G

Well... which car? :)

I find myself looking longingly at the Liquid Yellow (without scum stickers) Megane R26 that blasts the opposite direction to myself every afternoon on the way home from work. I just think it's a gorgeous car, and I think I may have to own one.

Being less realistic (at least for the time being) I'd replace it with a BMW 130i 3-door, which will be a bloody fantastic car to drive.

Failing that I'd have one of those new Subaru Impreza RB320s, but they're a bit chav. Nice car, though.

Reaction score
either an evo 8MR or a lotus exige s2! They are the only 2 cars I am really aspiring to realistically own for my next car.

Wont be selling the trophy for a couple of years yet though, over the moon with it, only 19, and haven't got a hope in hell of getting an insurance on either of the above until im 21.

When im 21 i'll move on.

Reaction score
I am hoping to never replace the trophy. I hope to be able to afford another car and keep the trophy as a toy!

G

theo said:
I am hoping to never replace the trophy. I hope to be able to afford another car and keep the trophy as a toy!
That's crossed my mind too...

Reaction score
David87 said:
Failing that I'd have one of those new Subaru Impreza RB320s, but they're a bit chav. Nice car, though.

RB320 a bit chav? :roll:

Limited edition, all cars sold before being built to prodominately existing customers & in memory of a great Rally Legend would not go down in my book as chav tbh mate.

Anyways...... After the 182 I'm thinking about something 2 door open & RWD.
VX220 probably, S2000 if I can stretch budget wise.

Or just wait a couple of years, upgrade from the flat to a nice sized house & then rethink.

G

It's a Subaru. With a big spoiler. And a shiny front grille. Unfortunately, it's chav. :(

Reaction score
David87 said:
It's a Subaru. With a big spoiler. And a shiny front grille. Unfortunately, it's chav. :(

I agree, it's a lovely car and I would happily own it but it's the fucking Lexus tail lights that put it firmly in the Chav camp for me. There are many that would put the Trophy there too though, and I'd have to kill them with a bread knife so feel free to defend the Scoob...

Reaction score
Meggy R26 in Liquid Yellow is quite tempting at the moment....

although my long-term aim has always been to keep the Trophy for a long long time....

Reaction score
Gareth said:
Meggy R26 in Liquid Yellow is quite tempting at the moment....

I must admit I saw one on the road not too long ago & they look superb in the metal imo 8) :twisted:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the trophy will still be in my garage in 10 years time, assuming I don't wrap it round a tree or have it knicked.

I'll add to the fleet. No way will I sell it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the plan is the trophy will be a keeper and to get a more track focused car. Exige would be nice but I think most likley I will get a westfield. All I need now is a garage to start building in!!!!!

Reaction score
I fancy a Megane F1 next - give me a couple of years with the Trophy first though :lol:

Reaction score
Been actually thinking about this a bit...its between mk5 Golf GTI, BMW 1 series or Toyota Prius.

Getting old now so next car will have to be more pratical. But until then roll on with the non-existant back seats, limited boot space, 200mile per tank - but sick sick sick performance and grin factor!!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
clarki said:
I fancy a Megane F1 next - give me a couple of years with the Trophy first though :lol:

They're slower over any distance on any surface, other than a drag strip than a Trophy.... The only benefit I can see they have over the Trophy is they have a bit more rear legroom and a slightly larger boot. My choice for the leg room and boot option would be an M3 over a meggy F1. They also understeer more than a Trophy.

That's not to say they're not a bloody good car, but Trophy owners are spoilt. Every car I've driven since #274 took up residence has felt, bulky, slow, awkward and dangerous at the limit.