S4M

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Going to the ring tmor morning, setting off at 6:30 wahooo

Was wondering if anyone can offer me any tips. Taking the trophy hoping to do 3 or 4 laps .... What settings do you guys run on your dampers ? im currently at 30 clicks which seems a good medium.

Cheers

Sam

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Sam, is this your first trip out there?

Reaction score
I run 28 clicks daily and didn't bother changing it for the ring and it handled just great!

Its quite a bumpy circuit compared to most normal trackdays so don't click right up. 30 should be fine for a starting point and if you fancy it then click up some more.

Im going back out in 2 weeks and may click up a tad more but it may begin to hinder the car, being too stiff for the bumps.

If it is your first time then treat the first lap as a 'tourist lap' pretty much, just drive fairly slow and familiarise yourself. Don't take the mick as it is an intimidating place.

Best of luck and enjoy :)

S4M

Reaction score
Nik said:
Hi Sam, is this your first trip out there?

Yep this is my first time so im planning on taking it easy

Matt X2C said:
I run 28 clicks daily and didn't bother changing it for the ring and it handled just great!

Its quite a bumpy circuit compared to most normal trackdays so don't click right up. 30 should be fine for a starting point and if you fancy it then click up some more.

Im going back out in 2 weeks and may click up a tad more but it may begin to hinder the car, being too stiff for the bumps.

If it is your first time then treat the first lap as a 'tourist lap' pretty much, just drive fairly slow and familiarise yourself. Don't take the mick as it is an intimidating place.

Best of luck and enjoy :)

Yea i think ill leave it at 30 clicks then. Yea im going to take it easy for the 1st lap. out of pure intrest what type of times to the trophys usually rack up. I hear that 9 seconds is possible with a 182 CUP. ( not that im planning on timing myself ) just pure intrest :)

Sam

Reaction score
9 seconds lol - its not quite that fast!

The 182 Cup and Trophy are capable of around 9 minutes (bridge-to gantry) in the right hands, but do not go out there timing yourself as its much more likely to end in tears with a stopwatch....especially if you only plan 3 or 4 laps.

Really hope you enjoy it though, its a shame you aren't going out 2 weeks later as im there in my trophy and another guy off here is too!

Reaction score
Yep il be there from the 11th till 14th of July!

Matt are you definately taking the trophy now? Will be easier to spot you now :)

Reaction score
Take it very very easy.

The Nurburgring can bite and it will if you are not very cautious.

They say you need to do at least 50 laps to have any idea of where you are on the circuit,a statement i completely agree with.
I've done over 250 laps in the last few years and i am still learning.
And i will be learning until the day i die.

So respect the place,enjoy it but if you can get some passenger laps with some experienced Ringers as you will learn
alot.

Reaction score
What can I say, awesome place, very initimidating at forst but you ease into a groove after a few laps. All I can say is exactly what the others have said, if you respect the place and dont try setting an records or timing yourself then you will have a safe/enjoyable trip.

Now get up on those kerbs ;)

S4M

Reaction score
Have completed 4 fantastic laps of the ring today. Noticed after my first lap that it had dumped its power steering fluid all over the floor. its back at the hotel and im waiting for a garage to come and look it ( AA Cover ) A couple of mates are mechanics and they are sure its the hose which runs below the airbox. It looks like the metal part on the end of the hose has broken off slightly and its spraying from there.

I think to be honest its going to have to be a ship home job really peed off

Thanks

Sam

S4M

Reaction score
n603826982_1021017_2619.jpg

:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Gutted. Long way to go for a lap, but I'm sure it was awesome when it lasted.

I hope the metal pipe coming loose wasn't anything to do with hands and elbows from Mill Lane Renault disloding someting they shouldn't have...I'm just bitter as they wasted my morning. :wink:

Make sure that nice German fella doesn't put any retaining straps anywhere near the body work either, 600 miles home is gonna wear a hole through the paint and bodywork.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Lol, Nice ! Take it for a few laps of the Nurburgring, see how it compares to the trophy ! :D

S4M

Reaction score
Got picked up by a taxi at 3 in the morning and driven to stansted. Flew to germany and got a hire car ( the slowest focus i have ever driven ) which i drove to the renault garage. The car is great, all fixed cleaned etc etc they evan put some metal valve caps back on it and plastic welded my front splitter as i cracked it. Not bad for warranty work eh ;)

Went to the ring to watch a german track day and also to do a few laps but i only managed the one as it was very very very wet. My front tyres were gone so grip levels were just a joke. Any throttle imput and it was wheel spinning and understeering all over the place. Good fun none the less....

n603826982_1078726_9037.jpg

n603826982_1078729_9937.jpg

n603826982_1078714_5462.jpg

Got a video of that guy spinning which was quite amusing, no damage tho :p

Shes back home anyway, new tyres a decat pipe and some new discs and pads have been fitted and shes lurvvvvley :D

Sam