so when you fit them after-market you can plug the original airbag lead into the new seat and it stops the car complaining. If you fitted another seat with no airbag which lacked this useful feature, you would indeed need to wire a resistor into the car yourself. Renault have done this on the Trophy because it has no side airbags by design, hence the seat not being wired in.

(The Recaros in the Trophy are just a standard model of seat that they make, which one might buy and fit to various cars, potentially)

Reaction score
Noodle999 said:
(The Recaros in the Trophy are just a standard model of seat that they make, which one might buy and fit to various cars, potentially)

Indeed - the same design is fitted to my mates Accord Type-R, although withough the folding feature and a different trim to suit that interior.

Reaction score
fazedesign said:
Noodle999 said:

Indeed - the same design is fitted to my mates Accord Type-R, although withough the folding feature and a different trim to suit that interior.

and indeed the Integra Type R and the Megane 230 and quite a few others. Good seats, although a little tight around the hips although I'm not really Clio size.

Reaction score
Thought it was time to drag this old thread out and mention the damper pin removal in it. There we go.

Reaction score
has nobody the mentioned the 'shift light' on the dash board? quote

i have heard about this, is it optimum change or she's gonna blow u crazy &@£$" now change up lol?

as i treat mine like a baby i wouldnt have seen this light before :lol: :wink:

Reaction score
I discovered the shift light the other night while taking my mate for a drive to show him how the trophy performs! He is now looking to sell his old meggy coupe in search of a 182 cup or a trophy, took him 2hours to get rid of the smile!

Reaction score
It has that effect, my Polish colleague that I gave a lift in this morning said "Is very good in corners, no?" as we rocketed out of the third exit of the roundabout. "It's alright I said, dampers could go up a few clicks for that one" No reply...

Reaction score
Classic Steve!

A mini Cooper S work mate had a lift in Mario Kart a while ago - all he kept saying was "it's not as fast as mine" until a few coners later when he changed to "I could'nt do that in the mini". 8)

We need a thread for these stories ;)

Reaction score
If you see it you need to learn how to drive. It flashes moments before you bounce off the electronic limiter and is of absolutely no practical use whatsoever, it just cost nothing to be there I suppose.

Reaction score
Remove acoustic valve

oliie said:
- Rear windscreen wiper will do a sweep if you have your front wipers on and engage reverse
- Mirrors heat up to clear condensation/frost when the rear demister is activated
- Front windscreen wipers will do a 'paused' second sweep if using the water spray in order to clean any residual water marks
- Various codes presented by the alarm LED depending on what has triggered the system
- Removal of Isofix rear bar to save a few kilos (if you don't have the need for children seating fixtures)
- Removal of acoustic valve to free airflow (put in place to meet EU noise compliance)
- Clip on interior of glovebox door to hold cards (I use mine to hold my Esporta card)
- Hook on petrol filler cap to hold petrol cap while filling tank
- Velcro in boot (which holds the car jack) can be expanded to accommodate a warning triangle
- There is a rectangular 'cubby' area under passenger front seat to store items such as wheel locking nut, first aid box etc.

That's all I can think of at the moment...

Cheers
O.

I have recently aquired a new panel filter tthat I was going to install. Can anyone tell me where this 'acoustic valve' is, and how to remove it? PPPPPpppplease?

Reaction score
thought I would copy this in here....

Steve said:
Hi David

An old one this, but I'm glad you've brought it up because some of the newbies might not know...

The 'click' at the end of the throttle travel is actually a button to deactivate or override the speed limiter, you will have 100% throttle opening without depressing this button but it's a sure way of knowing you've dropped the hammer if you've got thick soled shoes on etc.

A very fun little experiment you can do with this is to set your speed limiter to 40, drop down into second gear, get up to 40mph (do it in safety on a de-restricted road, obviously) holding the throttle against the stop (switch not depressed) then just click the switch for an instant and urgent burst of acceleration. It's even more fun when you're being tailgated by a diesel Passat in a 40 zone and the speed limit ends.

cheers Steve :D

Reaction score
Steve said:
fazedesign said:
Noodle999 said:

and indeed the Integra Type R and the Megane 230 and quite a few others. Good seats, although a little tight around the hips although I'm not really Clio size.

They are different seats to the DC2 & DC5 iirc Steve :wink: