Reaction score
Due to some kind hearted, delightful young guys, I am now in need of a new wing mirror cover which they shattered for a laugh, along with a number of other cars in my road this evening. :cry:

Does anyone know if they come pre coloured or if I will have to purchase one and get it sprayed? Also, are they easy to fit? I'm just thankfull that they didn't cause more extensive damage than that and relieved that the motor is still working! :roll:

Reaction score
No! :shock: I made it through 15 months of on street parking in Luton and didn't have that happen...is your part of Essex worse?! :roll:
Hope its not too much of a hassle to fix, got to keep those mirrors tucked in :cry:

Reaction score
When my wing mirror was done...... thanks to a lorry! i got it sorted by local renault service garage. it doesn't come coloured, and i think off the top of my head it was about £150 - £200 to get it all sorted.

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
No! :shock: I made it through 15 months of on street parking in Luton and didn't have that happen...is your part of Essex worse?! :roll:
Hope its not too much of a hassle to fix, got to keep those mirrors tucked in :cry:

No, my road is a nice quiet street, sadly I think that some of the local losers were clearly jealous and had to come and spoil something for us. Usually 154 is parked on the drive but my sister had got the last space so I had to park on the road. In narrower roads I always fold my mirrors in.. Oh well, I shall make a point of doing it everytime from now on!

Don't know whether or not to buy a primered cover and spray it myself or just get the garage to do it... Suggestions?

Ollie, I assume the £150 - £200 was for the entire mirror and not just the red cover?

Reaction score
Gutted for you mate, people like this needs their genitals removed agressively :evil:

Could you not source a wing mirror from ebay & have it sprayed? Might be ALOT cheaper buddy? :wink:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
there's a good chance of picking one up from a breakers yard or ebay for next to nowt - if you're going to need to get it resprayed anyway then any 182 mirror would do.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Rich, if it makes you feel better some little single celled organism who's step-daddy arse-raped every day of his young life walked over my car last week and imploded the front windscreen. £700 for a new one thanks to the special thin glass. Cheers.

Attachments

• n687194686_142851_3540.jpg
    n687194686_142851_3540.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 494
Reaction score
:shock:

Fudging hell Steve!!!

Any damage to the bonnet, roof or bootlid?

Reaction score
Oh man, Steve that's awful!!! I suddenly feel that my damage is nothing in comparison!!!!!

Seriously, what sort of warped minds do these cretins have??? I cannot imagine what could possibly lead you to anything like this!

May well look at getting the part from a breaker.. Just hope I wouldn't have to buy the entire wing mirror in order to get the cover. The only decision remaining now is whether to spray it myself or pay for someone else to do it. Isn't there a guy on CS who is pretty good at spraying?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
:shock: my god steve!!!! if you ever find out who did it, i'd be willing to make the drive down to take out substantial revenge with you...... this makes me angry.... Thieves should have their hands taken.... this should result in loosing a leg!

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
Isn't there a guy on CS who is pretty good at spraying?

Middo iirc.

Does alot of the guys badges, dash inserts & engine covers.
His work does look very good tbh

Reaction score
SpaceMonkey said:
quik5i1ver said:
Isn't there a guy on CS who is pretty good at spraying?

Middo iirc.

Does alot of the guys badges, dash inserts & engine covers.
His work does look very good tbh

i think due to work commitments he's no longer spraying stuff now (the spraying was a p/t thing he used to do)

Reaction score
FunkyMunky said:
i think due to work commitments he's no longer spraying stuff now (the spraying was a p/t thing he used to do)

Cheers for the heads up Gareth, shame his work did look good

Reaction score
Ollie, I assume the £150 - £200 was for the entire mirror and not just the red cover?[/quote]

Found the bill £163 for the job lot - mirror, spraying, fitting etc.

Reaction score
Yikes!

Well I guess it's hardly surprising - I called my local Reno dealer today, just out of interest..
- Plastic mirror cover is around £27, to have it painted is around £35 and takes at least a week (they don't have a bodyshop there).. Suffice to say that I finished the conversation and immediately checked out ebay and breakers!!!! - It looks like it will now work out cheaper to buy an entire mirror from a scrapped Trophy than to buy a new cover and get it sprayed... Madness!!

Reaction score
Hurrah! CIT-REN have come up trumps with a Trophy mirror so at least another Trophy lives on as part of mine!

Thanks for all the help guys, fingers crossed it'll be in reasonable condition, although they did warn me that it could be scratched as it's been salvaged..

Reaction score
That's it....I'm not taking mine out of the garage again.......there's no 'scared' emoticon!