Reaction score
Off to Halfrauds to get a bit of top up oil. Is it o.k to mix makes? Which type should i get. Sorry if there is already an oil post, if ther is Nik can you make it a sticky one.

Cheers

Reaction score
I'm sure its OK to mix oils, after all mixed oil has got to be better than no oil!

I've been reading some interesting threads on the renaultsport community forum than the elf oil is not that great.

The oil of choice seems to be Motul power 300V 5w40, with one 182 owner reporting better mpg and a smoother running engine at idle.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/lubricants.htm

7MAT

Reaction score
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/TechSpecs/Mob ... VPower.pdf

As used by Subaru WRT and formula Renault.

300VP_l.jpg

7MAT

Reaction score
I only really need some for top up. I'll do a full change soon, but while its still cold out, i'm not climbing under the car.

I'll order a bit from there then. How much oil does the Trophy lump take?

Where can i buy the Motol oil? Seems i can only order 100litres min on the site.

Reaction score
LOL, There are only two rules to oil.

Rule 1. You cant change it often enough

Rule 2. See rule 1

Reaction score
Trophy No.
just had mine changed at renault. Had mobil one in. always been good for me and will be sticking with that.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hi,

yeah it was with filter. mobil one aint cheap either.

the standard renault oil filter is fine and the one to go for IMHO.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good question, i've never heared that any of the Renaultsport cars do so i expect not.

Was interesting to note that a guy got fuel starvation in his Cup at a trackday I went to recently while running semi-slicks. Granted the tank was starting to get quite empty and there had been no problems all day with a more full tank, but it does make you think about the same situation with the oil.

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
The williams has a baffled sump

Part of the homologation I guess...

Never heard of any oil starvation problems with the R'sport Clio's , guess you would have to run slicks/semi-slicks to build up the G's that lead to starvation. Hopefully on road tyres it won't be an issue. How would you first become aware that you have oil stavation issue? Or is it it a case of by the time you become aware it is to late?