Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
donkey said:
isn't the wire under the seats a pressure sender to detect if someone is sitting on them - and then in conjunction with the seatbelt sensor works out if it needs to beep at you?

no, that little gem is the wire that connects to the seat belt clamp.

This wire has like an electrical connector on the end but nothing to connect to - very strange. you need to actually looking under the seat to see it - i'll take a pic when it's light and post it!

Reaction score
ahh

someone needs to take their seat apart and see - either that or stick 12v into it and see what happens

is it thick enough to be for heated seats?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
picture of said mystery wire.... which is on it's side - rotate your head to the left it hangs down, this is of the driver seat.

Attachments

• DSC07067.JPG
    DSC07067.JPG
    322.5 KB · Views: 2,314

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
nah, if the seat had airbags, which it doesn't, then this would be conected up, as I said the wire comes FROM the seat not TO the seat - so it's something the seat has but the car doesn't if that makes sense. i.e. a motor for the seat, that's the only thing i can think of.

Knowing Reno they'll have left this out for cost purposes, under the guise of saving weight.

That's my thought process, but i'm not exactly sure what the wire is for and why it's just been left dangling....

Reaction score
asim said:
Found out in the last down-pour that when you come to a complete stop at a set of traffic lights with the wipers on a non-stop speed setting, they slow down automatically to an intermediate setting. Until you set off again onto your journey. Magic.

BTW I have the wiper upgrade so I don't know if the standard ones are magical too.

Yup, same on the manual stalk.

Of interest this does not happen on the intermittent setting (which will continue to pause at the same interval regardless of speed).

O.

Reaction score
Would be good if someone knew how to turn off that bloody beeping for not putting your seatbelt on.

I always drive around with it on, but for those times when manouevering or similar its so annoying.

Reaction score
It's a small price to pay for something that'll save your life...

...but you can still disable it by pulling the right fuse.

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
It's a small price to pay for something that'll save your life...

...but you can still disable it by pulling the right fuse.

O.

I'm sorry, but an irritating beeping isn't going to save my life. I will by putting the thing on.

Reaction score
polarbert said:
Would be good if someone knew how to turn off that bloody beeping for not putting your seatbelt on.

I always drive around with it on, but for those times when manouevering or similar its so annoying.

I know what you mean, sometimes you just need to move the car and it's really annoying, it stops after a couple of minutes though. Or if you accelerate to 120mph, steer into a tree and go through the windscreen.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
polarbert said:

I know :)

there's a little wire running down the side of the seatbelt clip to your left when you sit in the car - this is the contact wire. You could dismantle the clip and find the end receptor for the wire, attach a little peice of metal, then re-assemble. It will assume that the seat belt is always connected then.

btw, if you drive for long enough with out the seatbelt on, the bleeping stops as it assumes your not going to listen so why waste it's voice. :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just a small one, headlights revert back to dipped if you turn them off from full. Also how many people have turned the lights completely off whilst dipping them? :shock:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hoolio said:
Just a small one, headlights revert back to dipped if you turn them off from full. Also how many people have turned the lights completely off whilst dipping them? :shock:

yep, done that!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
no, when you click fast to flash someone - with your lights on. They turn off altogether. Had this happen a couple of times....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Basically when you dip the lights quick my pinky catches and pulls back on the little wing on the top of the knob and turns off the lights, kinda scary in a wot the f*** is going on way :)

Reaction score
Scary doesnt cover it if your doing 60 on a country road :shock: 8-[ [-o<