Reaction score
Trophy No.
This is the only thread I can find on this from 2015... feel like the grave digger ? Has anyone got a newer thread to save going over what had been said?

.. my story is I don’t think my rears have ever been changed. I’ve got some new b14’s in the attic so might shove them on however they’re track bias, maybe a tad hard for road useage ..

Reaction score
Iv’e got a rear pair that are shot and would be interested in knowing if there is an ‘acceptable’ replacement before I go throwing silly money around trying to get them refurbed at BG.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
There seem to be a few options that will give similar performance to the Sachs, refurbishment is not a cost effective option. Cheapest, just go for the Clio Cup dampers from RPD, very close to the Sachs. Next best would be the Koni, these are adjustable to a certain extent or if you need a little extra control Mark Fish do a revolved version of these. They will be more expensive but were developed to work in tandem with the front Sachs (apparently).

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Having the cup and trophy atm on standard setups I personally think there’s not much different on the back. I had for a time b14s on the back and cup fronts as I didn’t have time to change and it was noticeably softer at the back when I put the cup rears finally back on. i might try doing the same with the trophy’s and see if it feels difference as the Clio’s communicate so well it shouldn’t be hard to tell. I did email sachs directly who have a set on AUTODOC and they said they match the Clio... would they really bother making a different set???

Attachments

• E07A217B-5683-4A52-9609-2F994DDA242E.png
    E07A217B-5683-4A52-9609-2F994DDA242E.png
    542.4 KB · Views: 30
Reaction score
I bought some cups shocks and had them painted.
Nice job Rob!
Do you please have the size of the scroll wheel black o-ring size?
Thank you

Attachments

• 1618004594371.png
    1618004594371.png
    312 bytes · Views: 11

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Having the cup and trophy atm on standard setups I personally think there’s not much different on the back. I had for a time b14s on the back and cup fronts as I didn’t have time to change and it was noticeably softer at the back when I put the cup rears finally back on. i might try doing the same with the trophy’s and see if it feels difference as the Clio’s communicate so well it shouldn’t be hard to tell. I did email sachs directly who have a set on AUTODOC and they said they match the Clio... would they really bother making a different set???

The Sachs you see are a standard Clio MK2 shock for the rear, When the Sach rears for the trophy got stopped they superseded the part number to a standard 1.2 8v Clio shock as it fits the exact same as a genuine trophy Sachs unit.

You can walk into any motor factor and you will find rakes and rakes of Sachs units for standard cars.

I can categorically say with my hand on my heart that you won't find a genuine set of Sachs rears for the Trophy unless second hand.
The stuff listed online and on motor factors will be wrong and not the correct part.

You can hunt as much as you like but I can safely say the Sachs you think you are buying won't be the Sachs for the car.