Reaction score
BenG said:
Less movement from the Engine and Gearbox which results in smoother gear changes and no jerkiness when accelerating and decelerating, its a night and day difference.

Is that when compared with old and knackered oem ones or would you still say night and day when compared with brand new oem replacments too?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I would say yes, night and day between Group N and brand new oem mounts.

My oem mounts were 34K miles old and I wouldnt say they were knackered and the difference was night and day, and when I say night and day I mean I set off in the car and straight away noticed the difference, within seconds.
I dont think if I had replaced them with oem mounts it would be a night and day difference.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I've been thinking about changing the mounts soon for something like these if I keep the car. How much of a pain are they to fit?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well the upper Engine mount is pretty straight forward. The upper Gearbox mount is more of a pain, you have to jack the gearbox to take the weight, then remove the airbox and battery to get access to it. Best to replace the dogbone mount too with the powerflex bushes.

Reaction score
Ben, do you still have these on the Trophy?

if so how are they now 6weeks down the line?

(mine need changing now, can't decide standard or uprated :lol: )

Reaction score
I think it will depend what your used too Keith, i'm running the Vibra Technics mounts and also the Mark fish Stm's,
Other than more vibration at both idle and sustained steady throttle, I don't think there's much difference ride quality wise from standard.

As i said though i expect a certain level of discomfort from a track based car, so may be i'm not as picky as some :wink:

Chris

Reaction score
PeterGinger said:
vibra technics mounts? Price, where to purchase etc... SPILL :mrgreen:

That's what the K-tec ones are :eek:

I prefer to call them by there real name, rather than a company's name that just adds their profit margin on :wink:

Chris

Reaction score
I was reading this thread yesterday too. I've been wondering about these as mine are just about ready for replacement I think. Any more thoughts Ben? Would you recommend them to someone who does 25K a year? :?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi guys.

After 6 weeks I have no problems or issues with the mounts. They have made the driveability a lot better, I noticed the difference straight away. Gear changes are greatly improved and being on and off throttle is a hell of alot smoother.
The only downside to the mounts is the added vibration on idle through the steering wheel and a couple of small vibrations through the facia when driving. There was a really annoying rattle at first but it turned out to be the CD player which ive sorted now. The rattles im talking about can only be heard when the windows are up and the radio is off, there not loud annoying rattles but they are there, just like all the other rattles that are there too !
Wierdly enough the engine seems to sound louder when cruising on the Mway which is probably because of the extra vibration through the body ? Other than that they have been a good improvement. :D

Would you recommend them to someone who does 25K a year?

That really depends on how you look at it. For someone who drives a Trophy for 25K a year your obviously not too bothered about comfort and prefer the driving experience, the mounts have improved the driveability for me and outweigh the small downfalls. Put it this way, I wouldnt like to go back to how it was before.

Reaction score
Thanks Ben.
The rattles don't sound too bad to me, but the motorway could be a problem. Not sure if I will go ahead with this just yet as I get enough abuse from passengers about the MF springs and the Orbisoud (mostly the Orb). Will I hear the engine over an Orb do you think?
If it was just me then I would have the engine mounts for sure. Then again, I'm happy riding a motorbike which is both louder and more uncomfortable :D

I'm glad you decided to keep them.
Luke.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Luke. You have MF Springs and an Orb and your worried about a little extra noise from the engine bay ! :lol: :wink:

Obviously the engine is not any louder and I rarely ever drive on the motorway so I forget how loud it is when cruising which could explain it. More so the fact I have only ever come across this on the Mway. When I first bought the car It was standard and I noticed it was loud on the Mway back then.
I really wouldnt let that put you off as its probably just my imagination. My exhaust is definitely louder than the engine, I have a decat with it, your Orb is probably louder than my system.

Reaction score
hmmnn might add these to the winter project list... unless the Clio 200 is any good on the test drive....... :wink:

Reaction score
BenG said:
Luke. You have MF Springs and an Orb and your worried about a little extra noise from the engine bay ! :lol: :wink:

Obviously the engine is not any louder and I rarely ever drive on the motorway so I forget how loud it is when cruising which could explain it. More so the fact I have only ever come across this on the Mway. When I first bought the car It was standard and I noticed it was loud on the Mway back then.
I really wouldnt let that put you off as its probably just my imagination. My exhaust is definitely louder than the engine, I have a decat with it, your Orb is probably louder than my system.

A good point Ben, although I have the quiet Orb it's still all I can hear at motorway speeds :D
I'll probably get these fitted when I get a service in 2000 miles. Thanks again.

Reaction score
keith185 said:
Ben, do you still have these on the Trophy?

if so how are they now 6weeks down the line?

(mine need changing now, can't decide standard or uprated :lol: )

How do you know when they are getting ready to be replaced,

Are they any obvious signs that you need to look for

Cheers

Reaction score
Mine came loose, but Mark Fish used his "special" way of tightening them lol. But after the North Weald activity day on Sunday, they might come loose again haha.