MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
As said the rear dampers are £140 from Renault and thats close on to £300 for the pair.

Mark Fish is £255 for the pair and if there was 4/5 of us got them we could maybe get them slightly cheaper on some sort of group buy.

I have spoke to BG again today regarding some stuff and i brought up the rear dampers and they have said that it would cost more to refurbish them than it would to replace them so BG will not touch them.

Reaction score
A group buy has to be worth a try. I wondered if Gaz would be able to match the sachs and build some rears.

Reaction score
Marc, are those the re-valved Koni rear dampers that Mark does? If so, count me in for a group buy. I'd read on here they were much more expensive than that.

Reaction score
That would be cool if we all came together for a group buy, it seems like a lot of people need rear dampers, so would be worth doing.

Reaction score
I don't know about anybody else (I know some of you already have them), but I'd be interested in the Mark Fish springs too.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Tommo yes it is the Mark Fish re-valved Koni rear dampers that he does.
Im going to give them a call first thing tomorrow morning for prices and to see whats what with possibly getting a group buy.

No matter what happens i will still be getting a set or rear standard OE dampers from renault.

I have already got Mark Fish Springs all round but i will ask about a Group buy on them while I'm on the phone.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I phones Mark Fish today but they must be closed until monday.
I left a message and i will phone again on monday morning.

Will update this once i have spoke to Mark Fish on monday night.

Reaction score
hi Marc and all just looking at a poss trophy purchase. And just trying to cover all bases as I aprciate they are a different league of up keep compared to my 182 non cup. Each car I am considering appears to have different pros and cons.

Out of interest if the rear springs are cup ones and a trophy basically weighs the same as a cup. How far from apart are the specs of 182 rear Cup shocks vs Sachs rears? Rather than going down £200 worth of "temporary" konis as trust me I am the type to buy the rear Sachs the minute they surface as I like things to be right.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I spoke to Mark Fish about the exact same question you have asked on Cup shocks Vs Sachs shocks.

Mark has said to me that if anything he would bin the Cup, Sachs & standard Konis and go for the re-valved Konis that he can supply.
With the Koni rear shocks you have the full ability to adjust them to suit the fronts providing your fronts are de-pinned and if you track your car these can make an epic set up.

He does not know the Pros & Cons against the rear sachs to the standard rear cup dampers but he is sure that they are not as matched or as good as the konis as the konis can be adjusted (even the standard ones)

Im going to keep pushing to get the standard rear sachs as even if i don't put them on as these are becoming very hard to get and i have a funny feeling these are going to end up being stopped (just a feeling i have) and with people looking for the Sachs on the trophys when buying them it would add that slightly better chance of a sale IMO

Reaction score
Looks like the official update from Renault is that the Sachs rear dampers have now been superceeded by non-cup Clio 182 dampers. Not good news for those of us in need of replacements!

Reaction score
Yeah definitely is my local dealer has just had my order turn up not sachs shocks will post the part number up later but on the plus side i did get a nice cheque aswell.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Clio Trophy Sachs Damper - £156+vat
Clio Trophy Replacement Damper - £51+vat

As said above the part numbers have now been superseded and not even to cup units but sh1tty "NON-CUP" units at a 1/4 of the price.
I have written another e-mail to the managing director thats has to be at last 1000 words long.

If anyone would like to write an e-mail of complaint and a letter trying to push for these dampers to be supplied drop me a PM and i will give you all the information you need.

11slflj.png

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
These seem to be the numbers with the OE sachs one being at the top and the cheap non cup below

14abgqo.png

Reaction score
Yeah thats the part number i have got £51.60 plus vat my bill was £87 inc vat just out of interest what is the part number for cup rear shocks marc