Reaction score
Having tried everything I can to find a way of keeping the Trophy, it's becoming clear that finances simply will not allow it. The new R26 is on it's way and should be here at the end of the month and therefore my pride and joy has got to find a new home.

I am the second owner of the car, it was bought from DGL in High Wycombe in Dec 05 as an ex demonstrator and unusually had been very well cared for by the manager of the garage. I've put 12,500 miles on it and it has been completely trouble free mechanically bar the usual front seat rattle and all the other usual squeaks. The car is now sitting at 15,250 miles.

It was serviced by Rentech on it's first birthday last year at 8000 miles and I am planning on taking it back this month for it's second just before it's birthday (It was reg'd July 05).
It has a Pipercross panel filter - fitted at Rentech last year at service time and a Blue Flame cat back exhaust. Also it's just had new Brembo/Ds2500/braided hoses and a front brake set from Yozzasport which were fitted by the race car doctor - (Donkey on here) at the same time as getting the camber and geometry checked out.

There are a few cosmetics that I am trying to sort at the moment and time permitting will be cleared, but nothing major. As mentioned on here back at Christmas, some turkey put a bumper scrape down the left wing. It has not dented and has just left a residue. I don't know anyone with a machine polisher, so have not had a go at it yet, but it looks pretty straightforward (Edit - now sorted-read below). It has also got a cracked drivers foglight from it's one track outing at Brands last year and a kerbed front right wheel from me being an idiot and parking badly. (see pics)

I have been quoted £130 fitted for the new foglight from Renault and I reckon that with the wheel and mark on the left wing, It takes another few hundred off, hence the listing at £10,500. I would otherwise be looking for closer to the £11400 mark.

I will be very sorry to see #185 go, it has been without doubt the greatest car I've ever owned/driven and I've got some fantastic memories. As I say, if I could afford to keep it, I would. It has been hand washed weekly since I've owned it and has been treated to a diet of V-power and Optimax. It also had an oil change at 8000 miles and will have another one this month. (I've got the Silkolene, I just haven't done it yet!)

The car does currently have outstanding credit, but this will be cleared upon delivery/collection.

I'll still be on here, and think I might have to get a sticker for the Meggy! (with a very small 'traitor' written underneath - Ed).

Attachments

• PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    820.8 KB · Views: 408
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    768 KB · Views: 408
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    785.6 KB · Views: 408
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    767.3 KB · Views: 408
  • PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    729.9 KB · Views: 408
  • PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    727.3 KB · Views: 408
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    680.5 KB · Views: 408
Reaction score
Does anyone know any good detailers close to Brighton who could have a look at the scrape down the side for me? The more I look at it, the more it annoys me!!

I wan't the Trophy in pristine condition again so that the new owner can enjoy her as much as I have!

Reaction score
Don't go Chief, you're my closest Ally.

Secretly can't wait for a spin in the R26 though.

Reaction score
If you run your finger over the scratch with your nail and can feel it I cant do anything about it, if you cant feel it I might be able to remove it for you :)

Reaction score
It's noticable, but just barely. The thing is, it's noticeable by the residue, from what I can tell, the paint itself doesn't even have a scratch. Do you travel Ady or would it be a quick blast down to Portsmouth for me? I'm quite keen to have it properly sorted before it sells.

Reaction score
It's a Blue Flame mate, fits very nicely and sounds great. Nice pops and burbles when cold and a bit throatier when warm. Just sounds like the original should have really.

Reaction score
Update!!

Scrape down the side is now out. Had MCWS (Eastbourne base valet - guy called Andy who was top notch) round today to take a look and he had it out within minutes. Said that it was a tyre mark rather than a bumper, hence no dent or scratch.

Will get some pics up asap.

I'm a happy man!

Reaction score
Bump and Edit -

Could a mod change the title?!! I need to sell now, so price has gotta drop to £10500.

Meggy gets here on the 28th!!!

Reaction score
Done. Sorted out your spelling and added a necessary final comment too. :lol:

Good Luck Chief, don't forget my test drive when I get back from France.

Reaction score
Thanks Steve, knew I could rely on you to sort out my inability to spot my own errors in the text!!!

The R26 gets here on Thursday next week (if Renault make good on promises) so should be picking it up on Sat 30th all going well. Still very unsure about the decals, but I'll leave them on for a while and see if they grow on me.

The Trophy keeps getting better and better at the moment though. It definitely knows it's going and is keen not to! It will be sorely missed.

Reaction score
chiefbadger said:
Thanks Steve, knew I could rely on you to sort out my inability to spot my own errors in the text!!!

The R26 gets here on Thursday next week (if Renault make good on promises) so should be picking it up on Sat 30th all going well. Still very unsure about the decals, but I'll leave them on for a while and see if they grow on me.

The Trophy keeps getting better and better at the moment though. It definitely knows it's going and is keen not to! It will be sorely missed.

lose the decals on the roof and bumpers IMO.... good luck on the delivery date - they do seem to keep varying a bit. i thought you'd bought a showroom car and obviously misread that from your earlier posts!

Reaction score
Bumpety bump. She's still waiting for a new special friend!!!

No splitter as I just thought it looked a bit naff. Toyed with the idea of a carbon jobby from Ktec, but it's really nice not to have to worry about grounding it on a speed bump.

Pretty much certain that the roof stickers will be removed as soon as the R26 arrives, but still undecided about the bumpers.

Should here tomorrow from the garage as to whether it will be in the UK this week. Should be picking it up on Sat if so!! :D

Reaction score
OK, running out of time now. If anyone knows anybody who is after a Trophy then I'm ready to take a hit on the price. I'm trying to be discreet about it as I don't want to knock the prices at the moment. But it has to go and I'd rather it went to someone rather than the garage as a trade in!!!

Reaction score
Right, £10000 secures the little red beasty.

If anyone knows anyone looking around then please let them know.

Could someone change the title for me pleeease!

I'm picking up the R26 on Sat so time is seriously running out!

Reaction score
I test drove this yesterday in the garage you traded in you must of taking a nasty hit on the price p/x it based on what they offered me for my 172! :shock:

Reaction score
Yeah i saw it advertised on Autotrader and meant to post about it. Are you buying it then slug?