Reaction score
nice one! looking good, shame about the weather!

I'm due to be going out to the ring again is September, can't wait!

Where is that hotel where your trophy is parked underneath the balcony? Looks nice under there! is it near the ring, looking for a change of Accomodation next time! :)

S4M

Reaction score
jonny g said:
nice one! looking good, shame about the weather!

I'm due to be going out to the ring again is September, can't wait!

Where is that hotel where your trophy is parked underneath the balcony? Looks nice under there! is it near the ring, looking for a change of Accomodation next time! :)

Im going back in september too 8)

The hotel is Hotel am Tiergarten and is owned by the schmitz family. - http://www.am-tiergarten.de/en/home/ . The restraunt is called the PistenKlause and is very very famous ( go there and see the cars parked outside, phooooaaar )

about 102 euros a night for a double room so not bad and its about 4 minutes from the ring

Sam

Reaction score
I got back from a long weekend there at 1am this morning. Top weekend, met 2 other trophy owners out there and can get the Trophy round in under 9 minutes now too :D

Reaction score
Good to meet you mate, i could not believe the difference R888s make, neither could a couple of impreza's, M5's and that matt black continental GT ;)

Could just do with more power in the uphill straight in the second half of the track, as all the bigger things id passed caught me up there :(

Awesome trip though, cant wait to get back out there again.

Who was the other trophy owner btw? I passed them one lap, i found their car aftwards but could not see the owner for a chat.

Reaction score
sounds awsome! i so can't wait to go again now! We should maybe organise a ClioTrophy.co.uk Ring Trip?!

Reaction score
Simpson said:
Good to meet you mate, i could not believe the difference R888s make, neither could a couple of impreza's, M5's and that matt black continental GT ;)

Could just do with more power in the uphill straight in the second half of the track, as all the bigger things id passed caught me up there :(

Awesome trip though, cant wait to get back out there again.

Who was the other trophy owner btw? I passed them one lap, i found their car aftwards but could not see the owner for a chat.

Yeah i left that GT for dead too. Did that go out on the lap that you followed me out? I cannot remember. You can embarress alot of things, but then again alot of things embarrass me too so its about fair lol!

Can't remember what the other guy's name was but he is on here, very nice bloke too. Said he enjoyed himself and managed to get out in the Ring Taxi too (grrrr lol...me and my mates put our name down on the cancellation list but didn't get called)

That straight after Bergwek is a killer, still even though others were pulling away they were lifting for a couple of the lefts uphill whereas i just stayed foot to the floor so only the really really fast stuff and very good drivers pulled away massively. Having said that, my bro let me drive a lap in his 400bhp+ Evo 9 (blue one with bronze wheels if you saw it?) and its like being on a different track almost, the power and the torque make it feel like you aren't even working it, whereas on hard laps you really have to feel sorry for the clio as it has to work so hard to keep any sort of good pace! The way the evo pulled out of the corners and up the straights was just a different league and very very fun indeed!

Great to meet you too mate!

Reaction score
Yeah i saw it, all the cars you were with looked very nice! I did yeah, you were just back in the carpark as i finished the lap.

One of our lot paid for a lap for the guy with the yellow Gallardo with the FEED ME plate, in exchange for a passenger lap, he said they were leaving the Ring Taxi's for dead, and on the final straight hit 208mph :eek:

The only thing they couldnt catch was that red Viper.

S4M

Reaction score
Sounds like you had great fun guys

208 MPH, dont think so you only get to do just over half the straight due to the temp toll.

Reaction score
Simpson, I was the other trophy owner at the Ring this weekend. It was my first time out there. I did try to find you for a chat but you were not near your car. I think you past me. I was taking it very easy all weekend. You were on 3 wheels when you went past. Very impressive! Or perhaps that was Matt...

Matt, good to meet you; I didn't get back to Suffolk until 2am this morning. Glad i took the day off work today. I'll post those pics i took of you when i get hold of my girlfriends camera again later this week

What a place!! I'm still buzzing now from the 9 laps i completed, one of them in the Ring taxi, with a BMW test driver.
My mate who drove up from Munich in his Z4 managed to get a lap with Sabine. She seemed to hang the back end out a lot more that the two other taxis. The M5 really is a special bit of kit. The only mod they run is upgraded front brake pads. The driver i went out with gave a running commentary in German and English about the corners and the history of the ring. Well worth doing if you get the chance.

