Reaction score
just wondering if there are any knowledgeable 182/ trophy owners in the north east/ durham area? need a second opinion on the odd noise coming from the front end, think it might be ball joint related like :roll:

Reaction score
Come on you'll have to give us a bit more info mate, is it engine related?

does it increase with engine speed?

does it increase with road speed?

is it when you drive over bumps?

when changing direction?

I'm from Sunderland and could probably help out but I did a cam belt change on a clio last weekend, a cambelt swap and service on a megane 225 engined renault 5 Turbo yesterday and I'll be honest I'm a bit reluctant to give up another weekend as I still haven't got mine back together. :(

Reaction score
only at low speed mate, kind of a creaking sound and wen i get out of the car on the drive, it comes from the osf :oops:

Reaction score
It definatley sounds like a ball joint buddy, I had both of mine replaced on mine when it was still in it's warranty period, and I've just fitted two new ones at the weekend. But just to be sure make check your springs are located correctly and not snapped etc.... Also check the clearance between the rubber top mounts and the suspension turrets as sometimes they can rub.

If you need any help give me a shout :D

Steve

Reaction score
had it in at a garage and all they cud find was the top mount bearing, which i knew about and already had the part. needless 2 say the creakin is still there, but the strut doesnt rub on full lock! how much are the ball joints m8? and how much would u want for labour? , regards.

Reaction score
Anth sorry for the late reply but the earliest I could pop through for a look at it will be the weekend 28-29 Aug, I'm at RAF Leeming on a bike trackday this Sat and have plans I can't get out of on Sun.

Let me know if thats any use. Parts wise I bought my ball joints from Northwest Performance

Steve

Reaction score
thanks for that steve, coaxed me mate into doing it. just gonna change the offside one 1st and see how that goes, but thanx again anyway, anth.