hyb

Reaction score
Hello chaps :)

Some may remember me, I'm not sure who's around from when I bought mine when the Trophy 1st launched.
I had 297/500 for 8500 joyful miles, since then I've had a heap of cars of varying style. S2k/Audi TT/Integra DC5/Tuned Cooper S and now currently a Nissan 350z GT with a fruity Nismo exhaust. Now I find myself youtubing clips of 182's,197's and trophies. It might sound bonkers to some people to want to go 350z to a clio but the whole reason for doing it is to save some money and pay off debt. i've always told people that out of all the cars I've had the clio has been my fondest, so chuckable and was just a great car to have. The 350 gets around 20mpg which costs about £65 to fill and about 250-300 miles per tank. I've not had it long at all but I've got my sensible head on at the moment.

I've seen on Pistonheads you can pick up trophies with low miles for around £8k, which is it a bit of a bargain. Even more of a bargain would are the 182s with cup packs which are around £6k, but not a fan of the standard seats.
The plan would be to get a trophy and a bit of cash for mods. (exhaust, xenons, induction kit)

Do I need a slap in the face and keep the Nissan or sell up and return to trophydom ?

Reaction score
you're speaking to trophy owners... What do you think?? ;)

I do indeed remember you from the point that I joined this hallowed group. Personally, I would say, if you remember the trophy days so fondly and, as you say, it's a buyer's market right now; get that map mobile out and get the saucy French beast back :)

Although don't shout about the xenons - could provoke frowning ;)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
blast from the past, how's things?

well... would you regret it? i doubt it very much....

really depends on how new a car you're after, in the past 5 years there's nothing really to touch a Trophy pound for pound at their price level; if you push that out to 10 years then e36 m3's come into view... that's a harder decision.

Reaction score
Rich's Bro is back huh :lol:

How you doing buddy, defo now is a good time to buy a nice Clio if you are after one.

hyb

Reaction score
R26 is the Megane isn't it? I love everything about them but the rear! I just couldn't do it. I've thought about the 197 but I wouldn't exactly be saving much money, only on the fuel.

You still have yours then Johnnytheboy? Fancy letting me come look at it and see if there as good as I remember? :D

Reaction score
hyb said:
R26 is the Megane isn't it? I love everything about them but the rear! I just couldn't do it. I've thought about the 197 but I wouldn't exactly be saving much money, only on the fuel.

You still have yours then Johnnytheboy? Fancy letting me come look at it and see if there as good as I remember? :D

Be my guest - it's a bit mucky... pm me if you wish to some time.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hyb said:

the 197 is worse on fuel than a trophy

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Welcome back mate, good to see one of the original owners back for more :)

hyb

Reaction score
I'm leaning more and more to another trophy, my brothers saying get a CTR though.

Do you still have the Trophy Nik?

Reaction score
I am returning to 182s as well but to a 182ff. I think!! Just waiting for a definate on the deal.

Cant afford premium for a Trophy at moment, which is devastating but I have a CBR600RR to keep me going!

Day

Reaction score
I think in the current climate he wishes he had the trophy lol!

Welcome back dude!