Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
is the brook the one that the group of uni students conceived? I can't remember... either way i'd consider one along with the usual caterham - the benefit of these are that they are piss easy to repair and tinker with, plus there's a big scene for them. The Brooks may leave you lost if anything goes wrong. Let's be fair when your doing a lot of track work there bound to be something that wears out of fecks up.

Reaction score
In this months BMW Car magazine there is an article on a upgrade for the new 335D by a company i havent heard of before - DMS. The upgrade costs approx £870 and for that you get a mighty impressive set of figures from a diesel that should frighten all kinds of exotica...

338bhp & 520 lb ft of torque!

Thats 5bhp shy of the current M3 and 120lb ft of torque more than the current M5. They were very impressed with the conversion and performance in the article. Could be an interesting 'daily driver' to run alongside the Trophy ;)

G

DMS do some awesome remaps. There's also a lot called Thorney Motorsport who are supposed to be very good.

Reaction score
David87 said:
DMS do some awesome remaps. There's also a lot called Thorney Motorsport who are supposed to be very good.

Thorney motorsport are good in my experience. I have been there a few times with a mate as he get his vx220 turbo tuned there. Thorney is at the forefront of vx tuning, very good at bmw tuning and he is just moved onto lotus' aswell I think.

Reaction score
My girlfriend wants a exige s2, trouble is im never getting rid of the Trophy so it look like i will have to have both. Not for a while yet though, credit crunch and all!

My preference is to have a 172 cup, the Trophy, V6, R27, R26, R26R, not that im greedy or nothing, but that would be my fleet!! :twisted:

Reaction score
And i don't care how it handles, lol, just too look out the window and see that on my drive would make me smile without having to drive it!!

Reaction score
im really liking the focus RS ...in the green
but 29k ..whoa, maybe in a few years 2nd hand
the wifes R27 is starting to grow on me a bit so maybe that?

Reaction score
At the risk of heresy - the Corsa Sri/VXR is not too bad - and if you go onto the Thorneymotorsport website you will see that it is quite easy ot get them up to Megane turbo power and the KW handling kit is meant to be good - has adjustable bump and rebound. The reason it has appeared upon my radar is that in the SW it runs in the same class as the n/a 2.0 litres (1,800- 2,600) as the equivalence is 1,600 x 1.4 = 2,240.

Forgetting competition I would still go for a 335D Coupe with LSD, or possibly even the latest 330D. There will also be a 200 bhp Golf GTD soon (the BMW 123 coupe is too ugly for me and not that inspiring to drive). Being slightly more mean a Legacy diesel is good and will be a steal by early next year.

Reaction score
D4VP-C(309) said:
I'm expecting some serious abuse here but this is planned next for me......................

http://www.parkparadigm.com/images/SMP/ ... 24x768.jpg

Please be gentle with me!

Haha! This isn't the RSUK forum...we're reasonable folks here :wink:
I think its cool, would probably get tired of it as an only car, but to go along with something a bit 'better' to drive it'd be a laugh.
The way prices are these days, cars that I thought were years away from depreciating enough for me to stump up the cash (Exige S2, Z4 MCoupe, E90 335i, T350...) are closer now and the FD2 is already there :shock:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
duffer987 said:
...we're reasonable folks here :wink:

Where? :)

As some of you may know about a year ago i was thinking hard about an Exige club racer, i'm rather glad i didn't now i looked on pistonheads recently and low mileage ones (4k) had lost £10k and there were 5 listed, not many you may think but this version was a limited edition run of 25 :shock:

Reaction score
Funny you should mention that Hoolio! I did actually think, who was that on ClioTrophy that fancied one...when they were £40K something when I was looking recently :lol:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I would not have been happy. I still want one but i've just bought something else so it will have to wait a little longer.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
I would not have been happy. I still want one but i've just bought something else so it will have to wait a little longer.

You can't dangle a carrot like and not expect to enlighten us!! :wink: :wink: :?:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
quik5i1ver said:
hoolio said:

You can't dangle a carrot like and not expect to enlighten us!! :wink: :wink: :?:

Oh can't i :D