Reaction score
Evo descrivbe the Trophy as 'the most fun you can have on 3 wheels' but my question is how do you get it on 3 wheels?

Is it something that you should be able to do everyday or do you have to really push the car so much that you're very unlikely to achieve it safely on the road?

Can you feel that you're on 3 wheels? How many people here have managed it?

I should really do one of the handling days as discussed in another thread to really experience the cars limits, but I'll have to wait until I have a bit of money for that....

Reaction score
Its as easy as flooring the throttle on a roundabout or a tightening bend, it can be acheived at relatively low speed. :p

The only way you can tell is by the angle the rear of the car takes relative to the road (you'll know what I mean when it happens) :D

Reaction score
i had my trophy on 3 wheels coming off of a round about on a sharp corner. Didn't realise myself but my bro was following and told me. Don't think its that hard to do, just go hard at a corner!

Reaction score
i was 3 wheeling on Friday on an airfield..... that was achieved on tight cornering, at low or high speed. shame i didn't get caught on camera doing it, looked good apparently :lol:

Reaction score
Gareth said:
i was 3 wheeling on Friday on an airfield..... that was achieved on tight cornering, at low or high speed. shame i didn't get caught on camera doing it, looked good apparently :lol:

I shall have to get a spotter and try it! I'd have thought it must be quite disconcerting for other road users to see a car with one wheel waving in the air!?!?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
chiefsilverback said:
Gareth said:

I shall have to get a spotter and try it! I'd have thought it must be quite disconcerting for other road users to see a car with one wheel waving in the air!?!?

my ex used to have a 2CV, a regular occurance.

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:
Oli S's avatar is a pic of his trophy 3 wheeling! 8)

I've seen loads of pictures of 'DIeppe's finest' up on 3 wheels, I just wonder if I've ever managed it!?!?

Reaction score
chiefsilverback said:

the guys with the Elise and Caterham on the Carlimits day with me were suitably impressed :D

Reaction score
chiefsilverback said:
Matt X2C said:

I've seen loads of pictures of 'DIeppe's finest' up on 3 wheels, I just wonder if I've ever managed it!?!?

by the end of the day i could feel when the car was 3 wheeling.... hard to describe it and it wasn't like being on a plane landing when the 4th wheel came back down to join the others on the tarmac.... good fun though :p

Reaction score
If you've cornered hard (anywhere near the limits) then you have. It's not that easy to do in daily driving because you have to enter a corner with a lot of speed and turn in really aggressively, you don't feel much because all the steering feel is from the front tyres keyed into the tarmac but you do get the sense of the rear axle unloading to help bring the tail round.

Best thing to do is take turns with a friend driving round an empty roundabout, upping the speed gradually, we should start a three wheel record!

Reaction score
chiefsilverback said:
Matt X2C said:

Well you probably won't want to see mine then but I can't resist :)

http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/garage.ph ... age_id=308

I'll tell you where you can get it on three wheels. Driving from East Grinstead towards Crawley, the roundabout nearest to the renault/nissan etc etc serivce center. Go right at that roundabout to head towards the Effingham hotel. Just turn in hard and the rear right wheel lifts :)

Reaction score
chiefsilverback said:
Evo descrivbe the Trophy as 'the most fun you can have on 3 wheels' but my question is how do you get it on 3 wheels?

Is it something that you should be able to do everyday or do you have to really push the car so much that you're very unlikely to achieve it safely on the road?

Can you feel that you're on 3 wheels? How many people here have managed it?

I should really do one of the handling days as discussed in another thread to really experience the cars limits, but I'll have to wait until I have a bit of money for that....

On the road I've only had three wheel experiences on very tight corners or on roundabouts, can't say that I actually feel it happening, but people following me have seen it!

When money allows, get yourself on track or one of the handling days and you'll be doing it all day long!

Matt X2C said:

Although if I am honest, this pic was taken when I had missed my braking point and had to turn in very hard, very late! :oops: :lol:

Reaction score
Who's got that picture of the two-wheeling Trophy?

I'll post one up tonight of a 996 GT3 with it's front wheel a good three inches clear of the tarmac at the 'Ring. Now that's impressive!

Reaction score
jezza l said:
chiefsilverback said:
[quote="Matt X2C":ppizcvtt]Oli S's avatar is a pic of his trophy 3 wheeling! 8)
I'll tell you where you can get it on three wheels. Driving from East Grinstead towards Crawley, the roundabout nearest to the renault/nissan etc etc serivce center. Go right at that roundabout to head towards the Effingham hotel. Just turn in hard and the rear right wheel lifts :)
[/quote:ppizcvtt]

Maybe a 3 wheeling session is needed, find the best place for invoking a tripod and have a gathering. How long before the police turn up to investigate the group 15 identical cars thrapping round a roundabount again and again?

Actually, having said that, as you head West from Bournemouth/Poole (I can't remember the exact location) there's a trading estate which is effectively a long straight with a big roundabout at either end. A friend and I just stumbled across if one afternoon and there were a couple of other guys there getting some cornering in and a guy on a bike practicing getting his knee down.

The great thing was ,with mutual consent, everyone would change direction and get some left hand fun in.....

Reaction score
"Best thing to do is take turns with a friend driving round an empty roundabout, upping the speed gradually, we should start a three wheel record!"

Let someone else drive my bubby, they can hold the camera. ha My toy, my fun

Reaction score
Steve said:
Who's got that picture of the two-wheeling Trophy?!

I know that it was Nik driving and it was in front of Audrey but not sure who posted the picture - might have been Day...

Reaction score
Steve said:
Who's got that picture of the two-wheeling Trophy?!

I know that it was Nik driving and it was in front of Audrey but not sure who posted the picture - might have been Day...

Reaction score
IMO, tight cornering gets the inside rear in the air quite easily.

On long fast corners I take regularly, I found the point where the wheel is just leaving the ground a bit sketchy! When it's just lifting and touching again It feels a bit like the back is going to come around. If you corner a bit harder the back seems to settle on one wheel.

Depends on the conditions though I guess, so try it somewhere safe! I don't want to hear that people have been driving theirs into a hedge backwards!