Reaction score
if i get time i may get myself a test drive in an r26 and r27 to see what they are like...no interest in buying tho.

Reaction score
Cue said:
amm said:
Cue said:
the new clio cup cars are quicker than last years.... so it's certainly in there.

i think that you will find that the new clio cups are 3 seconds a lap slower than last years cars

so why has anyone upgraded, is it in the rules that you can only compete with the latest car?

Surely to win the championship you'd go for last years then?
You couldn't run the old shape cars only the new shape clio cups can race

Reaction score
why are they so much slower then? 3 seconds must come down to more than just weight....especially as they are totally stripped too.

is there new rules and regulations this year that are slowing them down?

Reaction score
No more power and a bit more weight will make that difference, it's not just acceleration where a heavier car suffers, braking and cornering too, the chassis is probably more compromised too for greater interior space/safety etc.

Reaction score
Steve said:
No more power and a bit more weight will make that difference, it's not just acceleration where a heavier car suffers, braking and cornering too, the chassis is probably more compromised too for greater interior space/safety etc.

but a decent proportion of the weight will be from the more luxury road car interior which would have been totally stripped out anyway...so the weight difference would be nothing like the road cars.

obviously weight does affect handling, braking,balance, cornering but for a small weight difference but still with more power there must be something else causing 3 seconds other than weight.

Reaction score
Like I said - chassis. The 197 will weigh a lot more stripped or not, the 182 chassis weighs fuck all compared, it's smaller in every dimension and doesn't incorporate the same EURO NCAP 5 star safety structure, ie. it's thinner. The power advantage in the 197 Cup will be minimal if anything at all too. As far as I recall, there are no engine modifcations over the standard road car other than a different airbox.

All this is speculative anyway, the new JDM Civic is 100kg heavier than the same engined DC5 Integra that it replaces, a couple of extra bhp and it's four seconds quicker around the Tsukuba circuit. Chassis is everything, look at the Audi R8, 236bhp down on power and a lot heavier but as quick as an Enzo FFS.

Reaction score
amm said:
Cue said:
the new clio cup cars are quicker than last years.... so it's certainly in there.

i think that you will find that the new clio cups are 3 seconds a lap slower than last years cars

Where did you see a 3 second difference ? If you look at the times around Donington and Oulton, they are about the same.

amm

Reaction score
Jeremy said:
amm said:
Cue said:

Where did you see a 3 second difference ? If you look at the times around Donington and Oulton, they are about the same.
that was what one of the race teams recond jeremy

Reaction score
amm said:
Jeremy said:
amm said:
Cue said:

that was what one of the race teams recond jeremy

The fastest guys are recording very similar times for both cars.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'd say on the faster circuits i'd expect the new cars to be quicker as their drag co-efficient is lower isn't it... Thruxton would be a good example, as you get above 70/80 this will make more difference than power.

Reaction score
had 1 of these in my rear view mirror last night :)

weather was hurendous so sillyness was kept to a minimum :wink:

defo looks good on the road im actually liking it alot more after seeing it on the move doubt id trade my trophy in for 1 though ,it would need to have a turbo before id do summit like that :lol:

made my 40 mile trip a bit more exciting makeing sure he stayed behind me :p

Attachments

• nat day 2007 015.jpg
    nat day 2007 015.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 89
  • nat day 2007 018.jpg
    nat day 2007 018.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 90
Reaction score
Yeah went and sat in an r27 today at my dealers while enquiring about glacier white megane and looking for an illusive 350z in a showroom!!

Seats are excellent in R27 better tahn Trophy. Look very modern to. Controls feels alot more well put together than Trophy to. £18500!!!