It did help having a my mate who speaks fluent German to suss out the bookings where there were only 2 passengers and then do a cash deal with them. We found out that if you hang around the ring taxi office, it's quite easy to blag a ride with a 2 party booking for 50 - 60 euros. My girlfriend also managed to get a trip on the Saturday in the taxi. She also drove my trophy for a lap on the Sunday. She was grinning from ear to ear for ages afterwards.

If you have not been to the Ring, DO IT! It really is a petrol head's paradise. Think of paddock hill bend at brans hatch, and multiply it by 200; that's my take on it .

But take care. Whilst we were there, there were many closures mainly due to bikers coming off. Some looked nasty and that did alarm me especially coming over the crest of a hill (no idea where) and having to avoid parts of a bike strewn all across the road.

To sum up; A fantastic few days and the Trophy didn't miss a beat. Managed to drive the first 7km with more confidence and speed the more laps I did. After the first 7km, I really had no idea where I was until the last corner after the mini carousel.

I will be back to try to learn the second 7 km section on my next trip! The yellow lambo sounded wonderful on full song.

S4M

Reaction score
Wish my trophy made it back unhurt haha

Makes me jelous :p

Reaction score
S4M said:
Sounds like you had great fun guys

208 MPH, dont think so you only get to do just over half the straight due to the temp toll.

Even with only half a straight my trophy was hitting 120mph b4 i slowed to end the lap at the 130km per hour sign. The lambo must me able to get somwhere close to it's top speed on the same stretch. I maybe wrong

The most entertaining car I watched at the adenau bridge with a beer late on saturday afternoon was a purple mini cooper 1300. He obviously knew the ring inside out and his car was flying sideways past much faster machinery, great fun to watch.

Reaction score
Nick great to meet you too. Glad you enjoyed the place aswell.

Simpson said:
Yeah i saw it, all the cars you were with looked very nice! I did yeah, you were just back in the carpark as i finished the lap.

One of our lot paid for a lap for the guy with the yellow Gallardo with the FEED ME plate, in exchange for a passenger lap, he said they were leaving the Ring Taxi's for dead, and on the final straight hit 208mph :eek:

The only thing they couldnt catch was that red Viper.

I think he is telling a few porkies there mate lol. Gallardo's don't hit 208mph anyway, let alone on the cool down straight where you don't get a chance. To put in perspective, the new Corvette thing that has just done a 7.26 full lap, got to accelerate the whole way down that straight and only hit 179mph...and that is with a race driver and well over 600bhp!

And the taxis are faster than the Zakspeed Viper too! Im sure it was fast though, so fair play to him for getting out in it, every other person in that car park wanted to get out in it too :)

Reaction score
Yeah did sound abit far fetched, he was completly buzzing when he got out so maybe exaguratted, or the 208mph recorded on the computer was from a blast down the autobahn and not on track itself!

Still a lucky sod though, il be taking extra money next time to pay for laps in monster cars!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Phew that was close, that's the nearest there's been to an argument on here for......................ages :)

Reaction score
Hehe ;)

A few pics that i took of the Trophys, and some of me on track:

IMG_3461.jpg

IMG_3500.jpg

SG108874.jpg

20080713touri0333.JPG

dsc_0681.jpg

Rest of my pics here, and yes my camera skills do leave alot to be desired :p

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff88/simpsonaldinho/RIng 2008/

S4M

Reaction score
That picture of your car going around the nurburgring is fantastic, i did 4 laps on the 28/06/08 but cant seem to find anything for my car !!! Bit gutted :)

S4M

Reaction score
Nope thanks for posting those links tho, great looking through them. My car broke by around 12 so i think i got missed in the photos front . LV55 XOG is my plate and i was only driving on the 28/06/08

Reaction score
Like that one of mine parked at Brunchen Simpson, ta for posting that!

I found a few of mine on the photo websites but actually paid for a couple too, off of a guy called Frozenspeed...this being my favourite one!!!

a-1.jpg

Its very shiny as i polished and waxed it before i left for Germany! :D

Still love this one from last trip too...

Touris_04-05-08_440.jpg