Reaction score
I'm now planning on keeping my Trophy long term, but find I miss some of the toys from my old M3, in particular hands-free Bluetooth phone connection and Sat Nav with TMC.

I’ve been looking at different stereos systems with Sat Nav available on the market but very few are available with an amber display to match the Renault dials.

I’ve narrowed down my wish list to the new Becker Indianapolis Pro available from Feb’06 as it has built in Bluetooth Telephone, Sat Nav with TMC and its iPod ready.

It’s available with either a yellow, red, green or blue display.

At first I was thinking about getting the yellow version as it kind of looks a bit amberish but now I’m thinking about red as it works with the Trophy colour scheme.

What colour would you pick?

BECKERINDIANAPOLISPRO7952RED.gif

BECKERINDIANAPOLISPRO7950YELLOW.gif

http://www.becker.de/
http://www.becker.de/beckerCC21/www_roo ... o_En_1.pdf

7MAT

hyb

Reaction score
Initially I'd have said red, but looking at the pictures the orange looks more legible. I'd want to see them in real life before making a decision

Reaction score
I'd go for ease of reading over colour scheme to be honest, the orange does seem clearer, and kind of mimics the needles on the dash.

There are some pretty speccy Alpine units with satnav and bluetooth, but they aren't cheap. Bonus is that there should be an adaptor available at some point to allow most Alpines to work with the mini dash display and also the steering wheel controls.

Reaction score
Popped into my local Becker dealer (Orpington Car Stereos) on the way home from work today to check out the displays - unfortunately all they had was one Becker unit with a green screen.

They also confirmed that currently there are no stalk or display adaptors for the Clio '05.

Think I might have to put this project on hold for a while.

7MAT

Reaction score
OK the 2005 Megan and Clio CAN bus audio stalk & display adaptors are finally available for our "UPDATElist stereos. You can download a pdf from here http://www.incartec.co.uk/Resources/new29_800.pdf .

The model number is #29-800 and is availble for the following headunits; Alpine, Becker, Blaupunkt, Clarion, JVC, Kenwood, Panasonic, Pioneer, Siemens / VDO and Sony.

I spoke to www.incartec.co.uk today and as no dealer has taken stock in yet I was able to buy direct for £99. A little expensive compared to the non-CAN bus version :evil: .

Went to order a Becker Indianapolis Pro head unit to find out that the launched date has been put back till end of March. So I'll have to wait another 4 weeks. :roll:

Well I'm almost there, just need to upgrade the speakers next - any suggestions?

7MAT

Reaction score
Sounds like you're getting there mate! Thanks for the info about the adaptor as well…

For speakers - I have traditionally run Focal's in my 330ci which I have found to be very impressive.

If you can justify buying Focal Utopia's (and they fit) I doubt you'll ever regret the purchase. Alternatively the Kevlar series is also highly acclaimed.

That said I'm not to sure I can justify the purchase of Focal's for the Trophy. The cabin is so noisy that any clarity an expensive set of speakers will provide will be lost in the road noise/squeaking/rattling that is part and parcel of the Trophy experience.

If you've access to a set of Focal's I'd definitely have a listen to them. Failing that you can't go too far wrong with MB Quarts although I don't see these around too much in the UK (compared to Australia).

Will be interesting to see what you are able to fit into the doors of the Clio... I've been wondering how deep the pods are for quite a while now!

Good luck on the speaker quest...

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
hello 7mat,
both are equally mingin' so i would choose something a bit more stylish. But good luck with it all. :p

Reaction score
trophychick said:
hello 7mat,
both are equally mingin' so i would choose something a bit more stylish. But good luck with it all. :p

What would you suggest then ????????

The reason I like the Becker units is that they are not over styled!

7MAT

Reaction score
hyb said:
Does it have to have sat nav?

My requirements for a stereo replacement for the Trophy are:

Europe SAT NAV with TMC
Ipod connection
Bluetooth handfree phone
OEM type look, nothing too glitzy etc

7MAT

Reaction score
I've just put Infinity's into mine! Kappa 50.5 components in the front and Reference 6"x9"s on a stealth shelf.

Both pairs are run straight off an Alpine CDE-9850Ri and it sounds soooo much better than the OEM stuff!

All in it cost me about £550 (fitted myself) and I'm more than happy with the sound. I'd be even happier if one of the crossovers would stay glued to the underside of the glovebox! I've tried silicon so maybe now it's time to make the jump up to No More Nails!?!?!

Reaction score
chiefsilverback said:
I've just put Infinity's into mine! Kappa 50.5 components in the front and Reference 6"x9"s on a stealth shelf.

Both pairs are run straight off an Alpine CDE-9850Ri and it sounds soooo much better than the OEM stuff!

All in it cost me about £550 (fitted myself) and I'm more than happy with the sound. I'd be even happier if one of the crossovers would stay glued to the underside of the glovebox! I've tried silicon so maybe now it's time to make the jump up to No More Nails!?!?!

Did you take the back seats out too?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ok we know you think taking the back seats out is sad, fair enough but i think we've got the idea now.

Reaction score
nitro said:
Did you take the back seats out too?

The 'sealed' boot cavity is integral to the sound produced by 6"x9"s so there wouldn't be a great deal to gain by removing the back seats!!!!

I can fully understand why people remove them but given that you're not allowed to time yourself on track days etc... there's very little to gain from reducing the weight of your car!!! ;)

I'm not a modder, I'd rather put the money towards a better car! At least the guys on here are doing things to improve the overall performance/handling. I used to own a SEAT Leon Cupra R and a lot of the guys on the associated forums would chip them and then rave about keeping up with Porsche Turbos etc... motorway heroes pushing out big BHPs for straight line 'drag' races. They all neglected to mention what happens when the LCR and the Turbo get to a corner......

Reaction score
Let's keep this thread on topic please.

Received my adaptor from Incartec yesterday.

INCARTEC29800.gif

It looks like the main adaptor is compatible with all listed makes of stereo - you just need to have the correct adaptor lead for your chosen manufacturer.

The prices work out as follows;

ACI Interface Box #29-800 @ 90.51 Inc vat
Becker Lead #29-015 @ 4.99 Inc vat

Price including delivery £99.

Just hope it works as I will have to wait a few weeks for my chosen head unit to be launched.

7MAT

Reaction score
That's a big box to try and fit behind the HU, I'd have thought you'll be needing to take the dash top off to actually fit that in....

Reaction score
chiefsilverback said:
That's a big box to try and fit behind the HU, I'd have thought you'll be needing to take the dash top off to actually fit that in....

Maybe, but I will be removing the dash anyway as I need to install the GPS sensor and handsfree microphone from the head unit.

Should be fun :roll:

7MAT

Reaction score