Reaction score
Hello people sorry iv not been on to update on the dampers, i got them back today and fitted tonight then doing wheel alignment tomorrow at work.

I have taken photos as asked and will pop a post up once my camera battery has re-charged, the one thing i would say is i got them done in a bit of a rush as they were shot blasted them painted so where the rust was i now have a pitting effect it's not as bad as it sounds however if i had more time i could have got my friend who painted them to rebuild up the lost metal due to rust. My friend works for JC Auto Refinishing, website http://www.jc-refinishing.co.uk/ so the rebuilding of the material lost wouldn't have been an issue.

Now as for the AST top mounts, there is plus and downsides. Plus is the fact you can alter camber or caster, the build quality so i have heard is good on the new ones however there was a bad batch a while back that had some issues, someone may correct me on that, as with any solid top mount the main thing your looking for is to keep the wheel alignment correct during cornering. Now for the downsides, you cant adjust both camber and caster its either one or the other or half and half so if im honest i would do caster with the top mounts then camber with bolts.

As a comparison if your doing solid top mounts there going to make the ride harder, if the car is used on road i would say keep standard but if your tracking the car then solid top mounts are a great improvement.