kam

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm going to look at No. 382 on Friday and if all goes well I'll bring her home on the same day. I've noted some info below and would appreciate your thoughts please.

September 2005 (55 reg)
1 Owner
40k miles
Full service history with all receipts (12k and 36k done at Renault, 24k done at Indy)
Cambelt replaced at 28000 miles during warranty work to fix a rocker cover oil leak
Taxed until 4/09
Mot'd until 9/09
Intermittent wiper stalk upgrade fitted (original still boxed)
Front brembo disks and Pagid blue RS42 pads fitted at 25000 miles
ITG Panel air filter

Questions
Are there any obvious signs to check if the dampers are shot?
How long do the disks and pads last?
Any other common faults I should look out for?
What are the service intervals? (I've tried ringing 3 Renault dealers so far and none can be bothered to answer the phone (swear) )

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
kam said:
Hi guys,

I'm going to look at No. 382 on Friday and if all goes well I'll bring her home on the same day. I've noted some info below and would appreciate your thoughts please.

September 2005 (55 reg)
1 Owner
40k miles
Full service history with all receipts (12k and 36k done at Renault, 24k done at Indy)
Cambelt replaced at 28000 miles during warranty work to fix a rocker cover oil leak
Taxed until 4/09
Mot'd until 9/09
ITG Panel air filter

Questions
What are the service intervals? (I've tried ringing 3 Renault dealers so far and none can be bothered to answer the phone (swear) )

i presume the owner is a member on here as those mods are about spot on for what i'd say are the best things to fit.

easiest way to tell if the dampers are shot is push down on the front - there should be no movement at all, it should be firm.
Disk and pads - the brembo disks on mine have lasted 20k and still no sign of imminent change needed, that's with pagid blues (RS4-2's) and they too show no sign of letting up.
Faults - see thread above
Service intervals see the other thread above.

kam

Reaction score
Cheers for all the info guys.

Getting quite excited and hope it's a good car as thee's not many around for sale.

The links to the faults thread is wrong as it goes to the service thread. I'm guessing the faults thread is the 11 page sticky.

Reaction score
About a year back you'd be looking at 9-11k for a low mileage example. 6.5k is a bargain at the moment.

The best bit is you won't have to spend any money on getting the cambelt/aux belt done (best part of 5 bills) or upgrading the brakes (3 bills (rs4-2's are awesome)). It might have had braided hoses put on too which should firm up the pedal. Ask if the brake fluid was upgraded, as it might require a flush sometime soon.

You might get knocking on full-lock (top mounts). Check the dampers as pointed out by Cue and for any leaks. Check the tyres, should be Michelin PE2s.

As with any car best to drive it and listen out for any unusal noises. At 40k it should feel tight. Being a 1 owner car it should hopefully be a good un. Make sure to HPi it

Reaction score
Hi Cue Kam and all

No 382 sold to Kam and driven away yesterday. Very sad day and will miss the trophy which has been the best car i've had the pleasure of owning. Enjoy it Kam;I have taken good care of it. I will now be getting my petrol head kicks out of a z4 3.0 si . In this weather it is a handful keeping it in a straight line and a totally differnt driving experience being rear wheel drive. Great fun though and the straight six is silky smooth.

Cue can you update the register re 382 moving on?

I will keep an eye on the forum as i may come back to trophy ownership again at some point in the future. Big thanks to all on the forum for your help and support duing my trophy ownership

Cheers

Nick C

Cue said:
kam said:
Hi guys,

September 2005 (55 reg)
1 Owner
40k miles
Taxed until 4/09
Mot'd until 9/09
ITG Panel air filter

Questions

i presume the owner is a member on here as those mods are about spot on for what i'd say are the best things to fit.

easiest way to tell if the dampers are shot is push down on the front - there should be no movement at all, it should be firm.
Disk and pads - the brembo disks on mine have lasted 20k and still no sign of imminent change needed, that's with pagid blues (RS4-2's) and they too show no sign of letting up.
Faults - see thread above
Service intervals see the other thread above.

kam

Reaction score
Thanks for the intro Nick.

I picked up no. 382 on Friday and can't wait to put some miles on the clock as it seems an amazing car.

Looking forward to getting lots of advice on mods, etc and hopefully attend some of the forum meets / trackdays.

Reaction score
Another one hits the streets of Birmingham. I'm sure I'll see you around at some point. Enjoy!