Reaction score
Has anybody had any faults with their rear suspension? I've noticed my back drivers side is leaking :?

Its booking in to dealers on monday to hopefully get it changed under warrenty

ian

Reaction score
Not had any problems yet, touch wood

You shouldn't have any problems with the warranty issue mate, its a failed part, end of.

Reaction score
My local dealer said they have a 5 year warranty from sach .

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yeh although it's not a common problem, it's not unique. You should get it sorted though - from memory it was the seal or a misalliagned shaft, something like that.

Reaction score
Ah great! Thats put my mind at rest!

Mother is'nt impressed with the oil on the drive tho :lol:

i'll let you's know what happens on monday morning

Reaction score
:shock: Just realised I have noticed some oil on my parking space recently... I'll have to have a check this weekend. Keep us posted on how things go.

Reaction score
Went to order my brake combo today of brembo discs, ferodo pads, braided hoses and mecanic guy spotted oil on my brake disc hopefully it will be from shot to pieces brakes and not suspension reservoir!!

Story contiunes Tuesday!!

Reaction score
Well, I checked out my car this morning and all seems fine... phew.

So, just got to find out who's been parking in my space! :?

Reaction score
Yeah got uderneath car this morning and all looks well so can only assume it is brake fluid which will be fixed on Tue - cant wait to have breaks again!! Especially to see what the fuss is about on brembo discs with ferrodo pads plus braided hoses!!

Reaction score
Glad to here your's are all ok! Let me know what the combo is like because thats the package i was thinking of getting!

Can you adjust the rear suspension too?

Reaction score
Yeah will do getting it fitted by A1 Autocraft down Team Valley will be interesting to see if they do a good job. The guy builds GT40 replicas in his spare time!!

Rear suspension can be adjusted but I ve never tried.

Where did you get strut braces from?

Reaction score
Ah rite! I've been past that place! Sure there was a clio v6 outside with no engine in at the time.

Where is the adjuster? I wanna make sure they are all free and keep them lubed up lol
I won't ever be changine them but its best to keep then free

The lad who i bought the car off its his dads mate who owns whiteline or summat, if you need out just give me a shout and i'll send you his number, he's a truck driver so when i need anything just normally meet him at washington services and he brings them down

Reaction score
You sure the rears are adjustable? I've not seen anything that looks like any form of adjustment on them

I guess by adjustable your referring to the damping force? like the adjustment on the fronts?

Cheers

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
not sure what you mean by adjusting the suspension. they're not adjustable in that you can't adjust the damping but you can adjust it as in change the springs etc... only the front one's are what i'd call adjustable.

Reaction score
Cue said:
not sure what you mean by adjusting the suspension. they're not adjustable in that you can't adjust the damping but you can adjust it as in change the springs etc... only the front one's are what i'd call adjustable.

Thats what I was thinking - theres no form of adjustment on the rear struts themselves

Reaction score
yeah thats what i meant by adjusting the rear suspension! Thought i could'nt see any anodised knob

Reaction score
Could you pm me his number so I can give him a call.

Yeah you can adjust them all round, I think!!

Doesn't it involve removing some pin or someit?

Reaction score
Well i've just picked my car back up,

Dealer rang me and said it was'nt covered under the warrenty as it is a wear and tear item but then after i complained to them they rang renault uk, they have gave the go ahead to get the part changed.
The customer relations manager then rang me saying they are sorry for the problem with the car and to regain my trust in renault they will get it changed under warrenty.

Seemed a very nice man and i'm a happy ian because the new part gets fitted on thursday morning

(trophy)