Reaction score
Brill thnx - still love it. Done 5,000 now - in this wet weather i'm giving the big chap a breather tucked up in the garage. Agree, sadly, with Jeremy and Richard - it's a very "human car" - makes you happy.

hyb

Reaction score
1st page was crap, was there any need for such a lengthy introduction/comparison? Review of the car was a thumbs up tho:)

Reaction score
Yeah I have... I was expecting a nice Trophy bit in it. BUT it seems to be a rush job. They basically reviewed the 182 Cup I think or even just the 182 in about 5 lines, and slapped a Trophy pic in there. If you are buying the magazine just for the Hot Hatch thing thinking it might have a nice Trophy section in there, don't bother. As far as other hot hatches though, not too bad. It mentions the Renault 5 turbo!

Reaction score
Thats one of the best reviews yet. The first reviewer who hasnt jumped on the band wagon and pandered to reno marketing department. Basically the car is good, we all know that. But he didnt use hyperbole and become overly verbose.

hyb

Reaction score
It did make a change not to read the same blurb on the dampers that pops up in everyother review. Less of the cut and paste :)

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
King Stromba said:
But he didnt use hyperbole and become overly verbose.

:shock:

Goes off to search for a dictionary button for the forum :lol:

Reaction score
hy·per·bo·le ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-pûrb-l)
n.
A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Latin hyperbol, from Greek huperbol, excess, from huperballein, to exceed : huper, beyond; see hyper- + ballein, to throw; see gwel- in Indo-European Roots.]

Reaction score
ver·bose ( P ) Pronunciation Key (vr-bs)
adj.
Using or containing a great and usually an excessive number of words; wordy. See Synonyms at wordy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Middle English *verbous, from Latin verbsus, from verbum, word. See verb.]
ver·bosely adv.
ver·boseness or ver·bosi·ty (-bs-t) n.

Reaction score
Did anyone get the cool wall with Top Gear mag? I wish they did a clio trophy tile so i could add it under the DB9 and Range Rover Sport in the sub zero section.

Reaction score
LOL, ther Williams is in the liquid nitrogen, in a freezer, in the North pole, in winter, with shades on 8)