BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Lol Ben why don't you buy something altogether more comfy?

Yeah Yeah ! [-X [-X
Are you suggesting the Trophy is too hardcore for me :wink: Surely I get extra dignity points for trying though :) ?

If I can locate the rattles ill keep them.

Colin - The MF Springs are next on the to do list. The Trophy looks really nice in that pic. :)

Reaction score
After reading this i'm so glad i didn't go for these mounts, was so close to giving them a go at one point.
Not a cheap experiment though!!! I'm sure you'll shift them quickly without losing too much though.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im not that bothered to be honest. Im going to get most of my money back from them anyways. Its just a pain in the arse changing them over again thats all. You win some you lose some.

So there you go boys...If you want the benefit from the mounts then be prepared to put up with the rattles.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
BenG said:
Lol Ben why don't you buy something altogether more comfy?

Yeah Yeah ! [-X [-X
Are you suggesting the Trophy is too hardcore for me :wink: Surely I get extra dignity points for trying though :) ?

If I can locate the rattles ill keep them.

:) I'd offer to take these off your hands as I'm bound to like them :wink: Unfortunately have just spent a load on a sackful of parts for the 5 and that's not including the set of toyo's and the 9( :shock: ) spare wheels i seem to have accumulated.

Reaction score
Ok how much for what?
And when you say rattles, are they small annoying ones or big bad ones? Is it like an S1 Lotus Elise with a hardtop on?

Reaction score
PeterGinger said:
I'm also interested. The Renaultsport ones at £1000 + fitting seem a bit high in price. The K-tek ones are much cheeper, so will like to see how they hold up. I would also like to see what mark fish ones are like.

£1000? :?

I got a quote from Renault for engine and gearbox mounts and this is what they said:

Drivers side - £75
Passenger side - £47
Rear - £31
Dog bone - £39

Where am I going wrong? :? What is the thousand pounds for? I asked them for all of them and was told that they are all of them. Or do you mean Renaultsport clio cup (race car) mounts?

Reaction score
Yes those are the puppies. I can put up with rattles now. I've told myself the car stereo plan is off for good. The trophy is a terrible car for ice installs and would take my own body weight in sound deadening material to make it quiet. Besides, when i get the new exhaust made, it will be the only thing I'll be able to (or want to) hear. So as it will be an extreme car, I'll expect it for the added benefits. :mrgreen:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ok how much for what?
And when you say rattles, are they small annoying ones or big bad ones? Is it like an S1 Lotus Elise with a hardtop on?

It only makes noises at 3000 RPM. Its more like a buzzing noise than a rattle, if the window is down or the radio is on you dont really notice it. Im a bit unsure on whether to remove them or not, the car is used daily but I love the benefits from them. :?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just find the rattles mate, you'll regret removing them if the benefits are that impressive.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thats what ive been thinking. The Engine and Gearbox feel really tight now so if I remove them it will feel really crappy. I keep telling myself to be a man ! Get a grip Ben you p*s*y !

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ben what happened the kerry Katona quip?

If you want to make yourself ill i'd recommend six pints of Peroni, does the same job and is much more fun doing it :)

Reaction score
keep them! My exhaust is playing up at 3000 rpm too, when the cams come in I think. Its a french car, not a lifeless german or jap one. It makes noises all the time anyway, at least it will be THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE LOL! :lol:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ben what happened the kerry Katona quip?

Ha, you noticed that then. I decided I was taking it a step too far with the Kerry Katona comment.

Screw Peroni ! Ive got 24 bottles of Cobra Beer in the fridge , that'll do ! (see I am a man :wink: )

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE LOL!

Is the Caps Locks to emphasise you shouting over all the noise ?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
BenG said:
Screw Peroni !

See, that's the same mistake I made................or maybe it was the bottle of Bombay we polished off afterwards :)

Anyway back to rattles, the solid top mounts seem to be doing the same job as as your engine mounts.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Shaking the car to bits you mean.

Both the STM's and Group N mounts are very track based as you say but they improve the car to a point where on most cases your willing to put up with the consequences and fit them on a road car. I could probably live with a few extra rattles but the STM's were too harsh for me for the road. I didnt really notice much of a difference when I re fitted the standard top mounts to be honest so I wasnt that bothered about losing them.

The rattles from the Group N mounts are a small price to pay for the extra benefits, just really annoying :lol:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Less movement from the Engine and Gearbox which results in smoother gear changes and no jerkiness when accelerating and decelerating, its a night and day difference.