Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
hyb said:
Take it you prefer the 197?

I wish i could have both, but I wouldn't swap the 197 back for a Trophy. The R27 is a really great car and doesn't always get the credit it deserves. Petrol costs are as significant increase but then if i wanted economy I'd have bought a diesel.

If i could afford to I'd love to get another Trophy mainly for track use though.

Reaction score
That's quite a list Hyb... I remember the change to the S2000 actually... I'm on my 2nd Trophy now and for how much I really don't like motorway driving in it, once the roads of Exmoor or Brecon Beacons are reached then it becomes all worthwile! :D

hyb

Reaction score
Choices choices, i've been looking into the 197 recently, it's growing on me lots. I just need to go drive one again. The first one i drove I couldn't really see what the fuss was about but it did only have 100 odd miles on the clock

Reaction score
i've just replied on clio197 hyb... i've toyed with getting a 3rd Trophy especially given the prices they're at - buying another though is a bit like going back to an ex-girlfriend, familiar and easy but then will you not soon remember why she's an ex? i.e. why you sold the Trophy?

go for something different i say - R27 is a very accomplished car, i miss mine though! :(

Reaction score
FunkyMunky said:
i've just replied on clio197 hyb... i've toyed with getting a 3rd Trophy especially given the prices they're at - buying another though is a bit like going back to an ex-girlfriend, familiar and easy but then will you not soon remember why she's an ex? i.e. why you sold the Trophy?
(
That's why you get a Trophy as a 2nd car... still hang out with the ex from time to time, but its not the full on 24/7 that will eventually wear you out :lol:

hyb

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy

Having bit of trouble trying to PM you johnny but I'd love to come checkout your car if poss?

my email : j.pardon (at) gmail.com

hyb

Reaction score
Cheers Johnny, never got round to coming to see you but I did meet up with a guy from the 197 forum who gave me an impressive test drive. Which roll on end of December I should be in a white 197, woohoo. Just gotta sell the 350z now!

Reaction score
hyb said:
Hello chaps :)

Some may remember me, I'm not sure who's around from when I bought mine when the Trophy 1st launched.
I had 297/500 for 8500 joyful miles, since then I've had a heap of cars of varying style. S2k/Audi TT/Integra DC5/Tuned Cooper S and now currently a Nissan 350z GT with a fruity Nismo exhaust. Now I find myself youtubing clips of 182's,197's and trophies. It might sound bonkers to some people to want to go 350z to a clio but the whole reason for doing it is to save some money and pay off debt. i've always told people that out of all the cars I've had the clio has been my fondest, so chuckable and was just a great car to have. The 350 gets around 20mpg which costs about £65 to fill and about 250-300 miles per tank. I've not had it long at all but I've got my sensible head on at the moment.

I've seen on Pistonheads you can pick up trophies with low miles for around £8k, which is it a bit of a bargain. Even more of a bargain would are the 182s with cup packs which are around £6k, but not a fan of the standard seats.
The plan would be to get a trophy and a bit of cash for mods. (exhaust, xenons, induction kit)

Do I need a slap in the face and keep the Nissan or sell up and return to trophydom ?

Hi Hyb, I remember you, didn't know you ever had a DC5 though. You do need a slap in the face, get an LPG conversion for the Zed. I was looking at one on Pistonheads for £12.5K with the conversion already done, 40mpg equivalent! Certainly don't get a 197, didn't you read evo recently, the Trophy is quicker on track, a better driver's car and a whole heap cheaper! You do like your cars a bit newer though you tart!