Reaction score
hoolio said:
Sam can you pm me the details re the exhaust mod please.

No probs

Ahh least you know where it is now ben! Honestly it sounds sooo good. Tom said that its fine to drive it fairly hard, when we took it out hit the limiter a few times, you can tell it needs mapping but still its very good. No 5k kick now either, just progressive acceleration 8)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sam_K said:
hoolio said:

No probs

Ahh least you know where it is now ben! Honestly it sounds sooo good. Tom said that its fine to drive it fairly hard, when we took it out hit the limiter a few times, you can tell it needs mapping but still its very good. No 5k kick now either, just progressive acceleration 8)

Sam, next time Im in Essex I may have to visit to see your car =D>
Drove past yours last week actually but didnt see your car but have before.

Reaction score
Gazza said:
Sam_K said:
hoolio said:

No probs

Sam, next time Im in Essex I may have to visit to see your car =D>
Drove past yours last week actually but didnt see your car but have before.

Yea thats fine! Im pretty busy in june, Im away for all the weekends bar one so maybe we could arrange another essex meet in july??

Yeah was with JMS all of last week, you may have seen my other beauty that i rock around daily in which is the mighty suzuki vitara!

Reaction score
Now some of you have had the manifold for a while now, what are your views? Noticeble gains?

Any video clips?

Elliott.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Fitted mine yesterday, went out to take some pictures and soon found out i'd left my memory stick at home, bummer!

It's not fair to review it properly yet because it's not been mapped. It does pull harder from lower down the rev range already, more noticable when going uphill in a higher gear, I flew up a hill today in 4th that I would normally do in 3rd and it did it with ease.
It feels really smooth throughout the whole rev range even thought it's not been mapped yet, sounds no different in the lower rev range then makes a lovely induction sound as you get into the higher rev range, I can't hear much over the sound of the yozzasport!

I'm really pleased so far.

The manifold looks so nice in red too :D

needs mapping.....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
What BHP was your car producing before it had this fitted BenG, was is standard?

Just trying to gauge the BHP/£ ratio.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hodgy21 said:
What BHP was your car producing before it had this fitted BenG, was is standard?

DON'T
If you want peak figures, this isn't the kit for you.

Its the way it delivers the power that makes this product. I recently drove a friend's 172 which had similar performance to mine before the kit, it felt flat as a fart in comparison, it just took forever to climb through the revs.
The modest peak power increase doesn't tell the whole story. You have to drive one.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks Colin,

It's booked in on the 28th July @ 10.00am

Standard car was 162bhp and around 140Lb/Ft
With Exhaust (£400), Maxogen (£380) and remap (£300) the power was 179.9bhp and 157Lb/Ft

With the RS2 i'm hoping for around 190bhp with a drop in peak torque to around 150Lb/Ft but over a much wider rev range.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
With Exhaust (£400), Maxogen (£380) and remap (£300) the power was 179.9bhp and 157Lb/Ft

With the above setup, although the torque figure sounds good it was only for a very short duration (few hundred RPM) at around 5500 RPM then it quickly dropped off again.

RSTuning10012.jpg

Reaction score
That looks a nice bit of kit there Ben, im liking the red cable tubing, one question how are you finding checking the oil level? or has this not been done yet.

Hodgy21, as Aucky states it not the increase in power its how its delivered, there was a rather good review of someones on this over on CS i think its under the Traders section on JMS then RS2.

Ben that power from what you done before does see rather good, who done the remap, and im guessing the exhaust was the RS192 you had fitted previously.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
That looks a nice bit of kit there Ben, im liking the red cable tubing, one question how are you finding checking the oil level? or has this not been done yet.

I have checked the oil level 3 times already and it's honestly no harder than previous. It's a little difficult locating the hole when putting the dip stick back due to low light but other than that its a doddle.

I've not changed the filter yet but I cant see why there would be any issues, it's by no means inaccessible, I can reach it no problem.

Paul @ RS Tuning did the re-map and the exhaust in question was the Scorpion RS192, fitted with a decat. It cost me(Around £1000) for the above results, est..+17.5 bhp and +17Lb/Ft.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have arranged a passenger ride in a T with one on, I don't know if he'll let me have a go though.

I had just heard mixed reviews about it and heard of some troubles with the initial systems. I believe these teething issues have been sorted out now though. I'm no mug, if I'm going to buy the whole system I want to make sure its going to be worth it.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
My Trophy went in for it's remap today and was very unsuccessful.
The low down power and torque figures were pretty close to expected but the power ended up being less than it was originally, something like 176bhp, the torque peaks at 2500rpm and then gives up from there onwards.
We think this is down to the timing seeing as though this is the only thing which has changed since paul mapped it last time. I'm going to book it into Birchdown to have it checked and go from there.

:(

I can post the shocking graph up if anyone wants to see it...? It hurts me to look!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ben - it'd be useful to see tbh.

Do JMS carry any sort of insurance for before and after? seems like a lot of money for little or no result...

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Here it is, this was after Paul did what he could with the map.

Scan-1.jpg

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The power curve looks to be right it's just lacking a bit more power, I would expect another 10bhp. The torque should rise a bit with the extra power making the torque line more flat? It still feels great to drive and you wouldn't notice without looking at the graph.