Reaction score
Ok, so i dont normally whore, but thanks to James (JMS) and Mike (FailSport) last night, the TroFail is now finished. I'm sure a few of you will have read my project thread, & i'll update that with more info than in here, but chuffed isnt the word, it drives brilliantly & looks ruddy lovely imho :D

Roll on Donington & numerous other trackdays/thrashing sessions.

Spec is as follows:

15" Pro Race 3's with T1R's, Brembo HC discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, braided lines/Dot4, Eibach Sportlines, Whiteline rear ARB, Eibach camber bolts set to -1.75 degrees, BTB catback exhaust, Espace V6 airbox with ITG filter, Skoda wonky front splitter, RMD Dished steering wheel, 2 x Bimarco Futuras & OMP 3" 4 point harnesses. Rear seats are still in as i like to be able to use the boot.

DSC04011.jpg
DSC04012.jpg
DSC04013.jpg
DSC04014.jpg
DSC04015.jpg
DSC04016.jpg
DSC04017.jpg
DSC04018.jpg
DSC04019.jpg
DSC04020.jpg
DSC04021.jpg
DSC04022.jpg
DSC04024.jpg
DSC04025.jpg

Hope you like :twisted:

Reaction score
You must have really long fingers to operate the wiper/indicator stalks!!

Reaction score
I have to say that i think this is going to be a proper little weapon on the track. I wish i had the money to buy another T or similar to turn it into a pure toy like this. I'll be really interested to see any trackday videos if you do any.

Good stuff.

Reaction score
wigstar1 said:
I have to say that i think this is going to be a proper little weapon on the track. I wish i had the money to buy another T or similar to turn it into a pure toy like this. I'll be really interested to see any trackday videos if you do any.

Good stuff.

Will see what i can do :wink: Doing Donington on 13th Match, so will have to get my camera working!!

Re: the rear discs, cars been sat at home since its last track day in November, so it needs a good drive (with the handbrake on lol) to clear all the surface rust me thinks ...

Re: long fingers? My other cars a BMW, so i dont use the indicators lol ... just have to take my hands off to operate them, i like to sit really close for my (short) legs, then quite reclined (bad back) so the dish allows me a pretty much perfect driving position compared to normal - trust me, compared to the standard Recaro/bus setup its amazing :D

Wheels where purchased from Demon Tweeks in ET35 fitment, but being Team Dynamics, you can get them anywhere really!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
how do you use the rear seats - those buckets in the front wont give you access i'd have thought.. ditch the rears and get a boot net from a lexus to stop stuff flying forward - fixes to the floor and clips onto where the rear seats lock on.

Reaction score
Cue said:
how do you use the rear seats

I dont! Theres no bench lol. But by leaving the backrest/parcel shelf in, it still allows me to use the boot for non-visible storage, ie tools, spare parts, etc. I dont have a garage you see ... helps keep the drone of the exhaust at a minimum as well :wink:

For trackuse, i just rip the whole lot out & dump it in the pitlane ...

Front damper settings are still as Renault intended, no rear adjustability, bar the Whiteline, so dont want to mess with it quite yet. Will see hw it fairs on track, then maybe buy some Koni's/de-pin the fronts if required.

Reaction score
Ahh, hadnt seen that before!! Might be quite useful as i cant be bothered to remove the cat ...

My only concern would be the additional noise it generates, as the BTB isnt exactly quiet anyway, so id be a little more concerned about decibels & noise limits :?

Reaction score
From the vids I have seen on youtube, BTB have got to be one of my favourite sounding 8)

Reaction score
BTB are very very very very quiet if you compare it to say a yozza :lol:

I don't think it will be that much louder and even if it is, that cat mod is 10/10. What should have been there from standard!!!

Reaction score
Very nice! Love the wheels, a bit different but very functional.

If you don't mind me commenting on the RARB: you want to move to mounts on the beam axle as far apart as possible, the closer the mounting points are to the 90 degree bends the stiffer, and so more effective, the bar will be. :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
^
I would say about a quarter to a third of the way in on both sides..
If they were right next to the 90deg bend there would be excessive flex in the middle of the bar wouldn't there?..

Reaction score
Are there any real advantages to having a rear ARB on a car with torsion beam rear suspension? The beam on the Clio is pretty stiff as it and doesn't flex much and with the rear being relatively light hence why it is able to cock a wheel under heavy cornering; the lift caused in part by the roll at the front due to the "soft" front springs. Also would attaching the ARB to the bolts holding the struts increase the stress on these bolts leading to potential failure?

Reaction score
POints taken onboard re: the placement of the ARB mounts! Scared to mess with it now though as it feels perfect lol ...

Jonc said:
Are there any real advantages to having a rear ARB on a car with torsion beam rear suspension? The beam on the Clio is pretty stiff as it and doesn't flex much and with the rear being relatively light hence why it is able to coyote a wheel under heavy cornering; the lift caused in part by the roll at the front due to the "soft" front springs. Also would attaching the ARB to the bolts holding the struts increase the stress on these bolts leading to potential failure?

Real advantages?

Well, i can safely say the ARB has turned the clio into the car it should have been from the start, a saxo vts.

Chronic on limit understeer has now been replaced with a considerably more mobile rear end & the ability to steer with the throttle as well as steering wheel :wink: Re: the bolts, not sure. Im sure i'll find out if theres a problem, hopefully not half way through Paddock Hill Bend at 90mph.

I can recommend it wholeheartedly :twisted:

Reaction score
You must be a demon driver!! :wink: I get understeer when it's wet but not when it's dry where I get all 3 wheels working going into a bend on a trailing throttle, don't have the balls to go for full on lift off oversteer yet! :lol: