Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the colour suggests a clio 200 , but the headlights look like a vauxhall to me, could be scued by the reflection though.

Reaction score
CMR said:
Wasnt it still slower round the ring than the meg even after ford retested it a few times? #-o

So? The R26-R is a track day special, nothing more. I wouldn't want to drive one every day.

The fact (according to Autocar) that Renault couldn't sell all the R26-Rs and shipped them back to France, while they can't make the RS quick enough speaks volumes.

Reaction score
CMR, they're very different types of car. I got really close to getting a 26R but as a few of you know, we're a one car house and the Trophy has done nearly 66,000 miles so practicality has to be considered. I think the seatbelts alone would've driven me potty after a short while let alone the Toyo's, the lack of a rear wash wipe and radio. I suspect I might have been in the wife's bad books as well! The RS is an everyday car, albeit a tad thirsty!! That's what swung it for me. I do think the 26R is mighty though.

Reaction score
PS, I think it's a crime that they haven't all sold. Fair play to Renault for having the balls to make such a car.

Reaction score
here 2pics where we can see the clio 200
332x239_mystere.png

353x268_mystere2.png

Reaction score
corneyman said:
PS, I think it's a crime that they haven't all sold. Fair play to Renault for having the balls to make such a car.

That's the difference between Renault and Ford.

I can think of quite a few Renault special projects that just haven't sold. Ford on the other hand comparatively rarely get caught out like that.

Reaction score
g40steve wrote:
For all the haters, the future

Look whats stuck to the back of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQEm1c2SETk

Thats a bit naughty for a national mag like. They must have had the road closed.

It's not a public road, it's the Alpine Circuit at Millbrook. Cracking place. Did a single venue rally there in a 60's 1275 Mini Cooper. Awesome fun.

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:
CMR said:
Wasnt it still slower round the ring than the meg even after ford retested it a few times? #-o

So? The R26-R is a track day special, nothing more. I wouldn't want to drive one every day.

The fact (according to Autocar) that Renault couldn't sell all the R26-Rs and shipped them back to France, while they can't make the RS quick enough speaks volumes.

It took them 6 months to shift all but the last few Trophys in the 2nd half of '05. They were never going to sell all the .R's they had build slots for. The RS Megane never caught on like the RS 182 Clio did, so making a limited appeal version of an already limited appeal car was always going to be tricky.
But absolute fair play to Reno for doing it! =D>
The Focus RS does look a proper bit of kit, but as the typical argument goes, £25k for a... :lol:

CMR

Reaction score
Yeah don't get me wrong, I was just stating when you said the best FWD of the times that Ford did test it more than twice on the ring in an attempt to beat the meg. I know they are completely different cars, personally I wouldn't have either not to use as a daily car anyway, the meg I would love as a weekend track toy of course but I couldn't justify going to work and back in one!
The focus on the other hand, its alot of money for decent specced one, and the styling of it looks to me like its trying to hard! I've had Fords before but I can still say for that amount of money is 'only' getting you a ford :wink:

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:
corneyman said:

That's the difference between Renault and Ford.

I can think of quite a few Renault special projects that just haven't sold. Ford on the other hand comparatively rarely get caught out like that.

That's because this is the first RS model since they made such a hash of the last Focus RS! They made a loss on them last time and would have done the same if they built a Fiesta RS apparently. Don't get me wrong though, I'd have the Focus in blue over an R26.R. Maybe a set of track wheels. Fair play to Renault for their commitment though :D

Reaction score
This is all very relevant because I've just found out the indirect route I was planning to get mine by has dried up.

:(

So going to have to get the Mrs and the dog to turn tricks for me to raise some extra cash and go into a stealer next week and order one.

Judging by the current build times, I'll get mine shortly before civilisation sinks into permafrost induced by the heat death of the universe.

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy, get it ordered sharpish, there's another price rise due on 1 July, this follows the £750 rise on 1 April. Unless things change and Ford get their act together, you're looking at November delivery at the earliest unless you can track down a cancelled order?

Reaction score
Bit confused? Thought you had already ordered one, but you actually hadn't? :?:
You weren't expecting some "dodgy" broker dealings like they use to do on the RS Megane? :wink: